The Passing Of My "daughter".

To whom it may concern.....

The last 24 hours have been hell.

I do not have human "children", I have animals, and this morning, my "daughter" Maggie, passed away.

Please forgive me....I am devistated.

Tuesday morning, she chewed up some grass in the yard, which all my dogs do when they have a belly ache. They usualy do that, throw up a few times, and get it out of their system. She seemed to be in good spirits, and was still eating and drinking, but continuted to throw up from time to time. Then, last night, she started to get much much worse. We decided we were going to take her to the vet this morning. (though, we're used to them thowing up from time to time....it happens, and isn't usualy a big deal) I stayed up with her the entire night, talking to her, and using "Reiki", an ancient healing touch, which at least seemed to make her breath easier. About 3:30-4, she seemed to be trying to sleep, and I lay down for a while. Then, at 6 AM, after I'd been asleep for about 45 minutes, she woke me by whining. I got up and went back to her, talking to her, and she let out with a terrible howl that I will probably hear until the day I die. We called the vet, and insisted they come into the office to see her. They took her in about 7:30. Hooked her up to IVs and started trying to flush her system. Two hours later, she went into ceasures and just died. She turned 9 this past May 9th.

I will do my best to keep an eye out here, but please understand if I am not posting as I usualy do.

Thank you for understanding.

Raven Wolf

(Maggie is the Black one. Cody is the brown.)

MaggieandCody.jpg

Maggie.jpg

(since I can't get these 3 photos to change to the correct format...if you wish to see pictures of her, feel free to click on the following links)

https://www.angelfire.com/moon/ravenwolf/MaggiePuppy.JPG

https://www.angelfire.com/moon/ravenwolf/Ma...ith_Frizbee.JPG

https://www.angelfire.com/moon/ravenwolf/Maggie2.JPG

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do not have human "children", I have animals, and this morning, my "daughter" Maggie, passed away.

Tuesday morning, she chewed up some grass in the yard, which all my dogs do when they have a belly ache.  They usualy do that, throw up a few times, and get it out of their system.  She seemed to be in good spirits, and was still eating and drinking, but continuted to throw up from time to time.  Then, last night, she started to get much much worse.  We decided we were going to take her to the vet this morning.  (though, we're used to them thowing up from time to time....it happens, and isn't usualy a big deal)  I stayed up with her the entire night, talking to her, and using "Reiki", an ancient healing touch, which at least seemed to make her breath easier.  About 3:30-4, she seemed to be trying to sleep, and I lay down for a while.  Then, at 6 AM, after I'd been asleep for about 45 minutes, she woke me by whining.  I got up and went back to her, talking to her, and she let out with a terrible howl that I will probably hear until the day  I die.  We called the vet, and insisted they come into the office to see her.  They took her in about 7:30.  Hooked her up to IVs and started trying to flush her system.  Two hours later, she went into ceasures and just died.  She turned 9 this past May 9th.

I will do my best to keep an eye out here, but please understand if I am not posting as I usualy do.

Raven Wolf

(Maggie is the Black one.  Cody is the brown.)

MaggieandCody.jpg

Maggie.jpg

(since I can't get these 3 photos to change to the correct format...if you wish to see pictures of her, feel free to click on the following links)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My dearest RavenWolf...my deepest sympathies to you. I wish we could all be there to give you a big huge loving hug but this will have to do :grouphug::grouphug: . At times like this it is so hard to know what to say, but you can rest assured RavenWolf, that we all love you here and you are most definately in our thoughts....i know that miles seperate us, but if there is anything i can do for you, let me know....

Till the Last Change...Be Done...

The Fourth Horseman... :j_sad:

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him." REV 6:8

fourthhorsemananimatedsigna3rr.gif

Erin, my deepest sympathies to you. I know how it is to lose a very dear pet. Some years back i had to put my Crissy to sleep due to alot of health issues she had. It was the hardest thing to do, i cried so much for weeks until my wife bought another Golden Retriever and named her Casey Marie. I am a true believer that pets can be healers and comforters. I am here for you, Love Joe :grouphug:

They bring such joy with their presence and such sorrow at their passing. I believe that those pets we have a special bond with are waiting to be reunited with us as other loved ones are. I have several waiting already. May you find comfort in the coming weeks. :angel2:

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

Guest blondton13

Sorry to hear about the passing of Maggie. It is obvious she meant a lot to you, and I sympathsize with your loss. I hope you find peace once again soon.

Tonya

My dearest RavenWolf...my deepest sympathies to you. I wish we could all be there to give you a big huge loving hug but this will have to do :grouphug:  :grouphug: . At times like this it is so hard to know what to say, but you can rest assured RavenWolf, that we all love you here and you are most definately in our thoughts....i know that miles seperate us, but if there is anything i can do for you, let me know....

Till the Last Change...Be Done...

The Fourth Horseman... :j_sad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Horseman....Thank you. I can feel your warm hug even now. :grouphug:

Erin, my deepest sympathies to you.  I know how it is to lose a very dear pet.  Some years back i had to put my Crissy to sleep due to alot of health issues she had. It was the hardest thing to do, i cried so much for weeks until my wife bought another Golden Retriever and named her Casey Marie.  I am a true believer that pets can be healers and comforters.  I am here for you, Love Joe :grouphug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Joe... :grouphug: Thank you, my dear. I'm just trying to be there for Cody right now, since he doesn't understand what has happened. It's hard to get him to eat.

I know what you mean about them being healers/comforters. When my friend Laury died 5 years ago, the 2 of them heard me crying from the other side of the house, and crawled all over me trying to comfort me.

They bring such joy with their presence and such sorrow at their passing.  I believe that those pets we have a special bond with are waiting to be reunited with us as other loved ones are.  I have several waiting already. May you find comfort in the coming weeks.  :angel2:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I know what you mean. Since animals have been a part of my life since I was a child, I have a growing crowd waiting for me on the other side.

Thank you for your words. :grouphug:

Sorry to hear about the passing of Maggie. It is obvious she meant a lot to you, and I sympathsize with your loss. I hope you find peace once again soon.

Tonya

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you. Such an outpooring of support is very helpful. This means so much to me. :grouphug:

Erin, this is such a tragic loss. My heart goes out to you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, Libby. Hugs to you as well. :grouphug:

Tuesday morning, she chewed up some grass in the yard, which all my dogs do when they have a belly ache.  They usualy do that, throw up a few times, and get it out of their system.  She seemed to be in good spirits, and was still eating and drinking, but continuted to throw up from time to time.  Then, last night, she started to get much much worse.  We decided we were going to take her to the vet this morning.  (though, we're used to them thowing up from time to time....it happens, and isn't usualy a big deal)  I stayed up with her the entire night, talking to her, and using "Reiki", an ancient healing touch, which at least seemed to make her breath easier.  About 3:30-4, she seemed to be trying to sleep, and I lay down for a while.  Then, at 6 AM, after I'd been asleep for about 45 minutes, she woke me by whining.  I got up and went back to her, talking to her, and she let out with a terrible howl that I will probably hear until the day  I die.  We called the vet, and insisted they come into the office to see her.  They took her in about 7:30.  Hooked her up to IVs and started trying to flush her system.  Two hours later, she went into ceasures and just died.  She turned 9 this past May 9th.

Raven Wolf

(Maggie is the Black one.  Cody is the brown.)

MaggieandCody.jpg

Maggie.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am truly sorry ravenwolf, best wishes to you and your family, been there once myself with a blue healer i had for 14 years, truly devastating, take care, you did good staying with your dog until the last, her last thoughts and memories will be that you stayed by her side until the end. Take care..Gunslinger

"Have I run too far to get home?"

Thank you, Gunslinger. (& I've heard Blue Heler's are wonderful dogs)

Not sure why I'm adding this....guess I just need to say it, and your remark about her knowing I was there with her brought it out.

Though she "died" in the vet's office, I've started to think she may have been gone before then. I had been standing over her for hours, talking to her as she panted harder and harder. She had her head on the floor, and let out with that howl....... I thought she was in pain..... She might have been, but this was also a personal "thing" I had with her, and with Cody. I howl like a wolf, to call my "pack" to me. Well, she howled like that, and everybody came running, including Cody, who had started barking and howling the moment he herd her. She never made another sound. I almost think her soul left her then, and that it took her body a few more hours to catch up.

Thank you again......

• Elders (Moderators)

Raven Wolf, I’m very sorry for your loss. I think I know at least a bit about how you feel, since I can still remember so well how much it hurt when my darling cat got sick and died three years ago. However lame this may sound right now, I can only say that you’ll feel better with time, believe me. :grouphug:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines