Amazons Pre-sale On Upcoming Dvd

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My copy has been on order since June.

Holler

A thought expressed by William James in 1902 and quoted by Wells deserves renewed attention: [Cleckley, 1988 5th edition]

Yonder puny fellow however, whom everyone can beat suffers no chagrin about it, for he has long ago abandoned the attempt to “carry that line,” as the merchants say, of Self at all. With no attempt there can be no failure; with no failure, no humiliation. So our self-feeling in this world depends entirely on what we back ourselves to be and do. It is determined by the ratio of our actualities to our supposed potentialities; a fraction of which our pretensions are the denominator and the numerator our success: thus, self-esteem = Success/Pretensions. Such a fraction may be increased as well by diminishing the denominator as by increasing the numerator. To give up pretensions is as blessed a relief as to get them gratified; and where disappointment is incessant and the struggle unending, this is what men will always do. The history of evangelical theology, with its conviction of sin, its self-despair, and its abandonment of salvation by works, is the deepest of all possible examples, but we meet others in every walk of life….How pleasant is the day when we give up striving to be young—or slender! Thank God! We say, those illusions are gone. Everything added to the self is a burden as well as a pride.

Guest zombieromero

I still can't believe that the US hasn't even got all the DVD's of MM yet! Glad to be a Brit! I've had all 3 seasons since before Christmas! Does anyone know why it has take you guys so long to get it.

Same thing with good [trance] music.

A thought expressed by William James in 1902 and quoted by Wells deserves renewed attention: [Cleckley, 1988 5th edition]

Yonder puny fellow however, whom everyone can beat suffers no chagrin about it, for he has long ago abandoned the attempt to “carry that line,” as the merchants say, of Self at all. With no attempt there can be no failure; with no failure, no humiliation. So our self-feeling in this world depends entirely on what we back ourselves to be and do. It is determined by the ratio of our actualities to our supposed potentialities; a fraction of which our pretensions are the denominator and the numerator our success: thus, self-esteem = Success/Pretensions. Such a fraction may be increased as well by diminishing the denominator as by increasing the numerator. To give up pretensions is as blessed a relief as to get them gratified; and where disappointment is incessant and the struggle unending, this is what men will always do. The history of evangelical theology, with its conviction of sin, its self-despair, and its abandonment of salvation by works, is the deepest of all possible examples, but we meet others in every walk of life….How pleasant is the day when we give up striving to be young—or slender! Thank God! We say, those illusions are gone. Everything added to the self is a burden as well as a pride.

Guest zombieromero

Lol! But seriously its an American TV show, you would think it would be Europe that would get it last not you guys. Was Millennium bigger over here when it first aired because I remeber when the orginal season 1 VHS set came out over here and everyone went crazy over it. Did Americans get the original VHS set?

Because we walk slowly and carry a mediocre sized stick.

:smokin:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By the way Ancrom, welcome to the board...the important thing to remember is that there was enough of a call for the shirts and ties at Fox to ok the release of the 3rd season...remember, its all about the $$$$$, and Fox must have weighed the checks and balances prior to making any decision...perhaps they even were perusing this very board to see what amount of interest there was...hopefully it is a harbinger of good things to come...

Till the Last Change..Be Done..

The Fourth Horseman

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him." REV 6:8

fourthhorsemananimatedsigna3rr.gif

BEER---> Just pre-ordered S3 today from Amazon. I had asked them to let me know (around February) when it was available to pre-order and the b*******s didn't let me know. Seems like it will be here around the 10th of Sept. (that's better than 9/11).

BTW, if anybody also wants to post on an old board it would be nice. Don't know if you remember Brian Dixon's old 'Multitude of Voices' site, there's a few of us that still take a look. Anyway, come on over if you like. TIWWA is the premier site, the other is an oldie but goodie.

BELCH

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks for ordering Season 3, Beer Belch! I agree it was pretty rude of Amazon not to let customers know that S3 was available to pre-order, meaning those that had signed up with their email addresses for notification.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.