The Machinist

Guest fledgling666

Guest fledgling666

see this movie

hitchcockian (seriously), lovecraftian (in an autobiographical sense), david lynch-ian (but not to the point of worthlessness). 2 thumbs up, 5 chili's, 4 stars, etc. the best movie to come out this year. now, having said that, i still need to check out a couple movies to be absolutely certain it's the best, but i will get around to that eventually.

"the machinist" carries with it the same paranoid weight that season 3 of Millennium had. the story takes forever to unfold, but it is worth it. christian bale is awesome, but many in hollywood have shunned his techniques for loosing weight to play the role. he says he just quit eating. i wonder how long that took?

also, check out "the jacket" if you haven't yet. it's good too.

both these films on par with those like "memento."

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 19:19

i loved this movie. the whole time i was wondering where the hell it was going and the end actually made a lot of sense. with a movie like this you usually end up trying to figure it out in your head about the meaning, but not with this. the weight loss actually added to the story, i don't see why he should be shunned.

i haven't seen the jacket yet but i do want to see it. have you seen primer?? if not, check it out.

Guest Nadeen

I think Christian bale is in "the machinist" I gotta see it becuz the transformation is incredible. Also he was in another great movie Equilibrium, fantastic I loved it alot.

see this movie

hitchcockian (seriously), lovecraftian (in an autobiographical sense), david lynch-ian (but not to the point of worthlessness). 2 thumbs up, 5 chili's, 4 stars, etc. the best movie to come out this year. now, having said that, i still need to check out a couple movies to be absolutely certain it's the best, but i will get around to that eventually.

"the machinist" carries with it the same paranoid weight that season 3 of Millennium had. the story takes forever to unfold, but it is worth it. christian bale is awesome, but many in hollywood have shunned his techniques for loosing weight to play the role. he says he just quit eating. i wonder how long that took?

also, check out "the jacket" if you haven't yet. it's good too.

both these films on par with those like "memento."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info.. I watched Christain Bale in Equilibrium and was fascinated by both the movie and the actor.. I want to see more of his work.. he is very intense actor! :clapping:

I had heard rumors that he was being considered for the new James Bond 007 but went with Batman instead.. should have gone with Bond... James Bond :grin:

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

Christian Bale was fantasic in Equilibrium and he played the best Bruce Wayne in BATMAN BEGINS.

As for THE MACHINIST, you can go here for my thoughts. Definitely, a great film.

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

Guest blondton13

I watched "The Machinist" the other day. I thought it was pretty good. Christian's weight loss of 63 pounds to get down to 120 was awesome. It is said on one of those movies review sites (can't remember if it was IMbD, or other) that he wanted to get down to 100 pounds, but the producers felt that this would be unsafe. He did consult with a nutritionist~one site says he ate a can of tuna and an apple a day; another said he ate apples, lots of salads, smoked a lot of cigarettes, and chewed gum constantly. The "Christian Bale" diet!! :gaba: Yeah, I think I'll just worry about those few extra pounds maybe next year, ....or never. Hehe

Getting back to the movie-plot was decently intense, and his character acting was great. Couldn't believe this was the same man from American Psycho!! I haven't seen Batman yet.

Guest canadian girl

I saw The Machinist at the video store the other day, read the blurb on the back and was intrigued. I said to myself, "I'll have to rent that one day. It sounds like my kind of film." :wink:

It's good to hear some raves about it. :yes:

Guest Maddie

I`ve watched "The Machinist"some while ago-it is a great movie.

Christian Bale is an awesome actor-he did - just like in "American Psycho" and "Equlibrium"too-a very good job.Some compare "The Machinist"with "Fight Club".All I can say is:go and watch "the Machinist". :oneeyedwinK

You won`t regret it.I would be more than glad glad,if there would be more movies like that.

• Elders (Admins)

Looking forward to catching up with this movie!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines