V For Vendetta

Guest 19:19

Guest 19:19

I want all of you to check out this site and watch this trailer. It is amazing. It's based off the graphic novel of the same name by one of the greatest comic book authors, Alan Moore.

It's sort of like if the Nazis would have won WW II. It's a totalitarian gov then 1 man is trying to destroy. Check it out.

https://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=7810

Remember, remember, the fifth of November

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It only took me two years to check this movie out on DVD. Man, do I wish I had gone to the theatre to see it. Now I am going to have to find the comics.

The use of a government created virus is very MLLMistic. I can imagine this film is too slow for the action/chase/sex/violence folks, though there is some bloody knife play for those that need that in their entertainment.

"What you do when you think no one is looking is who you are."

• Elders (Admins)

Too right Hippyroo! I watched this film a couple of months ago and I wondered why nobody had mentioned it before. Its very dark and strange. Prompted me to learn more about Guy Fawkes for example and why we celebrate a terroist in the UK each year with fireworks! It seems we celebrate him not blowing up the Houses of Parliment rather than the man himself. Also funny how we burn an effigy of Guy Fawkes in our backgardens. Sound familiar? Its a strange world.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Too right Hippyroo! I watched this film a couple of months ago and I wondered why nobody had mentioned it before. Its very dark and strange. Prompted me to learn more about Guy Fawkes for example and why we celebrate a terroist in the UK each year with fireworks! It seems we celebrate him not blowing up the Houses of Parliment rather than the man himself. Also funny how we burn an effigy of Guy Fawkes in our backgardens. Sound familiar? Its a strange world.

Hmm, you guys are making this movie sound very interesting. I have never heard of it, and never saw it at any theaters around here. I wonder if video stores carry it. I'm too broke to just go out and buy every DVD I want these days. :down:

• Elders (Admins)

I know what you mean!

If you check out 19:19's link, there are some trailers on there to show you what its like, don't know if they still work though. I watched this film at about 3am and it was hard going with so much dialogue. I remember some great imagery in it, very dark and torture etc.

Don't be dark!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Most DVD sources should have it. I got it through Neflicks. Yes, the dialog is outstanding. The scenes, camera shots etc are also quite good. I think the same people that made "The Matrix' made this film?

Guy Fawkes was the gunpowder man in the plot to kill King James I. Fawkes wanted to get England back to being Catholic. He with others was tortured, hung, and drawn and quartered. Merry ol' England indeed.

I found this interesting bit of trivia on the net:

"The practice of referring to people as "guy" or "guys" began shortly after Fawkes was made famous by the Gunpowder Plot. In 18th century England, the term was originally used to refer to an effigy of Fawkes, which would be paraded around town by children on the anniversary of the conspiracy.[1] The term "guy" has gradually come to be used for all males, though "guys" is often used for groups of any gender."

Edited by hippyroo

"What you do when you think no one is looking is who you are."

• Elders (Admins)

Interestingly, its alleged he managed to thwart his tormentors by jumping off and breaking his own neck as soon as they had the noose around him, thereby avoiding being 'saved' before he was completely dead and avoiding the next stages in the horrible process of being hung, drawn and quartered. Supposedly precautions were made after this event to prevent future criminals from doing the same thing.

The things we used to do to criminals, now they get Official Prison Visitors who kick ass if a criminal's TV isn't working in his cell.

Guest SouthernCelt
Interestingly, its alledged he managed to thwart his tormentors by jumping off and breaking his own neck as soon as they had the noose around him, thereby avoiding being 'saved' before he was completely dead and avoiding the next stages in the horrible process of being hung, drawn and quartered. Supposedly precautions were made after this event to prevent future criminals from doing the same thing.

The thing we used to do to criminals, now they get Official Prison Visitors who kick ass if a criminal's TV isn't working in his cell.

It's too bad William Wallace didn't get the same 'opportunity' as Fawkes. Even though the torture/execution scene in "Braveheart" didn't really show much, the mental image of what was being done was almost enough to cause me to leave until the scene was over. When one considers man's inhumanity to man in the past, you almost have to wonder why some of the current 'punishments' even get a passing glance from anyone much less get protestors against 'inhumane treatment.'

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines