Inga Fossa:assof Agni

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

The track you mention I have in complete form though some of what I have found has been ripped from the DVD's most notably Gillian Anderson's 'Prelude to the Portal' Monologue and various 'Dear Darling' pieces. Unfortunatley, for fear of invoking the wrath of the boys in blue, I'm not able to do much with them at the moment but Zombie has suggested a 'tribute' cd as a possible alternative so I am currently looking at that and how much from the show itself can be safely included.

Unfortunately I have no information on Malfunction beyond a title and as far as I am aware it is only known thanks to a Harsh Realm crew member. Clearly more episodes than were shot would had been envisaged and upon the demise of Harsh Realm an insider placed two 'draft scripts' on Ebay for auction: Circe being the only one that has ever made it on online and, though do not quote me, I have read that James D Hudnall was one of those who expressed interest in the discovery of these scripts possibly as he was becoming concerned by the rumour, which he confirmed he had heard, that Harsh Realm could have been resurrected beyond it's intial demise. Just for clarity's sake I have included the following as I had to go 'look' into the nature of Hudnall's legal action as it was all news to me.

The 11th Hour: Harsh Realm.

I'm not going to pass judgement on either party since it is not my place to sit on the mercy seat but I found this most important and indicative of the problems poor old Harsh Realm encountered. James' feelings aside, I love it.

And it is only a game afterall.

Also, the episodes that revolved around Pinnochio were really good (DB Sweeny.... *yummm* LOL) especially the one where he lost his leg (I'm terrible with episode names)

It is Manus Domini: the one where he lolls around in his underwear for the better part of the episode - You are naughty you know.:oneeyedwinK

eth

Guest lonegungrrly1121

It is Manus Domini: the one where he lolls around in his underwear for the better part of the episode - You are naughty you know.:oneeyedwinK

eth

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest ZeusFaber

I'll look forward to seeing what you can do with that CD then. Good luck.

As for Hudnall and HR, I think the disputes have been a bit over-exaggerated by the media. He wanted a credit in the opening, he got that, and has since said that he bears no hard feelings at all.

Guest lonegungrrly1121
I'll look forward to seeing what you can do with that CD then.  Good luck.

As for Hudnall and HR, I think the disputes have been a bit over-exaggerated by the media.  He wanted a credit in the opening, he got that, and has since said that he bears no hard feelings at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what actually happened? it's been referred to a few times in this thread, about 'personal reasons' and dissagreements... Just curious, I've only recently jumped on the HR band waggon, and it's looking a little empty lol

• Elders (Moderators)

Bear in mind that's there's bias anywhere and everywhere. Personally, I'm biased in favour of Chris Carter as he created TV shows that I became invested in. The 11th Hour is known to have a very negative view of Chris Carter. I don't think I should go too much further into that on the Board, for obvious reasons, so anyone who wants to know more will have to send me a PM (that's so I can respond as an individual). So read what you will, but just bear the background in mind.

As far as the Harsh Realm comic book was concerned, James Hudnall and Andrew Paquette had sold the rights to Harris Comics some years ago and it was Harris Comics who sold the rights on. As far as I can recall, it was Harris Comics who told James Hudnall to stay out of the way (as contractually by then he and Paquette didn't have any rights). When the show was first aired, there was an "inspired by" credit, but I understand (I haven't checked my DVDs) that referred to Harris Comics. There is also, apparently, an issue with the Writers Guild, who have specific rules on the "created by" aspect of TV shows and movies, and I'm not sure how much of the original comic book was used in the show, especially the names of the characters - I do recall that the original Dexter wasn't a dog.

As is usually the case, Hollywood is about contracts, and people like James Hudnall and Andrew Paquette can find that once they've sold their rights, what happens to their work is out of their hands entirely. I did feel sorry for James Hudnall - he seems a genuine guy, rather than a whinger, and I could see that he felt rather shabbily used, but unfortunately that seems to be what Hollywood is really all about - contracts rather than people.

As an example, as you might have guessed that my most favourite author is Terry Pratchett, and he has often told the story of an American movie studio expressing an interest in filming one of his books - "Mort" - but they wanted to lose the "Death" character as they didn't think that would play very well with American audiences. The point of that is that the main character, Mort, is Death's apprentice - which rather negates the whole point of the story. He made a most marvellous and pithy comment on Hollywood executives - if I can find it, I'll post it.

Guest lonegungrrly1121

ah right. I can understand why people were in disagreement now, thanks for clearing that up :bigsmile:

It's typical - boiling down creative energy to dollar signs and contracts. Still everyone involved in making the plot should be credited.

on a lighter note... look what I found! (yum yum)

post-1156-1123678583_thumb.jpg

Guest ZeusFaber
The 11th Hour is known to have a very negative view of Chris Carter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's putting it very mildly!

Reading about the plagiarism case leveled against The Da Vinci Code recently reminded me of this. As if you can copyright such ancient concepts as those.

I had never even come across the 11th Hour prior to searching for some information with regards to the lawsuit - knowing what I know now I shall never visit their doorstep again.

Can I just say what an excellent sig Lonegungrrly: I have been debating a Pinnochio pic but am having trouble 'dumping' Lara: it's a menage trois fit for the back pages of 'Take a Break'. In addition, I came across a weblog where someone writes as if they are Pinnochio recording their 'Realm' experiences and whilst I have lost the url (I shall find it though) I did manage to stay around long enough to 'pinch' some avatars: it's the Yorkshireman in me - if you don't nail it down :grin:

I am currently sorting through some Harsh Realm bits and bobs and will add them as it becomes a little more coherent.

Long live the Realm...

eth

Sorry, none of the underwear shots though

post-1185-1123699842.jpg post-1185-1123699848.jpg

post-1185-1123699854.jpg post-1185-1123699872.jpg

Guest lonegungrrly1121

wow I like those avatars :bigsmile: handy cat-napping eth. :clapping:

any and all HR info and bits and bobs very welcome and greatly apreciated! I have read episode 10 btw, and wish it was made. the whole prophecy arc is much better explained. bummer about scout boy playing the unrequited hero again though...