Btk Case

Rate this topic

Libby

• Elders (Moderators)

I just happened to be flipping through the channels and caught the end part of this court case on the Fox News channel (which we get over here in the UK). It wasn't just that the crimes were Millenniumistic that kept me on that channel - it was unbelievability of what I was hearing, listening with utter astonishment to what that thing was saying. Since we don't have TV cameras in our courts over here, and anyway the court system probably differs, I really wasn't prepared for the amount of freedom a killer such as BTK is given to make his statement.

Both the prosecutor, speaking afterwards, and the Fox News anchor, when the station went back to the studio, said it much better than I could, but I certainly had the feeling that I was watching an Academy Award acceptance speech. This brought home to me how narcissistic such killers are - it was all about him, and how he was really a good person, and please don't hurt his family, and he knows God will forgive him, and so much that was really offensive. He probably enjoyed being caught - just to have all the attention. Pleading guilty - when he knew he couldn't get the death penalty, so he'd have plenty more years to enjoy the attention.

I have to pay tribute to every other person in the courtroom, especially any family members of the victims - the degree of self-control they must all have had, in the face of such cold, cold, self-absorbed evil.

Ten life sentences with no parole for 40 years. I don't agree with the death sentence - but I'd like a judicial system that could ensure absolutely that no-one like him ever gets to taste freedom of any kind ever again. And I hope whoever is the authority accedes to the prosecutor's request on restrictions on material that thing can have access to, for the rest of his miserable, disgusting life.

Life sentence? He is senteced to watching cable tv, and having a fan club of screwed up women that want to have his baby (maybe even sex visits or an internet wedding?). Sure a few guys will want to kill him, but he will be protected in solitary or something. And all this paid for by my taxes.

If you don't want to give him the death he deserves, couldn't we at least give him hard labor, lousy food, and a cold hard cell for the rest of his miserable life?

I would much rather my money go for a free health clinic or something than for keeping this peice of human garbage fat and happy for the rest of his life.

Guest fledgling666
Life sentence?  He is senteced to watching cable tv,  and having a fan club of screwed up women that want to have his baby (maybe even sex visits or an internet wedding?).  Sure a few guys will want to kill him, but he will be protected in solitary or something.  And all this paid for by my taxes. 

If you don't want to give him the death he deserves, couldn't we at least give him hard labor, lousy food, and a cold hard cell for the rest of his miserable life?

I would much rather my money go for a free health clinic or something than for keeping this peice of human garbage fat and happy for the rest of his life.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreed.

lets kidnap him and make him build us stuff and then dig his own grave at gun point.

Guest zombieromero

Conisdering his horrific crimes and the fact that they know he is guilty I say they should waste this sack of garbage as soon as he left the courtroom. The more painful the better, he didn't show humanity to his victimes so why should he expect the same from us?

Guest blondton13
Conisdering his horrific crimes and the fact that they know he is guilty I say they should waste this sack of garbage as soon as he left the courtroom. The more painful the better, he didn't show humanity to his victimes so why should he expect the same from us?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AGREED. But instead we're going to let him use the taxpayer's money to eat, work out, and put in numerous appeals that waste the court's time. If there's one thing that chaps my bottom it's providing a home to murderers and pedophiles whilst the rest of us work 40 hours a week and can barely make it. And if he ever does get the final verdict on his death sentence, he will lay down and go to sleep. I think there is something to be said for the old way of public hangings. But then, that's just my take! Okay, my rant is over. :angry:

Guest zombieromero

I couldn't agree more blondton13, I think the old saying "any eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" fits well. I think the world has been softened in recent times and lost the idea of true justice, i.e. you kill someone and you suffer the equivalent consequences.

Guest fledgling666
a death sentence can still mean 20 yrs of cable tv and good food... John Wayne Gaicy... better yet if we get lucky he will go in general pop as Jeffery Dolmer did and end up the same way.. with a shive ....  :clapping:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dahmer got a broomstick to the back of the head, brains were all out on the floor and stuff.

Guest Laurent.

I agree that they usually have too much freedom in prison... prisoners can have cable tv, internet.. while homeless can't even buy their own food. I mean, any system that gives more care to the lives of criminals than to poors and sick should be questionned. Still, I'm against the death penalty. There was a debate about it on a french tv show in quebec and someone stated that we didn't even knew what death was; so maybe we're giving them a wonderful gift.

Out of topic: I've been reading your discussions for quite some times now and it's a pleasure to join in for the first time! ... English is not my first language so please don't be too harsh about my grammar :wink: