Sign in to follow this  

Dreams & Visions II

The first dream I had about this was of the opening day of the First Annual MillenniuM Fan Convention (see the first Dreams & Visions post).

Okay, this time, I am dreaming that the First Annual MillenniuM Fan Convention has been going on for a while.  A bunch of us go through a gymnasium like complex down a long hallway where there is a lot of contruction going on.  The entire complex is sort of like a cross between a convention center and a sports complex.

Anyway, we finally file into this room at the end of the hallway, on the right.  The room is the size of a medium class room.  We all start settling into our seats with all our MLM memoriabilia that we have purchased or traded for, etc.  We begin to sit down, and then one of the MLM writers/producers walks in with a team of people (publicists, press, staff, etc).  At first I think it is Chris Carter, himself.  Then I am not sure, and it seems that it might be one of the others... Johannessen perhaps... or one of the others.  I don't really know in the state of consciousness of the dream.  Frankly, I wouldn't know what most of them look like in the waking reality, let alone the dream reality!

Anyway... when he appears, some of us realize that we don't have any of our VHS tapes or DVD-Rs with us to both record the occassion, and to have him autograph them!  So some of us go running to get them to our rooms, etc.  When we get back, we find there is a line infront of the front table that extends out into the hallway.  We wait in line to get his autograph...

dream fades...

Well, I wonder which producer/writer it is that will be at the First Annual Millennium Fan Convention?  Who do you think it is?  Who would you like it to be?

Sweet Dreams,

Scott

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.    Scott, what are you watching thinking before you go to bed?   What are you eating and drinking?   I find what I eat and watch affects what I dream in addition to how what I'm thinking affects the content in my dreams.   If you want to read a comic book series about a guy's strange dreams, try to hunt down the series Rare Bit fiends that artist Rick Vetich did years ago.  he drea his dreams he wrote into his dream journals for years.  Very interesting comic book.  Maybe the comic book shops nearest to you might have some copies in their back issues of all the comics.  I know it is slim, butm iit is a great comic to read if you can find it (I'm lucky to have bought some of the issues when they came out (I ordered them).    Interesting dream, Scott.  Interesting.  Have a better one.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

I'd love to have dreams like that. I rarely remember my dreams. There seem to be two categories of dreams that I remember - one is where it seems the sensible/boring bit of my brain kicks in and tells me the scenario is impossible and therefore a dream, so I wake up before it's got really interesting. So if I had a dream about a MM fan convention complete with writer, then that bit of me would say "hello! convention in US, you're in the UK, and you don't like flying, logic error!". I get very disappointed in that bit of my brain - I wish it would just keep quiet and let me carry on dreaming.  

The other type of dream rarely has any plot but is more to do with visual experiences. I don't regard myself as a "visual" person, but in those dreams (and I can still vividly recall one I had last year) I seem to be extraordinarily aware of colours and textures. In that dream, the colours weren't really vivid, it's just that I seemed to be unusually aware of them. In one scene I was walking down a passage where the walls seemed to be of adobe (or cob, which is probably the UK equivalent) and painted white - not a bright white, just an ordinary white, but I was so aware of it being white; and the texture was probably pretty standard but I hadn't experienced in real life that awareness of the texture. It was just so wonderful to spend a brief time just experiencing that focus that it seems to be that visually creative people have.

I started off watching TXF and Millennium for the stories, but over time I've become more aware of how they not only "tell" the story but how they "paint" the stories as well.