Supernatural

Rate this topic

MovieMaker

I dont know if this is a topic yet but i just watched this new show on yahoo tv its pretty good and very x/f millenniumish. Check it out its called supernatural, dont know how long it will be cause it airs on tv the 13, tuesday

https://tv.yahoo.com/

-MM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Moviemaker....it claims that David Nutter is one of the exec producers...he's the one that produced one of my fav MillenniuM episodes, Gehenna...looks like it could be a winner....thanks..

hey i pointed out that David Nutter was involved with this project...........when does it hit the air?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My dear friend, i wasnt trying to steal your thunder...LOL...i watched a bit of the 60 minute episode...some very disturbing parts puncutated by what i thought was dry, mundane exchanges between two brothers...had a fairly predictable ending (you knew what was going to happen when he layed down on the bed)..but overall it gave me a fair helping of the creeps...if Nutter is involved it has to be good, right?

4horseman, i agree to some level it was predictable, however much these days is not, the visual style was really what made me enjoy it as not much on tv days has that "cinematic look", or maybe it was because I had written a very similar tv show pilot 3 years ago called "Timelines" and it was just a familiar treat for me. However I didn't see David Nutter in the credits, I always look out for his name as I like his directing style, however I was kind disappointed with Disturbing Behavior, but that may have just been do to some of the cast mainly the lead male character, I loved William Sadler in it though, I though he did a great job.

Anyway Supernatural reminded me of a more serious version of Freakylinks which i really loved, but it still kept some good comedy in the script, but none the less I mostly enjoyed the filming quality, hopefully its just not contained only in the pilot, as alot of TV shows tend to be. (i could have done with out the X/F joke, I thank thats getting over done after hearing the mulder and scully line in countless movies but none the less it was a nice homage).

Personally i enjoy intricacies of shows like Lost and Prison Break but enjoy more of the supernatural stories and this does seem like it will be a monster of the week type show, much like x/f, with the occasional mythology episode about the father, oh well.

-MM

P.S. It comes out this Tuesday the 13th

P.S. It comes out this Tuesday the 13th -

MovieMaker...dont get me wrong...the visuals were extremely well done..i work graveyard and i am usually not one to let things affect me, but i had a rampant case of the creeps last night at work...in regards to the viewing habits of the general public, it could quite possibly run the same gauntlet as MillenniuM did in reference to the violence which was fairly graphic. Shows like this as you know, usually dont last too long because of the "uneasiness" it causes the viewer...there are also a few new shows debuting soon whose story line also deals with "things that go bump in the night", "invasion" being at the top of the list...

Guest betweenthelines

Hmm, so for those who have seen this show, is it more than just your standard teenage horror fare? David Nutter has turned out some high-quality work on both "The X-Files" and "Millennium" so I hope this is no exception.

Hmm, so for those who have seen this show, is it more than just your standard teenage horror fare? David Nutter has turned out some high-quality work on both "The X-Files" and "Millennium" so I hope this is no exception.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTL - welcome to the board by the way...This is solely my opinion and no one elses...from what i saw, it certainly would qualify for "more than just your standard teenage horror fare"...there were some quirks throughout the show that were mighty impressive (not going to spoil it here, you will have to watch it to see for yourself)..but it goes without saying that anything associated with David Nutter is going to be first rate...

Oh and MovieMaker...i agree completely with the overuse of the "Agent Mulder, Agent Scully" lines...

The Fourth Horseman

Guest Max Fenig

It doesn't look appealing to me, for the same reasons betweenthelines mentions - teenage horror fare. Isn't this on the WB? That channel is completely dead to me.

I plan on watching Invasion, Threshold, and Night Stalker for new shows this season. Invasion and Threshold are going along for the "let's hope it's as good as Lost" ride for me, while Night Stalker I'm genuinely anticipating, yet dreading at the same time. Come on, Spotnitz...

Lost and Arrested Development are my other go-to shows this season.

Guest betweenthelines
This is solely my opinion and no one elses...from what i saw, it certainly would qualify for "more than just your standard teenage horror fare"...there were some quirks throughout the show that were mighty impressive (not going to spoil it here, you will have to watch it to see for yourself)

Thanks. I've heard mixed reactions; either it's really scary or it's really corny. Since Nutter's involved, I'm hoping for the former... or at least something that's entertaining.

And Fenig, I'm also looking forward to the new "Night Stalker", although I've read some less than stellar reactions to that show.