Teotwawki

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest SouthernCelt

If this has been discussed before, sorry to bring it up again.

Does "TEOTWAWKI" mean "the end of the world as we know it"? That's the only meaning I can ascribe to what is obviously an acronym.

If this has been discussed before, sorry to bring it up again.

Does "TEOTWAWKI" mean "the end of the world as we know it"?  That's the only meaning I can ascribe to what is obviously an acronym.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YHTNOTH - you hit the nail on the head....good job my friend.... :clapping:

Guest Max Fenig

The end of the world as we know it. The acronym was popularized, if not outright created, by R.E.M. before they started to suck. Actually one of my all-time favorite bands, but they really went the way of X-Files Season Seven in the 90's.

• 7 months later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
YHTNOTH - you hit the nail on the head....good job my friend.... :clapping:

Oh my Gosh, I just read this thread and am kind of embarrassed that I never picked up on that :embarassed: I thought it was some kind of a Japanese word or something. I always wondered how it was procounced.

• 2 years later...
Guest Black's Babe

Y2K+Columbine=TEOTWAWKI

it was great to see "Pusher" again in the Millenium universe, didn't know that Robert Wisden is Brittish.

nice moment between Frank and Emma(on the phone) at the end.

Why no R.E.M. Chris Carter?

• 3 years later...
Guest I Made This

What did everyone think of this episode? I was a little disappointed considering it was Chris Carter's return to the show. The teaser was electrifying but I was a little taken aback that it went the direction that it did. It has some really good stuff in it and you can never go wrong with Robert Wisden, but I was a little non plussed.

It was one of those episodes for its time period, right before Y2K., and obviously the greed of self-survival over everyone else, including family. What's creepy is with 12/21/12 coming up, with just a few changes, this episode could be aired today and seen as a new one.