MM DVDs Screen Format

Rate this topic

MM DVDs Screen Format  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:ouro:

Personally I prefer full screen format. I have to say I know however, that widescreen edition will have more votes. The question that bothers me is by how many votes the widescreen will triumph over the standard edition in the poll...

Black Douglas

:ouro:

......16x9 anamorphic widescreen baby! :smokin:  but "only" if it was shot that way-(which i think it was)-because artificially enhancing material to widescreen often looks like complete crap!

~se7en :ouro:

• 9 months later...

:hi-big: Douglas...  You have another vote on your side! :yes_big:   Call me a dinosoar, but, untill I get a widescreen tv, it makes no sense for things to be in widescreen format! :no_big:  It looks like total crap! :crying_big:  :angry_steaming_big:  I jokingly always call it "scrunch screen". :laugh_big:   The only ecception was the X Files DVDs.  They weren't scrunched as badly as some I've seen.

~Raven Wolf

• Elders (Admins)

Erin,

Check your DVD Player, it may have have a "4:3 Letter Box" mode which will enable widescreen movies etc to display correctly on a narrow screened tv or indeed your TV might have this mode.

Graham.

Graham,  :thankx-big: for the suggestion, but I wasn't realy complaining about the DVD's I've got...(all I have is the first 2 seasons of Millennium, and Scott's X-Files DVDs).  They weren't "scrunched" too much, just about an inch of black at the top and bottom.  What REALY makes me go  :angry_steaming_big: are some movies that I've seen on the Sci-Fi channel.  I've seen "Aliens" on a regular screen, and then the Sci-Fi channel thought.... :thinking_big:"What would make this movie more attention-grabbing?"  I know!  Let's scrunch it down so that everybody has to squint to see it! :laugh_big:  And *hey*, while we're at it, let's do the same thing to "Dune"!  4 hours of squinting, and they'll all be reaching for the migrane pills!  We can sell more Advil commercials!"

Sorry about that...Just having a little fun...and letting off a little steam...LOL  Was it good for you? :smokin:

Anyway....I forgot to mention that my t.v. is a 15 year old, Magnovix dinosoar....so I'm just glad I can even get the DVD player to work...and see Millennium and The X Files...after all, what else is there? :rofl:

• Elders (Admins)

LOL! There is nothing else!

I didn't think the Millennium DVD's were in wide screen if I recall correctly. It was hoped that the official release would be if it ever happens. I'll have to check my review!  :sunglasses_big:

Graham.

I don't mind widescreen format (but then again the TV at home has a 36 inch screen and the computer monitor has a 18 or 20 inch screen.

I would liek to see Millennium in widescreen if that was how it was filmed, but it would be fine to see it in full screen like it was seen on TV.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(who has the BSG mini-series to watch and some DVDs to watch (and review))

• Elders (Admins)

Last year, Peter Staddon from Fox said it would be released in widescreen if it was filmed in widescreen. Due to the lens and cameras used at the time, the concensus seems to be it was in fact filmed in wide screen. Didn't The X-Files switch half way though? Possible about when MillenniuM first aired?

Gra.

(Still checking in!)

Guest Second Coming
Last year, Peter Staddon from Fox said it would be released in widescreen if it was filmed in widescreen. Due to the lens and cameras used at the time, the concensus seems to be it was in fact filmed in wide screen. Didn't The X-Files switch half way though? Possible about when MillenniuM first aired?

Gra.

(Still checking in!)

Yeah that's my reasoning too. X-files started filming in widescreen in the 5th season. And Millennium came on after that. I personally love widescreen. I hate for a film to be cropped and cut up to "fill my screen". I'm going to love it more when i finally get a widescreen tv.

i don't like widescreen, i have (or my mum has, rather) a normal square tv, and I find it really distracting when you're watching just a section of the screen.  I do find that I can get used to it after 15 mins or so sometimes.  Depends on how squished up it is.