True Lies

Guest zombieromero

Guest zombieromero

True Lies was on TV over here in the UK last night on ITV 2.

Does anyone think this is a little bit distasteful considering all the news about terrorists?

I was not offended but I can understand why this would upset people.

I just cannot fathom the logistics of showing this film during the recent news stories, are they trying to stir up some racial or ideological conflicts.

:ouro:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True Lies was on TV over here in the UK last night on ITV 2.

Does anyone think this is a little bit distasteful considering all the news about terrorists?

I was not offended but I can understand why this would upset people.

I just cannot fathom the logistics of showing this film during the recent news stories, are they trying to stir up some racial or ideological conflicts.

:ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt it was deliberate; it was probably scheduled long ago. Isn't it with Jamie Lee Curtis and Arnold? I sitll get a knot in the stomache when I see the two towers in a movie, but that doesn't mean I want them to stop showing all movies with the towers in them. Perhaps you should turn your anger towards those that ARE trying to stir up racial or idelogical conflicts; namely the fundamentalist, facist sects of Islalm?

"What you do when you think no one is looking is who you are."

Guest Sanitarium

I remember the world trade center being edited out of movies, episodes of tv shows, movie trailers, etc. after 9-11. It was ridiculous. It's like they're trying to numb the public to what happened, a form of censorship.

A movie like True Lies is just that, a movie. I don't think it's in bad taste to show it. I like that movie, it's entertaining.

Guest zombieromero

Yeah, I'm not saying they should stop showing programmes of this type, but it was aired on ITV a Yorkshire tv station and Yorkshire is where the bombers lived.

If it was scheduled for a long time they could have easily substituted it with something else.

BTW - True Lies is an awesome film to watch late at night. I am not bothered about the showing of this film but I thought it would make an interesting discussion.

BEER----> Holy crap! Are we getting a little touchy feely, political correct. Just sit back and watch Jaime Lee do her dance to my Governor Arnold. Awsome.

BELCH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jamie Lee Curtis.... nuff said

"What you do when you think no one is looking is who you are."

I remember the world trade center being edited out of movies, episodes of tv shows, movie trailers, etc. after 9-11.  It was ridiculous.  It's like they're trying to numb the public to what happened, a form of censorship. 

A movie like True Lies is just that, a movie.  I don't think it's in bad taste to show it.  I like that movie, it's entertaining.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you are right, pretending they were never there wont solve anything, if anything they need to remind us of why were in afghanistan and iraq, everyone remember the men and women defending our right to cruise the internet and chat on this forum, they sacrifice for us, we can at least remember them.

"Have I run too far to get home?"

• Elders (Admins)
Jamie Lee Curtis.... nuff said

LOL! I've never got over that topless scene in Trading Places!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

I loved that movie.. I wish they had had Arnold strip and do an exotic dance :clapping::rofl: but I must confess even from a woman's point of view.. I think Jamie Leigh Curtis is one of the sexiest women and would sell my soul to the :devil: to look like her :angel:

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines