Lost Highway

Guest Frank L.

Guest Frank L.

Has anybody seen Lost Highway by David Lynch? I saw it yesterday. The first hour or so blew me away, but the second half was a disappointment to me.

Anyway, did you know there is an actress named Lucy Butler? She's in Lost Highway.

Has anybody else seen some Lynch films? Which do you think are the best?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen Lost Highway. Yes, the first hour is the best. I think Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive are much better David Lynch films.

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

Guest chrisnu

I've seen it, and I love it. The atmosphere of dread is wonderful, the lighting and sound design fascinating. The different elements don't gel together as well as Mulholland Dr., andI still found it to be very good, but Blue Velvet, Mulholland Dr., and The Straight Story are better films.

Guest Sanitarium

I like that movie a lot. David Lynch might not be the best filmmaker in the world but he's got originality and a style that makes the audience think. That type of director is very rare these days. That's why I love his films. I wish the R1 DVD of Lost Highway would come out. I can't believe that movie still isn't out on DVD. I think there's a German release but that's about it.

Guest Frank L.

I especially love the opening credits. They might be my favorite ever. The road, the headlights and the brilliant music by David Bowie.

There are other DVD releases. I live in Holland and I have the Dutch release, which has widescreen and Dolby 2.0 audio. Too bad there's no 5.1 or DTS mix. I believe there are plans to re-release Lost Highway. I read somewhere the current R1 DVD has 4:3 fullscreen video.

Guest Sanitarium
I especially love the opening credits. They might be my favorite ever. The road, the headlights and the brilliant music by David Bowie.

There are other DVD releases. I live in Holland and I have the Dutch release, which has widescreen and Dolby 2.0 audio. Too bad there's no 5.1 or DTS mix. I believe there are plans to re-release Lost Highway. I read somewhere the current R1 DVD has 4:3 fullscreen video.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that's a Canadian release. Some off the wall company put it out. I have it but the quality is horrible and a movie like that needs to be seen in widescreen so don't even count it as being released. It's hard to watch.

I definitely agree that the open title sequence is awesome.

• Elders (Moderators)

Yes, I've seen Lost Highway, too, and it was odd and confusing, but I liked it.

I also loved Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive and the Elephant Man. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't seen the Straight Story yet, but I'm planning to.

The weirdest Lynch-film I've ever seen was Eraserhead. It's hilarious, in my opinion, which makes me a real weirdo myself, I presume. :wtf: Has anyone else seen it?

love,

dontbesodark

Guest chrisnu

Yes, I've seen Eraserhead, and yes, it's quite a trip, and definitely the strangest output from Lynch. It's a visceral endurance test, for sure!

Don't be ashamed for not seeing The Straight Story! It seems to be an overlooked gem in general.

Guest canadian girl

I love everything David Lynch!!! So yes, I've seen Lost Highway. Robert Blake is truly freaky in this film. He scares me. I agree it's not Lynch's best. For me that is Mulholland Drive..........what an amazing film.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines