New Kolchak Book

Rate this topic

Guest Kolchak
Kolchak: Night Stalker Chronicles comes out Oct. 4.  Has alot of new short stories and a biography

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It sounds interesting. I already have it on pre-order from Overstock.com. They have a dollar shipping deal right now. It came to a total of $13.56. Amazon is charging $18.95.

Guest Kolchak
i saw it on amazon, as unbinded......what does that mean? is it a comic book?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really sure what that means. I assumed it was a soft cover.

It is from a comic book company (Moonstone), but my understanding is that it will be a collection of short short stories with only an occasional illustration.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Kolchak
i saw it on amazon, as unbinded......what does that mean? is it a comic book?

My book finally came in last week.

It is softcover, but kind of large (6 x 9). It does have an occasional illustration, but certainly is not a comic book, although the publisher is a comic book company. It is 329 pages and contains a 2 page introduction from Frank Spotnitz. It is a collection of 26 short stories. I read the first one at lunch today. It was OK, but not great. The writing was akward at times and I had to reread several of the paragraphs. The story was intersting, but resolved itself way too quickly and left too many questions unanswered for my taste. I don't want to come across as a harsh critic, it is much better than anything I could ever write, but it didn't make me want to dive right into the next story. Of course each story has a different author, so I will be giving it at least a few more chances. This may be a book for only the most fevered Kolchak fans.

Has anyone else read any of this yet?