Ashley Judd

First off i dont think i never saw a movie she did called Eye of the Beholder, i may need to rent it. Has anyone seen it?

I have to admit i am a Ashley Judd fan, and its not her looks. Some movies i really liked are Kiss The Girls.....High Crimes and Double Jeporady. Anyone else here like Ashley?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest SouthernCelt
First off i dont think i never saw a movie she did called Eye of the Beholder, i may need to rent it.  Has anyone seen it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I bought it at one of those Walmart under $5.00 sales. Ashley and Ewan McGregor are both OK in it but I had trouble following the story. Seemed to have a lot of wasted dialog/time that seemed to play no part in the main story. It's not really a wierd movie a la David Lynch but the plot mystery it tried to develop doesn't really grab you. I watched the whole thing but almost shut it down several times. I'll probably pass this one on as a freebie addition to a Chistmas gift at one the gift exchanges I get trapped into.

I agree that she's been pretty good in some of the others that had better plots.

• 10 months later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
First off i dont think i never saw a movie she did called Eye of the Beholder, i may need to rent it. Has anyone seen it?

I have to admit i am a Ashley Judd fan, and its not her looks. Some movies i really liked are Kiss The Girls.....High Crimes and Double Jeporady. Anyone else here like Ashley?

I loooove Ashley Judd!! :kisses::kissypoo: Ironically, my favorite movie with her is the one you mention, "Eye of the Beholder". This is simply an awesome movie and one of my all time favs. Ewen and Ashley are both brilliant in this film. Don't rent it based on my review, as I seem to be in the minority, but if you are a fan of Ashley, I think you will be able to get through it regardless of what you think of the movie. She is not an example of someone riding the coat tails of other famous family members like, for example, the Baldwin brothers (other than Alec). LOL, sorry Baldwin brothers fans, couldn't resist. :rofl: She is truly a great actress with a lot of talent. As you may know, I am big of the directing style of certain movies, and this is one of them. I really can't pinpoint exactly what it is that I like so much about this movie, and it is slightly hard to follow at times, but I just love the unique and desperate flawed hero played by Ewan, and the damaged character played by Ashley. There are also some great roles by K. D. Lang and Genevieve Bujold in particular. As in many of my other favorite films, this one also has an incredible soundtrack that I would love to hunt down, including some amazing tracks by the great K. D. Lang. I am by no means a movie critic, and certainly don't do this movie justice, but it is good enough to be in my DVD collection and, although I have a few hundred CDs, I only have about 25 or 30 DVDs and VHSs in my collection. The movie takes you on a journey throughout the country, but somehow seems to remain exotic and intriguing with its' setting and characters throughout the film. If you love Ashley, just rent it and you will see what I mean. Oh, and I hate to say this and sound like a guy, but if you are into celebrity skin, Ashley appears scantily clad and nude several times in the film. Not that I like that kind of thing. :makingeyes:

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
I loooove Ashley Judd!! :kisses::kissypoo: Ironically, my favorite movie with her is the one you mention, "Eye of the Beholder". This is simply an awesome movie and one of my all time favs. Ewen and Ashley are both brilliant in this film. Don't rent it based on my review, as I seem to be in the minority, but if you are a fan of Ashley, I think you will be able to get through it regardless of what you think of the movie. She is not an example of someone riding the coat tails of other famous family members like, for example, the Baldwin brothers (other than Alec). LOL, sorry Baldwin brothers fans, couldn't resist. :rofl: She is truly a great actress with a lot of talent. As you may know, I am big of the directing style of certain movies, and this is one of them. I really can't pinpoint exactly what it is that I like so much about this movie, and it is slightly hard to follow at times, but I just love the unique and desperate flawed hero played by Ewan, and the damaged character played by Ashley. There are also some great roles by K. D. Lang and Genevieve Bujold in particular. As in many of my other favorite films, this one also has an incredible soundtrack that I would love to hunt down, including some amazing tracks by the great K. D. Lang. I am by no means a movie critic, and certainly don't do this movie justice, but it is good enough to be in my DVD collection and, although I have a few hundred CDs, I only have about 25 or 30 DVDs and VHSs in my collection. The movie takes you on a journey throughout the country, but somehow seems to remain exotic and intriguing with its' setting and characters throughout the film. If you love Ashley, just rent it and you will see what I mean. Oh, and I hate to say this and sound like a guy, but if you are into celebrity skin, Ashley appears scantily clad and nude several times in the film. Not that I like that kind of thing. :makingeyes:

Once again you are quite right my gore-loving, dismemberment / torture / slice & dice enthralled, blood-sucking friend!!! :bigsmile:

Seriously though, this is a GREAT film... Very psychological, which is one of my favorite kinds. And Ashley Judd is VERY, VERY nice indeed :oneeyedwinK As a matter of fact, the VERY first time I saw her I COMPLETELY fell in love with her... I bet NONE of you know one of the first things she appeared in...???

Hmmm...???

Heh..., well, believe it or not, she was in Star Trek TNG in an episode where she was Wesley's love interest. She was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo damn gorgeous I thought I was gonna die!!!! Seriously! I NEVER wanted to kill Wesley so badly in ALL my life! She musta been about 19 or so. Man oh man....

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Once again you are quite right my gore-loving, dismemberment / torture / slice & dice enthralled, blood-sucking friend!!! :bigsmile:

Seriously though, this is a GREAT film... Very psychological, which is one of my favorite kinds. And Ashley Judd is VERY, VERY nice indeed :oneeyedwinK As a matter of fact, the VERY first time I saw her I COMPLETELY fell in love with her... I bet NONE of you know one of the first things she appeared in...???

Hmmm...???

Heh..., well, believe it or not, she was in Star Trek TNG in an episode where she was Wesley's love interest. She was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo damn gorgeous I thought I was gonna die!!!! Seriously! I NEVER wanted to kill Wesley so badly in ALL my life! She musta been about 19 or so. Man oh man....

Yes, she is super scrumptious. The first time I saw her was in the recently discussed Michael Mann film Heat. I see that she actually did a fair amount of work before that. Her filmography shows that she was in "Natural Born Killers" but her scenes were deleted. I wonder if they did anything with them as extra features on the DVD release... Probably not. Speaking of the Judds, I have to confess that I really find Wynonna to be very beautiful as well, but not everyone agrees with me on that. She really has an incredible voice too.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Yes, she is super scrumptious. The first time I saw her was in the recently discussed Michael Mann film Heat. I see that she actually did a fair amount of work before that. Her filmography shows that she was in "Natural Born Killers" but her scenes were deleted. I wonder if they did anything with them as extra features on the DVD release... Probably not. Speaking of the Judds, I have to confess that I really find Wynonna to be very beautiful as well, but not everyone agrees with me on that. She really has an incredible voice too.

Whoa! Forgive me for being so EXCRUCIATINGLY out of it, but are they seriously related!!!? Ashley does kinda resemble the Mom of the singing duo; and yes, Wynona is pretty although not being really familiar with Country I don't really know her voice, but I've heard from fans that she is very good.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Whoa! Forgive me for being so EXCRUCIATINGLY out of it, but are they seriously related!!!? Ashley does kinda resemble the Mom of the singing duo; and yes, Wynona is pretty although not being really familiar with Country I don't really know her voice, but I've heard from fans that she is very good.

Yep, they sure are related. Her mom is Naomi Judd, but Wynnona is her half sister, and this is probably why you can see more resemblance between Naomi and Ashley than between Ashley and sis Wynnona. Both are beautiful in different ways. I am not by any means a Wynonna fanatic, but I do love her voice, and I have one album by her, "Tell Me Why", which I highly recommend if you are interested in listening to her. I see that you can buy it new from Amazon.com for $6, or buy it from Amazon merchants, starting at $.01, plus shipping. I don't really know for sure that this is her best album because I am not that big on country either, but I bought it for a specific song that I liked and the whole thing is fantastic. I might eventually give her other stuff a listen, but I have so much stuff on my wish list that there is no telling when this might happen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines