Can Serial Killers Be Bestfriends?

Rate this topic

when watching Paper Dove i am wondering what kind of relationship does Poloroid and Woodsman have? buddies?  work relationship?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Joe.. i think PM is obviously using the Woodsman to finally get to Frank...saying he wanted the murder done while he was in town...i also think he has a long time relationship as well, judging by the number of polaroids that the Woodsman has at home...symbiotic at best, they seem to be both using each other to meet their needs

What about this premise....since we know there was a connection between Ed Cuffle and PM in the pilot, and we know that PM once was involved with the MillenniuM group, could there also be a connection between PM and the Woodsman while PM was with the group? Their relationship seems to go beyond the superficial, their interactions, at least to me, seeming coming from a relationship that has been active for some time......thats my take...

The Fourth Horseman

The answer to the question is a resounding YES; for more info on the true nature of the psychopath, and the breakdown between Factor I and Factor II components, please review both Cleckley and Hare's publications in that order. The emotional component is much more indicative of the nature of the psychopath than is the antisocial component.

Perhaps its not based on friendship.. but a symbiotic relationship.. they both need something/want something and together can achieve more that either could separately.. just a thought.  :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Walkabout..you read my mind...my post above also stated that it seemed more symbiotic than anything else...a relationship not of friendship but of quid pro quo...still leaves me thinking there was a past history between the two...what with the photos,etc...

Guest fledgling666

my opinion:

the woodsman is dumb and was "lost" at some point in his life. the polaroid man gave him purpose, helped to fulfill him, give him reason to live. in repayment for this, the woodsman does his bidding, thankfully, because it's his pleasure, in part.

it's a symbiotic exchange, yes, for a short time, but it isn't a symbiotic relationship for the long haul. the polaroid man can easily do without the woodsman.

now, how about the relationship in Thin White Line, between the two inmates? there's something to talk about!