What Makes You Happy?

• Elders (Moderators)

After hearing all those horrifying news about the hurricane Katrina and the people suffering, I realized, once again, how lucky I actually am to have this ordinary life of mine. Listed some of the things in my everyday life that make me feel content, even happy.

A cup of coffee, a cigarette and the morning paper.

Listening to Cream’s ”Sunshine of Your Love” in the morning before leaving for work.

Having a job.

The scent of ripe apples.

A cat grooming itself with such dignity.

Hearing my man sing funny tunes with self-made ”lyrics”.

Seeing him in a crowd. His face looks like it’s self-luminous.

Reading a good book on my sofa while it’s pouring rain outside.

Talking to my mother on the phone and hearing her laugh.

And many more..

I’d love to hear about the things that make you happy.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for this.....

Shampooing my hair.

Fresh tea & peanut butter toast.

The smell of the fur of a kitten.

Hearing my sweety singing bad-rip off imitations of songs.

Playing frizbie with my dog.

Sunsets over the water.

And many more to come.....

• Elders (Moderators)
The smell of the fur of a kitten.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know exactly what you mean.. That smell is delightful. If some perfume company could develop a synthetic equivalent, it would become a world success!

love,

dontbesodark

I know exactly what you mean.. That smell is delightful. If some perfume company could develop a synthetic equivalent, it would become a world success!

love,

dontbesodark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree! You know how people all have this need to smell the heads of new babies? Kitten's fur triggers the same reaction. They're simply delightful!

Golden retrievers are absolutely charming - so friendly and beautiful!    :a_plain:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love Golden's, too!

Here's a few more....

The feeling of the air as Fall (autum) begins...

Fresh snow... :snow: (don't see it much here in Georgia, which makes it all the more special)

Traveling cross-country with my fiance...

Singing...

How beautiful all my flowers have been this year, with all this rain, and the sudden rise in the butterfly population!

Watching "The Curse of Frank Black" on Halloween and "Midnight of the Century" on Christmas eve WITH SOMONE for a change!!! :bigsmile:

• Elders (Moderators)
Fresh snow...  :snow:  (don't see it much here in Georgia, which makes it all the more special)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like fresh snow, too. It blankets the sleeping soil so softly and also brings light into the darkest wintertime.. Which is nice, since the days are depressingly short here from November to January. :cry:

I like fresh snow, too. It blankets the sleeping soil so softly and also brings light into the darkest wintertime.. Which is nice, since the days are depressingly short here from November to January.  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohhhhh........ Don't Be Dark! :2handstransp::hands2trans:

Where are you located?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines