Who Else Thinks Lucy Butler Is Hot?

Rate this topic

Guest Bob Bletcher

Lucy or Catherine (Inspired by Fledgling666!)  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...
Guest SouthernCelt

Even more bizarre is my 'usual' lust for raven haired beauties with full lips and the whole sophisticated, 1940's attire goin on but I can honestly she doesn't float my boat.

Maybe I should get myself counselled or just accept that I'm having a bit of a blonde phase at the moment.

If you like the sultry 40s types, you must go absolutely nuts over Lauren Bacall from that era, nothwithstanding her hair color. Remember all you have to do is whistle...and if you don't know how, just put your lips together and blow. The only line that ever outdid that one in that era was "Is that a pistol in your pocket...or are you just glad to see me?"...and I always thought Lauren was a hell of lot better looking than Mae.

If you like the sultry 40s types, you must go absolutely nuts over Lauren Bacall from that era, nothwithstanding her hair color. Remember all you have to do is whistle...and if you don't know how, just put your lips together and blow. The only line that ever outdid that one in that era was "Is that a pistol in your pocket...or are you just glad to see me?"...and I always thought Lauren was a hell of lot better looking than Mae.

You are soooo correct my friend, Bacall was absolutely sublime. Have you seen 'Dark Passage'? Absolutely stunning work of 'noir' and Bacall commands the screen. The particular line you quoted was featured on a Madonna track and is further evidence of how much she is influenced by the eternal screen Goddesses. Mae was cheeky, I admire her guts but I wouldn't class the girl as beautiful, very much a forerunner of the British Barbara Windsor, but I admire her all the same. I have a particular adoration for Harlow and Lake who had that 'look' that was only ever destined to be famous. The very first 'platinum blonde' and the 'peek-a-boo girl', God Bless America for them.

Sadly Britain has never offered much in the way of celluloid beauties, not in that era anyway, maybe Vivien Leigh but even I'm not sure on that score.

Best wishes my friend,

Eth

xin_3110011316161752650018.jpg

Veronica Lake

1.jpg

Jean Harlow

PS I was fascinated to read that the mighty Alan Ladd and Veronica Lake were cast together so frequently as he was so short. Lake was only tiny and one of the few leading ladies that did not make Ladd look like a dwarf. Something I never knew.

• 1 month later...
Guest Zepp88

This thread deserves a bump :rofl:

Chris Carter has a penchant for casting attractive females.

Lucy Butler is indeed hot :D it's the evil that does it.

along with Catherine Black, Dana Scully, and Monica Reyes

1013 chicks rule.

• 1 month later...
Guest naossano
This thread deserves a bump :rofl:

Chris Carter has a penchant for casting attractive females.

Lucy Butler is indeed hot :D it's the evil that does it.

along with Catherine Black, Dana Scully, and Monica Reyes

1013 chicks rule.

Butler is far better than the others ( especially Reyes )

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest Lucy Westenra

Yes, she's good-looking. More importantly, she's (Redmond) a kick ass actress. She totally sold me on Lucy in general and her menacing quality in particular. She also added a quirky "charm" if you will, much as did Juliet Landau as the vampire Drusilla over on "Buffy."