Favorite X-files Episodes

Rate this topic

Guest Frank L.

What are your favorite X-Files episodes: Standalone or Mythology?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MIB, MIB,MIB...i am shamed, downtrodden and half broken that you would not remember Glenn Morshower as playing Satan in "All Souls"....."Bring her to me Scully" in that dark evil voice, standing in the doorway of the church because he dare not step inside a place of worship....his deepened voice talking to Father Gregory is awesome....he is also the one who drives around with the inverted cross in his car.....yes he also played Richard Gilbert in "The time is Now" and "The Fourth Horseman".....

I mean come on guys, you got it all, angels, devils, eyes burned out, a narrative on the Nephilim...jeeszhh, what more do you want..LOL

4th Horseman..

this also breaks my heart that Bliss doesnt recall X-File epsiodes..........i think its the cheap whiskey and cuban cigars

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
this also breaks my heart that Bliss doesnt recall X-File epsiodes..........i think its the cheap whiskey and cuban cigars

That's what makes it so strange about this episode. There are very few that I don't clearly recall, and for some reason "All Souls" is one of them. Of course, there are probably several more in S8 and S9.

Guest Jim McLean

Personally I found the mythology episodes more interesting, merely because I found them more tense and less predictable. The stand alone tend, by their nature, to be a little more formulaic (hunt for mysterious event, deduce mysterious event, dire danger (normally for Scully when the phone cuts out), resolution with no evidence of the creature. No one believes Mulder, and Scully dismisses what the audience knows is true.

Certainly mythology were equally as non resolved to some extent (you can't out your government), but there was certainly more risk; long running characters were expendable, so you had risk brought to characters you loved rather characters set up to die or motivate the plot for one story.

That said, if I was to think of a particular episode I enjoyed, I would have to say "Triangle" is a particular favourite, as it really falls into neither of these camps. Well directed, fun and runs at a good pace.