Psycho Remake

Guest zombieromero

Guest zombieromero

Who watched the remake of Psycho last night?

Personally I think it was a waste of time making a shot-for-shot remake with terrible actors. If they felt they had to put Psycho back in the public eye they could have released a special edition or even colourised the original using computers.

:ouro:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

I think I recorded this onto DVD to watch later. That is I recorded Psycho that was on BBC1 last night. I didn't realise it was a newer version. Was it any good? :mabiuswoz'ere:

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest zombieromero

Its an ok film to watch but if you stop and think about it too long it kinda loses its appeal.

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks, should keep me occupied!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest Sanitarium

I think I watched the remake for about half an hour before coming to the conclusion that it was utter crap and I was wasting my time by watching it. I like Vince Vaughan but when you're remaking, or trying to remake, a Hitchcock classic, even God himself couldn't top Hitchcock. Well maybe God could, but certainly not Gus Van Sant. So all in all it's a bad idea to remake a Hitchcock film.

Guest zombieromero

Amen Sanitarium!

I think most remakes are crap as they usually turn out worse than the originals.

Guest Burnout

I did not even bother watching it! Psycho is a classic, and there is nothing anyone can do to improve it.

Guest Copper1234

It just doesnt make sense why someone has to create a "shot for shot" remake of a classic with new stars and the same dialouge....wierd...Its screaming that there is no artistic value in that..simply doing a carbon copy....heck it IS a carbon copy!

I dont get why they are doing all these remakes in general..from Dawn of the dead (which was actually good) to Texas chainsaw massacre...guess they are running out of ideas..

Guest fledgling666

the gay guy from will & grace would be a better norman bates than vince vaughn. jeez, i hate that guy. i hope his eye bags get so big no one will hire him for films anymore cuz he sucks.

gus van sant sucks too. he was under contract and just wanted to finish up the contract, so he picked something the studio was already working on to shoot. i don't think he even wanted to do a hitchcock film. he just did it cuz he sort had to. anyway, you can tell from the film, he wasn't into it, because he's not a bad director, he just sucked at this. no one can remake the original. no one ever made one single episode other than the original, that i liked, even the other 4 with anthony hopkins in them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines