Welcome To

Rate this topic

With the new series starting up in late Sept. i had asked the Old Man if we could have a different forum just for the the new series. So here are the rules for this forum, there are none. Just remember this is for the new show only......talk about anything from the episodes to the wardrobe and the actors. The other Night Stalker forum is only for the original show. So lets have some fun and banter. Once again i will be your moderator so lets be nice with each other. :bigsmile:

Guest Kolchak
With the new series starting up in late Sept. i had asked the Old Man if we could have a different forum just for the the new series.  So here are the rules for this forum, there are none.  Just remember this is for the new show only......talk about anything from the episodes to the wardrobe and the actors.  The other Night Stalker forum is only for the original show. So lets have some fun and banter.  Once again i will be your moderator so lets be nice with each other.  :bigsmile:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a great idea. Can't wait for the new series to start. Cheers to expectations!

Guest Kolchak
With the new series starting up in late Sept. i had asked the Old Man if we could have a different forum just for the the new series.  So here are the rules for this forum, there are none.  Just remember this is for the new show only......talk about anything from the episodes to the wardrobe and the actors.  The other Night Stalker forum is only for the original show. So lets have some fun and banter.  Once again i will be your moderator so lets be nice with each other.  :bigsmile:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's very interesting that all of the early buzz for the new kolchak series was very negative. Lately all I have been hearing and reading has been extremely optimistic. I don't know what to expect anymore. I guess I'll just wait for Sept 29th and judge for myself.

i am getting reports that it may last for the whole season but its not expected to do well unless its moved to Fri or a new time slot. On the other hand i hear that the show looks great.......wonderful visiuals and good acting. Has some shock...creep and gloom.

Guest Kolchak
Shock, creep and gloom sounds great! I definately trust Frank Spotnitz on this...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was posted today in a yahoo Kolchak Group message board. Pretty interesting & funny.....

* Sci-Fi Channel's magazine previewed all the new SF and horror shows,

and gave quotes from people who had viewed the pilots - and every show got

more negative comments than otherwise. Some of the remarks were rudely

funny, like "I'm not upset that aliens are invading the Earth. I'm upset

that they're being so boring about it." Of Jennifer Love Hewitt's "Ghost

Whisperer", one wag said, "If Miss Hewitt can talk to the dead, she should

have a word with her career."

* Many genre producers admitted that all the networks are actively

looking for their own rip-off of "Lost" this season. Look for every channel

to have a series where people stand around looking worried and wondering

what is causing mysterious deaths - but never find out.

* After seeing the pilot for "Supernatural", someone declared, "This

looks more like 'The Night Stalker' than the remake does." (On the other

hand, it's brought to us by the same "McG" who approved the awful Nicolas

Cage "Superman" script, and by the guy who created the WB's awful "Tarzan".)

* Darren McGavin had to be asked for his personal permission for the

use of his image in a cameo.

* Spotnitz spent $400 for the closest recreation of the Kolchak hat he

could find, just to show it hanging in the office. Then McGavin's son

arrived with the signed release to use his father's image - and Dad had sent

them the original hat to use, just too late to have it appear in the pilot.

(Keep an eye out to see if the hat changes after the first show.)

I just watched the preview on the abc? web site and I really think it looks good but it has a strong look of the XF, and well I am not sure about the lead actor playing Kolchak, I gues I was hoping for someone a bit older that might be a bit more skeptical then a teeny bopper type cast, that was one of the good things about millennium. hope that makes sence. Anyway I think it looks good and I swear I will made it I get into the show and it dies an early death...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Second Coming

I'm eagerly awaiting the premiere. I hope it's good. I too was a little dissapointed the lead was so young. But let's give him a chance.