Favorite X-files Episodes

Rate this topic

Guest Frank L.

What are your favorite X-Files episodes: Standalone or Mythology?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Frank L.

I'd like to know what are your favorite X-Files episodes. If there ever will be another XF movie, it'll probably be a standalone story.

Maybe it would also be nice if you specified what you like most from the standalone or mythology episodes. For example:

Standalone: ghosts, vampires etc.

Mythology: Samantha, Scully abduction, black oil, Mulder abduction/Doggett etc.

Guest zombieromero

For me the mythology episodes are the best as the complex story arch is one of the things which makes The X-Files stand out.

Its neck and neck at the moment though...

Guest Frank L.

Yes, for me it's also difficult. I love the mythology, and I thought I liked it more than the standalones, but then I thought of all those brilliant episodes, like Squeeze, Paper Hearts, Folie à Deux, Field Trip, Via Negativa, etc, etc, etc...

So I think I just can't choose :n_no:

Well... Most of my favourites tend to be mythology episodes. It's kind of an unfair comparison though, because the standalones ones are the bulk of the show, whereas they clearly put more effort and money into the mythology ones which are the high points of the season (I'm leaving out the first and last season here).

Guest lonegungrrly1121

I'm very torn. Pre- season 8, I'd have to say Mythology, all the way. The cancer-arc was heart breaking and the mythology was just amazing and complex.

POST- season 7, however, I'd have to say stand alone episodes because the Super-soldier myth-arc and the baby MeepMork (william) sucked royally. though the stand alone episodes in the last two seasons were pretty good IMO. Esp. Road Runners, Medusa, Alone, Empedocles, Daemonicus.. etc etc so, seen as I am a huge season 8 fan, I voted for stand alone

Guest Sanitarium

I like the mythology episodes the best because it's an ongoing story. I've watched all the episodes in a row a few times and I'd have to say that it's the best storytelling I've seen in a TV show.

Guest canadian girl

I went with Mythology even though there are some amazing stand alone episodes. I guess I enjoy following a theme or arc throughout a series.

• 2 weeks later...
with a series like X-Files and MM you gotta have mythos but i do enjoy the stand alones alot better like: Home......Tooms.......In the Field Where I Lay..........Three......
Now, i know that there are some of you who can tell me the name of this particular episode...i stumbled upon an x-file episode tonite on f/x...i only got to see the last 15 minutes, but it had Terry O'Quinn in it. Scully was looking for Mulder after some kind of train incident, but out of the fog came O'Quinn, who followed Scully into some kind of quarry. It had something to do with her baby, and i guess there was something in the quarry, because it wound up killing O'Quinn's character...

any takers?

The Fourth Horseman