More Info On Young Hannibal

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zombieromero

Yeah I heard about this the other day, I just think that given the on screen Hannibal which we have seen portrayed over the years that no one can really do it justice. I may be wrong though, we will see next year.

• 1 month later...
Guest canadian girl

I'd love to see a film about young Hannibal. The stuff we learn in the novel, Hannibal, is fascinating. I want to find out what makes him tick, what drove him to become what he is.

Guest zombieromero

If any of you have read the book "Hannibal" it briefly tells you why he became a cannibal. Its beacuse during World War 2 Hannibal and his sister Mischa are hiding in a hunting lodge or something and a group of Nazis come into the the place in order to regroup and hide out for a while. There is no food and so the nazis resort to cannabilism and choose Hannibal's baby sister as she has more body fat than her brother. Hannibal sees the remains of his sister, teeth, hair, etc.

I haven't read "Hannibal" for a few years now so some of the details might be off but most of it is correct. I'm sure in the new script/book they will elaborate more on this as in "Hannibal" its lasts less than 2 pages.

Guest canadian girl

Yes, that's what happens in the book. But that doesn't necessarily explain why Hannibal became a cannibal. It shows how he was dreadfully traumatized early in life. But other things must happen to him as he grows up that turn him from a seemingly good little boy to a serial killer of unusual ferocity.

Guest zombieromero

Good point, but Hannibal could be so disgusted with society and people in general for what they did to his sister, that he inflicts the same fate upon them.

Good point, but Hannibal could be so disgusted with society and people in general for what they did to his sister, that he inflicts the same fate upon them, cannibalism. Bear in mind that Hannibal is only a young boy when this happens and obviously this had some kind of impression on him.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you suppose Harris did the script himself because he was unhappy with the way the other films were adapted?

I can't believe it! I thought I'd be dead before another book came out!

Can't wait :tasty:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines