MM DVDs Screen Format

Rate this topic

MM DVDs Screen Format  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Second Coming
i don't like widescreen, i have (or my mum has, rather) a normal square tv, and I find it really distracting when you're watching just a section of the screen.  I do find that I can get used to it after 15 mins or so sometimes.  Depends on how squished up it is.

the thing is, on widescreen it's NOT squished. It's in the original way it was intended to be. In Full Frame they cut out part of the screen to fit it on the tv.

the thing is, on widescreen it's NOT squished. It's in the original way it was intended to be. In Full Frame they cut out part of the screen to fit it on the tv.

.......IF I HAD TO GO BACK TO 4:3-SQUARE I'D BE DOING IT KICKING AND SCREAMING THE ENTIRE WAY :angry_steaming_big:  :crying_big:  :angry_big:

se7en :ouro:  :santa2:

Guest Pretender909

They are releasing Kunf Fu next year on DVD and it will be widescreen, but since it wasn't filmed that way, they say they'll have to trim a little off the top. I love widescreen, but I don't want my TV/Movies trimmed. Todd

Why would anyone not want widescreen if that is how they were filmed?

.....ANOTHER GOOD QUESTION IS "WHY WOULD ANYONE RELEASE SOMETHING IN WIDESCREEN WHEN IT WAS NOT SHOT THAT WAY??" i've seen the results of a few show like that and results are often a VERY grainy picture;not pretty. A.K.A. RIDICULOUS!

~se7en :ouro:

Babylon 5 is a mixed bag in widescreen. It was shot in the widescreen, but the CGI shots in space weren't done in widescreen, and all the computers that contained the data (and the original data) to do the CGI to configure to widescreen was lost by the time Sci-Fi aired it in widescreen (and Warner put B5 on DVD).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

• 2 weeks later...
Babylon 5 is a mixed bag in widescreen.  It was shot in the widescreen, but the CGI shots in space weren't done in widescreen, and all the computers that contained the data (and the original data) to do the CGI to configure to widescreen was lost by the time Sci-Fi aired it in widescreen (and Warner put B5 on DVD).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

My vote: However it was shot. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Regan MacNeil

I'm pretty sure the first season of MillenniuM will be full screen. MillenniuM paralleled The X-Files seasons 4, 5, and 6 (remember The X-Files crossover didn't happen until season 7) and The X-Files didn't switch to widescreen until season 5. I HOPE I'm wrong, but I'll bet MM didn't switch to widescreen until the second season.