Supernatural

Rate this topic

MovieMaker

Thanks. I've heard mixed reactions; either it's really scary or it's really corny. Since Nutter's involved, I'm hoping for the former... or at least something that's entertaining.

And Fenig, I'm also looking forward to the new "Night Stalker", although I've read some less than stellar reactions to that show.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTL - I guess the bigger question is "did the pilot pique enough of my interest to justify the expense of my time watching episode #2". Again, just my opinion only here, but if i were a fish, i found JUST enough worm left on the hook to take the bait. There is a lot of truth to be had here in this thread. Moviemaker is absolutely correct in that the cinematics were most definately first rate...my problem was that it sputtered thru the middle. 10 minutes of bland mindless banter between brothers puncuated by 5-8 minutes of edge of the seat suspense...perhaps as the season goes along, it will smooth out...it has to, Nutter is involved.

Max Fenig is also correct in that it is WB, known for Buffy, Roswell, etc..not that those programs were that bad, but i think what we are doing here is, because Nutter is involved, trying to compare "Supernatural" with the greatest series EVER produced, MillenniuM, and you can't. Its like comparing apples and oranges. Perhaps, had the program premiered on Fox, the reviews have been any better?

its only an hour of your time. Check it out and see for yourself. It may get better and it may not...and while we are on this subject, whatever happened to Revelations? I thought THAT was being hailed as the next MillenniuM. Or Carnivale?

anybody care to respond?

Till the Last Change...Be Done..

The Fourth Horseman..

Guest betweenthelines
whatever happened to Revelations? I thought THAT was being hailed as the next MillenniuM. Or Carnivale?

"Revelations" was a miniseries--it aired for ten episodes. As for "Carnivale", according to the IMDB it was canceled after its second season.

Guest Max Fenig

Well, Threshold was... poor, to say the very least. I suddenly became interested in serial television again because of Lost, but my hopes have quickly dashed. For the better, perhaps.

Guest betweenthelines

Turns out WB reran the "Supernatural" pilot at 5:00 pm. It didn't have that feature-film look that "The X-Files" and "Millennium" had, but some of the special effects were pretty impressive for a television show. The dialogue needs work (let's stop with the X/F references okay?), but overall I was entertained.