Omerta

Rate this topic

Viivi

• Elders (Moderators)

I really hope this post is not too naughty, but I wanted to share this and I honestly don’t know how to disguise that word below. I’m sorry if it offends someone, that’s not my intention.

This is just a tiny detail, but it amused me..

In ”Omerta” there’s a situation where Rose and Lhasa are being interrogated. Frank and Emma introduce themselves to the girls, who then repeat their names.

One of the girls (can’t remember now which one is which) pronounces Frank’s name in a rather clumsy way: ”Fwank”. It’s really the expression of innocence on her face and Frank’s quick look at her at that moment that made me laugh.

Btw, isn’t it amazing how much Lance can express on screen in just one second? The man is a walking work of art.

Love,

dontbesodark

• 8 months later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I really hope this post is not too naughty, but I wanted to share this and I honestly don’t know how to disguise that word below. I’m sorry if it offends someone, that’s not my intention.

This is just a tiny detail, but it amused me..

In ”Omerta” there’s a situation where Rose and Lhasa are being interrogated. Frank and Emma introduce themselves to the girls, who then repeat their names.

One of the girls (can’t remember now which one is which) pronounces Frank’s name in a rather clumsy way: ”Fwank”. It’s really the expression of innocence on her face and Frank’s quick look at her at that moment that made me laugh.

Btw, isn’t it amazing how much Lance can express on screen in just one second? The man is a walking work of art.

Love,

dontbesodark

I just watched that episode last night and took note of that after you mentioned it. I forget all of them, but there are some really funny scenes in that one, especially with Frank. The first one that comes to mind is when Frank and Jordan are driving into town and the guy who was attacked by the wolves walks by. Jordan asks "What was that", or something to that effect, and Frank calmly and matter of factly responds "A naked man". Then Jordan says "Ewww, grrosse", like there is nothing more discusting than a naked man. Another funny scene is when Frank is interviewing the same guy and he says that he was "attacked fatally" and Frank, also in a casual and matter of fact way responds, with a totally straight face "Well, you look fine now". LOL, funny stuff. Also, as I have mentioned before, I think the Christmas "ching ching" in between scenes, instead of the usual "dong dong" was a cute touch. I personally loved the episode, but it was a love it or hate it proposition, and I have seen several people list it among their least favorite. I thought there were both a lot of funny as well as a lot of touching scenes, especially involving Jordan. Franks is also in rare form with his great looks and expressions. Oh, and I agree with those who rank this episode as one of the best as far as Mark Snow music.

Guest SouthernCelt

I think it's safe to say that, whether you like or dislike this ep., it is unique among all the eps in the series. It's tie-in to the various continuing MM themes is tenuous at best and it is also completely different from the other humorous eps that were themselves deviations from the main plot line.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
I just watched that episode last night and took note of that after you mentioned it. I forget all of them, but there are some really funny scenes in that one, especially with Frank. The first one that comes to mind is when Frank and Jordan are driving into town and the guy who was attacked by the wolves walks by. Jordan asks "What was that", or something to that effect, and Frank calmly and matter of factly responds "A naked man". Then Jordan says "Ewww, grrosse", like there is nothing more discusting than a naked man. Another funny scene is when Frank is interviewing the same guy and he says that he was "attacked fatally" and Frank, also in a casual and matter of fact way responds, with a totally straight face "Well, you look fine now". LOL, funny stuff. Also, as I have mentioned before, I think the Christmas "ching ching" in between scenes, instead of the usual "dong dong" was a cute touch. I personally loved the episode, but it was a love it or hate it proposition, and I have seen several people list it among their least favorite. I thought there were both a lot of funny as well as a lot of touching scenes, especially involving Jordan. Franks is also in rare form with his great looks and expressions. Oh, and I agree with those who rank this episode as one of the best as far as Mark Snow music.

YES! You are quite right; the fact that Lance plays is SO serious and straight and due to the VERY serious tone of most of the shows (excluding the 2 overtly humourous ones, of course) the few times that Frank tosses out an extremely dry humourous line, it comes across as REALLY great!!!