Can Serial Killers Be Bestfriends?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when watching Paper Dove i am wondering what kind of relationship does Poloroid and Woodsman have? buddies?  work relationship?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Joe.. i think PM is obviously using the Woodsman to finally get to Frank...saying he wanted the murder done while he was in town...i also think he has a long time relationship as well, judging by the number of polaroids that the Woodsman has at home...symbiotic at best, they seem to be both using each other to meet their needs

What about this premise....since we know there was a connection between Ed Cuffle and PM in the pilot, and we know that PM once was involved with the MillenniuM group, could there also be a connection between PM and the Woodsman while PM was with the group? Their relationship seems to go beyond the superficial, their interactions, at least to me, seeming coming from a relationship that has been active for some time......thats my take...

The Fourth Horseman

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him." REV 6:8

fourthhorsemananimatedsigna3rr.gif

The answer to the question is a resounding YES; for more info on the true nature of the psychopath, and the breakdown between Factor I and Factor II components, please review both Cleckley and Hare's publications in that order. The emotional component is much more indicative of the nature of the psychopath than is the antisocial component.

A thought expressed by William James in 1902 and quoted by Wells deserves renewed attention: [Cleckley, 1988 5th edition]

Yonder puny fellow however, whom everyone can beat suffers no chagrin about it, for he has long ago abandoned the attempt to “carry that line,” as the merchants say, of Self at all. With no attempt there can be no failure; with no failure, no humiliation. So our self-feeling in this world depends entirely on what we back ourselves to be and do. It is determined by the ratio of our actualities to our supposed potentialities; a fraction of which our pretensions are the denominator and the numerator our success: thus, self-esteem = Success/Pretensions. Such a fraction may be increased as well by diminishing the denominator as by increasing the numerator. To give up pretensions is as blessed a relief as to get them gratified; and where disappointment is incessant and the struggle unending, this is what men will always do. The history of evangelical theology, with its conviction of sin, its self-despair, and its abandonment of salvation by works, is the deepest of all possible examples, but we meet others in every walk of life….How pleasant is the day when we give up striving to be young—or slender! Thank God! We say, those illusions are gone. Everything added to the self is a burden as well as a pride.

Perhaps its not based on friendship.. but a symbiotic relationship.. they both need something/want something and together can achieve more that either could separately.. just a thought. :ouro:

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

Perhaps its not based on friendship.. but a symbiotic relationship.. they both need something/want something and together can achieve more that either could separately.. just a thought.  :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Walkabout..you read my mind...my post above also stated that it seemed more symbiotic than anything else...a relationship not of friendship but of quid pro quo...still leaves me thinking there was a past history between the two...what with the photos,etc...

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him." REV 6:8

fourthhorsemananimatedsigna3rr.gif

It also seems that the PM is the alpha and helping the woodsman to 'feed his habit' as it were while getting him to do his bidding. scary thought :gaba:

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

Guest fledgling666

my opinion:

the woodsman is dumb and was "lost" at some point in his life. the polaroid man gave him purpose, helped to fulfill him, give him reason to live. in repayment for this, the woodsman does his bidding, thankfully, because it's his pleasure, in part.

it's a symbiotic exchange, yes, for a short time, but it isn't a symbiotic relationship for the long haul. the polaroid man can easily do without the woodsman.

now, how about the relationship in Thin White Line, between the two inmates? there's something to talk about!