Did You Like It?

Rate this topic

Guest A Stranger

Did you Like MLM: Apocaplyse premiere?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The link for ep.11 seems to have disappeared...

Because I saw the 11th which is on my computer and named Da'at. ;)

I saw the last episode.

One more time, good job guys.

It was a real pleasure to see this show, who is better than most of short films I have seen yet.

And I know how difficult it is to produce that kind of thing.

Congrats to the team.

Thanks BuBu I know everyone who worked on the show appreciates your comments, and thanks again for the french subs you made for some of the episodes

-Jason

and thanks again for the french subs you made for some of the episodes

Just about that.

I made subtitles for the first six episodes.

I mailed the team I had a problem with three sentences I didn't understand in Shadows (6.1), but never received any answer.

So if you want me to finish all episodes, contact me. ;)

• 1 year later...

I happened upon 'Millennium Apocalypse' so late in the day that I am sure my comments will fall on stoney ground but in a sincere moment I commend each and every one of you who painted this vision for our dissection. I indulged upon them back to back, one after another, and was simply took by the sheer reverence for Millennium that screamed from every scene.

There are flaws and there must be flaws. In every amateur endeavor the voyeur unreasonably demands the same production values as the womb from which it was born and this is untenable. My greatest irk was the characterization of Jordan which often felt bland and relied too much on 'expressions' when the Jordan we grew with was such an animated and intrigued individual. The supporting cast that enthroned her were far more intriguing giving a richness that outshone her constant stares and looks.

With such a limited time frame it is a miracle that you ever told these stories at all and yet great parts of me ached for something more layered. With such a great mythos to shape, like Plasticine, it is a shame you did not evolve, celebrate and manipulate the future of Millennium but simply played to what it was and what you thought we would want to see. Each Season of Millennium proffered vast changes in direction, colour and mood and 'Millennium Apocalypse' seemed to grasp at the tendrils of what had come before.

On an aesthetic note, Millennium was glorified by its dark tones, sepia lighting and an overall glow that gave it an almost jack-o-lantern effect and Apocalypse often reeks of the grey, bright and bleached and even in its darkest moments it suffers from a bland palette that renders its most poignant moments almost dayglo.

That said this is a truly wonderful piece augmented by a website that is wonderfully rendered. The artwork is a 'gosh' moment and I am in envy. I can only muse at the amount of time, effort and deidication that went into this and trust me it is well appreciated. One of the most polished fan productions I have ever seen.

My profound thanks for a truly enriching expansion to the Millennium Universe and one which will sit on my DVD disc proudly.

Edited by ethsnafu

• 2 months later...

Well said and thought out, thank you so much for your thoughts I am sure everyone that worked on the show would be proud to read this. It does have its many flaws and some purposefully and other not however it is what it is and we are glade you found something to enjoy in the production.

Thank you so much,

Jason Morris

Greetings Moviemaker,

Many thanks for your kind reply. I am honored by your words. 'Apocalypse' is a wonderful body of work and I incredibly fond of all the fan penned contributions to our mythos. It's almost uncanny that you should reply now as Apocalypse has been touched on by those of us who are working on Virtual Season Six and as part of brainstorming I have had the opportunity to watch it all again. If our efforts have an ounce of the competence Apocalypse has I shall consider it a job well done.

Best wishes,

Eth