Scariest X-file Episodes

Rate this topic

Guest 19:19

I would have to say the pilot for a couple of reasons.

a) i was very young

b) aliens have creeped me out since i was a kid, but man i love them

c) nothing like that was on t.v. those days.

I also thought the duane berry episodes were creepy/scary as well.

Guest Frank L.

Besides the already mentioned, I thought the following episodes were

also "spooky":

-Squeeze/Tooms

-Ice

-The Host

-Aubrey

-Invocation

-Via Negativa

-Hellbound (IMHO a not-so-good episode, but very gory, and pretty scary)

Notice that IMHO there are few scary episodes in the seasons 3-7. I love

every season, but maybe I didn't think they were that scary, I don't know...

Guest SouthernCelt

My pick for the ep that gave me the most unconfortable feeling is "Eve." Reminded me of "The Bad Seed."

Guest lonegungrrly1121

hhmmm.... I thought that 'Home' was very sick... I personally found the Donnie Pfaster two- parter really scary 'Irresistible' and 'Orison'

also 'Road Runners' and from season 8 and 'Millennium' - whether it was a good episode or not, Zombies scare me!

• 11 months later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Heres my list of episodes that scared or shocked me

1. Home

2. Grotesque

3. Teso Dos Bichos

4. Avatar

5. 3

I would have to go with "Home" hands down. It was especially scary when Scully and Mulder caused a diversion to distract the brothers and get into the house. At one point, they are both inside, and you can see that the brothers are starting to realize something is going on. Just the thought of what could happen to our beloved Scully and Mulder if the brothers got a hold of them inside gave me the chills. I caught it recently in reruns, but I think I had chosen not to watch it again up until that point. It's funny, X-files was on later in the evening, and that episode came with a parental discretion warning, if I remember correctly. It's funny that they just stick it on a regular cable channel these days with no warning at all. I think it was on TNT, and it is not something I would want my young kids to happen across (if I had young kids).

I would have to say the pilot for a couple of reasons.

a) i was very young

b) aliens have creeped me out since i was a kid, but man i love them

c) nothing like that was on t.v. those days.

I also thought the duane berry episodes were creepy/scary as well.

Along those same lines, I have to put my vote in for the Tempus Fugit and Max two-parter. The images of those planes going down stuck with me as a kid, and the plot lines are quite incredible. I love those episodes.

And yes, Road Runners from Season 8 was quite scary... and disgusting.

Guest A Stranger
I would have to go with "Home" hands down. It was especially scary when Scully and Mulder caused a diversion to distract the brothers and get into the house. At one point, they are both inside, and you can see that the brothers are starting to realize something is going on. Just the thought of what could happen to our beloved Scully and Mulder if the brothers got a hold of them inside gave me the chills. I caught it recently in reruns, but I think I had chosen not to watch it again up until that point. It's funny, X-files was on later in the evening, and that episode came with a parental discretion warning, if I remember correctly. It's funny that they just stick it on a regular cable channel these days with no warning at all. I think it was on TNT, and it is not something I would want my young kids to happen across (if I had young kids).

Yeah,"Home" is by far the scariest episode. It's over the top but it's first time I remeber being really scared during TXF. That scene where the Sheriff is murdered in his home is brutal. "Grotesque" is very scary too, that's probably one of my all time favorites as well. Very much a precussor to MLM, for sure. That one has a very tense feeling thoughout and the idea of Mulder losing his sanity, which is very possible, is scary as hell.

I found the season eight episode "Via Negativa" to be unusually scary as well, a highlight of a rather sub-par year. Not too many stick out as being scary to me, the ones that do usaully have a certain clautrophic air about them like this one, where the tension never lets up.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Yeah,"Home" is by far the scariest episode. It's over the top but it's first time I remeber being really scared during TXF. That scene where the Sheriff is murdered in his home is brutal. "Grotesque" is very scary too, that's probably one of my all time favorites as well. Very much a precussor to MLM, for sure. That one has a very tense feeling thoughout and the idea of Mulder losing his sanity, which is very possible, is scary as hell.

I found the season eight episode "Via Negativa" to be unusually scary as well, a highlight of a rather sub-par year. Not too many stick out as being scary to me, the ones that do usaully have a certain clautrophic air about them like this one, where the tension never lets up.

Yes, grotesque is an outstanding and scary episode too, and I loved the whole psychological aspect of it as well. As for "Via Negativa", strangely enough, I am drawing a blank on that episode. I bet I would know it if I saw it, but I am having a hard time recalling specifics. I guess it is possible that I missed this one altogether, but I kind of doubt it. Even in seasons 8 and 9 I found myself parked in front of the TV most of the time when the X-files came on, at least for the first run.

As for "Home" I remember the scene you are talking about with the sheriff. To their credit, they did leave a lot to the imagination, but at the same time they were able to pull it off as a scary and extremely effective scene. Then, when you hear Mulder say "They really went cave man on them", and use phrases such as "what's left of the head", you just get shivers thinking about what such primordial beasts could have done to the sheriff and his poor wife.... and the horror someone would have to feel in that type of situation.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Yes, grotesque is an outstanding and scary episode too, and I loved the whole psychological aspect of it as well. As for "Via Negativa", strangely enough, I am drawing a blank on that episode. I bet I would know it if I saw it, but I am having a hard time recalling specifics. I guess it is possible that I missed this one altogether, but I kind of doubt it. Even in seasons 8 and 9 I found myself parked in front of the TV most of the time when the X-files came on, at least for the first run.

As for "Home" I remember the scene you are talking about with the sheriff. To their credit, they did leave a lot to the imagination, but at the same time they were able to pull it off as a scary and extremely effective scene. Then, when you hear Mulder say "They really went cave man on them", and use phrases such as "what's left of the head", you just get shivers thinking about what such primordial beasts could have done to the sheriff and his poor wife.... and the horror someone would have to feel in that type of situation.

Yep, 'Home' all right... I remember the first time I saw it I just sat there in total disbelief, especially when the 'boys' rolled their sweet little Mum from under the bed and asked each other if they were ready... GEEZ...