Few Are Called, And Fewer Are Chosen

Rate this topic

The scenario question is in my post below. Would you go to the meeting?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You get a call from an unidentified person who asks for you by name. The call display reads Caller Unknown.

The caller refers to you by your name on the Millennium Message Board and indicates they've been reading your posts and based on your insight and creative leaps they wish you to consider becoming a candidate for The Millennium Group.

The caller explains that the Group in the show is an exaggerated portrayal of what they really are. Indeed they do have a division that assists law enforcement, but they are so much more. The battle against evil will be fought on many fronts and not all soldiers need to carry guns.

In order to be considered you need to meet him/her at a public location for lunch which turns out to be nearby so it's convenient.

Would you go to the meeting?

Guest SouthernCelt

I might meet with him/the group but I would be wary. I'd suggest a neutral meeting place the first time to "even the odds." If he resisted or didn't show, I'd write him off as a nut. If he did show, well, we'd have to see where things went from there.

God! Imagine! Mundanity vs Millennium Profundity. Bring it on!

Actually, after saying that, I opted for the cautious approach for one reason and one reason only. If it was the Investigative Group of S1 then that really isn't my thing, the Quasi-Mystical Apocalyptic Sect of S2 sounds much more like a 'good-time-waiting-to-be-had' to me so I would definately be in and the genocide mongers of S3 I would give a wide berth to, if they hadn't shot me or implemented some other hideous 'fate worse than death' already.

I would probably go the meeting and hopefully it would all be angels, mentally insane, but stunning, psychologists and dirty Old Men with dog problems. Oh the fun we could have. Excellent question Maxx...

eth.

I might meet with him/the group but I would be wary.  I'd suggest a neutral meeting place the first time to "even the odds."  If he resisted or didn't show, I'd write him off as a nut.  If he did show, well, we'd have to see where things went from there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would me, too. If it sounds too good to be true.... it might just be some Internet nut case with nothing better to do. I'd love to believe in something like this, especialy given my own particular "gift/curse", but there are a lot of psychos out there! :fool:

I would probably go the meeting and hopefully it would all be angels, mentally insane, but stunning, psychologists and dirty Old Men with dog problems. Oh the fun we could have. Excellent question Maxx...

eth.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: