Deadwood

4th Horseman

I dont know if this has been a previous topic, if so please forgive me..

Anyone like Deadwood on HBO? I happened upon my first episode today, which was "The Trial of Jack McCall"...i was absolutely amazed and stunned to find not one, not two, but three characters who at one time had been on MillenniuM...the first was John Hawkes who plays Sol Star, he was Bardale in "The Judge"...also, Marshall Bell played the role of a judge, magistrate Claggett, somewhat similar to the role he played on "The Judge"..last but not least was Brad Dourif who plays Doc Cochran. He was Dennis Hoffman on the episode "Force Majure"...all three in one episode...its sure good to see the many actors who graced MillenniuM still doing fantastic work today...

post-1098-1122789717.jpg

post-1098-1122789732.jpg

post-1098-1122790780_thumb.jpg

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him." REV 6:8

fourthhorsemananimatedsigna3rr.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest 19:19

deadwood is a great show. i have only seen the first season b/c my cousin borrowed it to me on dvd. can't wait to see the second.

it comes no where close to carnivale's level though, damn hbo!!

• 10 months later...
Guest ein042

Anyone like Deadwood on HBO? I happened upon my first episode today, which was "The Trial of Jack McCall"...i was absolutely amazed and stunned to find not one, not two, but three characters who at one time had been on MillenniuM...the first was John Hawkes who plays Sol Star, he was Bardale in "The Judge"...also, Marshall Bell played the role of a judge, magistrate Claggett, somewhat similar to the role he played on "The Judge"..last but not least was Brad Dourif who plays Doc Cochran. He was Dennis Hoffman on the episode "Force Majure"...all three in one episode...its sure good to see the many actors who graced MillenniuM still doing fantastic work today...

I just watched the first season of Deadwood and was delighted to find Ted Mann had written the incredible finale “Sold under Sin”.

Brad’s performance as Doc Cochran was especially moving. I knew there was a thread on Deadwood here - I didn’t connect Sol Star to Hawkes and it was driving me nuts! Thanks Fourth Horseman.

Marshall Bell ( After all the discussion about “the Judge” recently I don’t know why it took me so long to recognize him )

I’m not a fan of western drama normally but the pure poetry brought memories of Millennium season 2 flooding back.

Lines like;

“Announcing your plans is a sure way to make God laugh”

The poignancy of the Reverend Smith and Jewel’s physical dilemmas contrasted with Swearengen’s sometimes murderous sometimes benevolent nature. These reflect the same paradoxes Millennium presented to us.

References to “Powers and Principalities” among the ravings of the Minister in his delirium sharply paralleled the theme of the Millennium episode of the same name, in that, whatever action taken (if any) by an omnipotent being on our behalf will be incomprehensible to us.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

I see this is actually a fairly old thread, recently resurrected by our intelligent canine friend, Ein042. Her Avatar still cracks me up every time. It is definitely one of my favorites. Believe it or not, I have never seen "Deadwood", and now that it comes so highly recommended, I will have to be on the lookout for it. I don't have HBO, so I will have to rely on either DVDs or someone else showing it. It's always fun to see some of these actors, such as the ones you mentioned, popping up in other projects, and with all three of these key Millennium characters showing up on the same episode, I would imagine you would have been tickled pink. Another neat thing is that all of these actors also had ties to the X-files, and now that you mention John Hawkes (Bardale in "The Judge), a light just went off and I realized that also played a completely different, and very charismatic character in the X-files Milagro as Phillip Padgett. As mentioned, this is one of my favorite X-files episodes. Then, you have Marshall Bell, who played the Judge brilliantly, and also had a very good role on the X-files Fallen Angel, although it certainly didn't compare to his role and character on "The Judge". He is just so darn good in those roles as a person of authority, and he is very convincing. Then, moving on to the great Brad Dourif, as mentioned here previously, we see him in equally impressive roles on MMs Force Majeure and the XFs Beyond the Sea, but I would actually give the nod to Beyond the Sea as the better of the two. Anyways, having said all that, I have still never seen Deadwood, but I will be looking out for it. If nothing else, they do some darn fine casting, and the actors mentioned are not ones you would expect to be involved in a project that fell short of greatness.

Guest ein042

MIB

I see this is actually a fairly old thread, recently resurrected by our intelligent canine friend, Ein042. Her Avatar still cracks me up every time. It is definitely one of my favorites. Believe it or not, I have never seen "Deadwood", and now that it comes so highly recommended, I will have to be on the lookout for it.

Our CANINE friend?? **coughs sputters**

I’ll have you know I’m a genetically enhanced data dog - much more advanced than the average CANINE!

I do hope you can get a hold of Deadwood I know at least the first two seasons are available for rent - hoping to grab the next season soon myself.

Bon

:oneeyedwinK

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
MIB

I’ll have you know I’m a genetically enhanced data dog - much more advanced than the average CANINE!

I do hope you can get a hold of Deadwood I know at least the first two seasons are available for rent - hoping to grab the next season soon myself.

Bon

LOL, hilarious, I am making a note of that in my personal tape recorder: "Note to self, regarding Ein042, NOT merely a canine friend, but rather a genetically enhanced data dog." :oneeyedwinK

Yes, hopefully I will get a hold of Deadwood, but I just remembered that I still have "Six Feet Under" at the top of my list. Maybe after I watch "Six Feet", or if I don't enjoy it, I will move on to Deadwood. Then again, there is my Millennium addiction, as well as other time constraints, to consider, so it might be a while.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
MIB

Bon

HEY, wait a minute, at first glance, I thought your attached picture was a scene from the show featuring Ein, but now that I look at it, that is actually Michale Bebe in his cabin from "Beware of the Dog", with Ein representing one of the dogs that was stalking him. LOL, very very clever. I wish I had the ability to do neat computer stuff like that, but then again, I am just your regular, run of the mill dog, and not a genetically enhanced data dog. :oneeyedwinK

Guest ein042

Thanks.

You’re hardly run of the mill and your comments and insights are much more valuable to us than playing with pictures.

Actually if I had an imagination I’d have updated the pup. Everyone else switches avatars once in a while, mine’s looking a bit mangy after 3 years.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Thanks.

You’re hardly run of the mill and your comments and insights are much more valuable to us than playing with pictures.

Actually if I had an imagination I’d have updated the pup. Everyone else switches avatars once in a while, mine’s looking a bit mangy after 3 years.

Thanks, and right back atcha, however, I have to disagree on the Avatar, it could be my favorite, and it is definitely in the top 3 or so. Why mess with perfection? I like that look on his face and the dog bowl with his name on it, and Ein is so well groomed that nobody would ever accuse him/her of looking mangy. :oneeyedwinK

• Elders (Admins)

Season Three of Deadwood comes to the UK on Sky One later this week! Woohoo!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines