Did You Like It?

Rate this topic

Guest A Stranger

Did you Like MLM: Apocaplyse premiere?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest neuronphaser

I voted Yes...but with some notes:

The movie went a bit too supernatural in the end, which I think is its biggest flaw. Moreover, some pacing and exposition needed to be changed to really get the impact of the story across.

Overall, there was some really great material there, and the idea of changing the mood slightly to really get across Jordan as the main focus instead of Frank (as the director noted, more of a sense of "curiosity and hope") was well done. It just needed some refinement.

Personally, I think there's still a LOT to explore with Jordan as a main character, and I think it would be a great ending (or new beginning?) to the Millennium storyline if Jordan became Frank's heir to profiling and combating evil, and created a new group dedicated to doing so. One that would have some of the Millennium Group's original good intentions, but perhaps remove some of the mysticism and religion that later took over the Millennium Group. It would be a great storytelling device because then Frank could tell Jordan "You may be founding a group with good intentions, but these things can be perverted by the pursuit of some kind of overall direction or plan. You or your group may want to start controlling people, and that's exactly what the Millennium Group started to do...and that's what tore them apart..."

Back to the point, I think Millennium Apocalypse was a great way to end the Legion storyline of the TV show, if it had been played more towards that end.

WOW, this is my first time hearing about M...Apoc. Am I reading this correct though that there's no Frank Black in them? I will watch them anyway, as soon as I can, just because it's who we are.

Thank you for the info.

Guest neuronphaser
WOW, this is my first time hearing about M...Apoc. Am I reading this correct though that there's no Frank Black in them? I will watch them anyway, as soon as I can, just because it's who we are.

Thank you for the info.

Indeed, you do not definitively see Frank on screen. I believe there was a sequence or two that surely hint at his continued presence though (and the commentary suggested that there was more of this sort of thing, but it was cut).

It was one of my main beefs with it...not that Frank didn't show up, but that the filmmakers didn't make more use of suggesting Frank's presence. I mean, it's pretty obvious a fanfilm is going to target fans, who would want that sort of thing in spades and eat it up. But it just felt like they kind of suggested it once and then avoided it.

But yeah, it's still worth a view if you're fan. Lots of great ideas, and the execution on zero budget is really good.

I managed to see the first 2 episodes and was entertained. Showing Frank's picture was a great idea to help to keep him present. I will continue to watch them as time permits.

I totally agree that even with a zero budget, they did a good job. I also think the woman that plays Jordan looks just like Jordan would at her age. Didn't like the, I think his name is, "Field" character. To me it looked like they created a MLM group character by combining Frank and Peter Watts. I had a hard time accepting him.

This production shows that people can come and go, but the group remains. Not sure if that's a good thing or not though. I guess it depends upon their agenda. Like anything else, it has it good points about it, and it has it's bad, like needing a mabius.

• 1 year later...

Seraphim,

Hang around. I happen to be mailing a copy of the DVD to a forum member today (as a competition prize) and I know Laura, Darlene and Josef have all seen this in recent times and probably weren't around to see it when it was first released online.

It's a superb creation, the likes of which we probably will never see again. Could I ask you which episode(s) you wrote? Feel free to tell us about the experience if you would like. I know I would love to hear about it.

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Im a little confusedunsure.png Millennium Apacolypse is a movie, is it now a series? This may just be a blonde moment. lol :)

Laura :)

Laura, I think you might be having a blonde moment, either that or the "spook" is getting to you. LOL

This was a fan based movie, and considering it's limited budget, they did a good job. Naturally, Frank is missed, but you're somewhat pacified since they refer to him all through it. I am one of the lucky members that won a copy, and it was nice to just sit and watch it on my TV.

Seraphim. I would love to hear more from you about your participation as a writer, and what other directions you all might have gone with the script.