Did You Like It?

Rate this topic

Guest A Stranger

Did you Like MLM: Apocaplyse premiere?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Laura,

Millennium: Apocalypse was originally written as, and released as, a number of episodes around ten minutes in length. Jason stated that it was always his intention to release the project as a film (i.e. the DVD you guys have seen) but it was originally conceived of as an episodic piece. If you scroll up to post #41 you will see Liberty quoting a link and that link should take you to the website where the project still remains in an episodic format.

Does that make sense (do I ever lol)

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Oh ok got it. :) Thanks Eth. :) and thanks Darlene, yeah im a strawberry blonde but i think more blonde is leaking out than red. LOL whistling.gif

Laura :)

Guest Seraphim

Seraphim,

Hang around. I happen to be mailing a copy of the DVD to a forum member today (as a competition prize) and I know Laura, Darlene and Josef have all seen this in recent times and probably weren't around to see it when it was first released online.

It's a superb creation, the likes of which we probably will never see again. Could I ask you which episode(s) you wrote? Feel free to tell us about the experience if you would like. I know I would love to hear about it.

Eth

I am glad that people did indeed like it. I wrote episodes 7-12. The final version was actually very different in some ways from what I wrote. One complaint some people had was that beyond an image of Frank, there wasn't any other overt images or names from the first series (Save Jordan). The reason for this was because it was a fan film and including certain things would potentially result in legal actions. I originally had more in there (Such as Peter Watts in one Jordan's visions) but it did not make it for the reasons indicated. This is one of those areas that, for a writer, is difficult. The fact is that the low budget nature of the project meant that many things had to be changed. Some were done with my input and others were not. The filming was in California and I am outside of Chicago, so I was not able to be on hand to assist with last minute changes. In addition, the crew almost got arrested at one point so had to change some things or risk going to jail. I would be lying if I said such things do not upset me; however, the nature of what Jason had to work with meant I understood and had no hard feelings. There was a character named Christian Fields. He was the Millennium Group member who was Jordan's patron. This character was intended to be around until the last episode, but the actor was such a pain in the ass to work with that that he ended up having to be killed off early. That meant I had to change a lot of what I had written and some of the ideas I was going with. I will actually re-watch the film in the next week and try and dig up my original scripts. I think I may still have everything from before the re-write as well (ie Christian Fields alive through ep 12).

Seraphim. I would love to hear more from you about your participation as a writer, and what other directions you all might have gone with the script.

The project was a lot of fun. I would not mind doing something like it again. Maybe I should try writing something up that Jason could film and bother him until he does. :bigsmile: I would have, ala the original scripts, liked to have had more available actors and access to special effects. While 2000 was the ominous year in the original series, MA was focused upon 2012. This is why you will find overt metaphysical and eschatological elements. That and the fact that Religious Studies is my field. The Millennium Group fell apart from within and there remained forces at work behind the scenes for ill. The villain character Adrian Malak (Whose name came from a Adramelech, a God who was demonized by Judaism and Christianity) was written to act in a way that was reminiscent of the "Legion" influenced characters in Millennium. His actions are performed in a human capacity rather than one that is demonic. Only when he is near his goal does he begin to act in ways beyond what a human is capable. As indicated above, I will revisit the film and my scripts so as to give better information.

Edited by Seraphim

:thumbsup: Superb reading!

Again, I cannot gush enough when it comes to Millennium Apocalypse and how much respect I have for those that contributed to what is a superb body of work. I did interview Jason, Shoni and Jeremiah some moons ago about their experiences of working on the film and it became clear to me the sheer magnitude of what they attempted to achieve as well as the numerous hurdles they faced in doing so.

I know Jason spoke of the problems they had with realising the scripts that were delivered as well as keeping everyone happy whilst having to make necessary compromises and I think everyone should be incredibly proud of the end result despite some of their intentions not making the final version.

Now I have no idea when the Anniversary of writingf/filming/release would be but it might be a nice idea to plan something for that event. Maybe revisit the series and introduce it to newer members as well as (if they were willing) getting together some of the cast and crew to talk more about their experiences of being part of it?

Till then, however, if anyone reading this would like to share more of their thoughts or would like to share the scripts they wrote and present their original vision to the forum that would be superb.

I still assert that MM: Apocalypse was one of those rare conjunctions where people are in the right place at the right time to make magic happen and I do wonder if such a project would ever stand a chance of reaching fruition these days.

Before poor Erin had problems with maintaining a connection to the internet, we had mused about doing a Lara Means fan film and discussions were under way to that end but sadly that was put on hiatus but I feel sure we will revisit it again one day.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us.

Eth

PS I have taken the liberty of remaining the topic so that it is clearer what the content is about in the hope that newer members may be introduced to this fine body of work for the first time.

Guest Seraphim

I will happily contribute more to this thread and will follow up on the promise in my last post. If there is interest in any further interviews on MA, I would gladly offer my time to answer any questions. I am sorry it may be a few days for me to further elaborate on what I posted before, but I am sure everyone understands how busy life can be. I should see if I can get Melissa (Echelon) to pop on and add anything. She did various things on the project. It has been awhile since I last spoke with Erin and find it interesting that there was talk of a Laura Means fan film. I personally would love to write something Millennium related or inspired again and see it brought to life on film so can understand Erin's enthusiasm for such a project.

Edited by Seraphim

Seraphim: This is somewhat unrelated but I shall proceed anyway. Do you have any experience of writing for comics? If so I have a project you might be interested in.

Let me see if I can encourage Melissa to pop back and share with us some of her insights. I really did adore the project and, if I'm honest, I would have much sooner have seen the project released as episodes on one disc. I know Jason always intended the project to be a feature release but it doesn't work well in the format in my truly un-trained opinion. I enjoyed the episodes, each with their own title and episodic artwork: it just felt more like the series it had been spawned from.

I would love something like a little PDF to be put together about the show. Interviews with those involved, the original scripts, the original episode artwork and so on. Maybe it's time I considered something along these lines.

Eth

Guest Seraphim

I have never actually written a comic before; however, I was big into American comic years ago, still read manga (Japanese comics), and have found myself getting back into American comics (Specifically DC). With all that being said, I believe I could write a comic. I suppose I would have to know more about the potential project before I could say for certain, though.

I would be glad to contribute to any MA related plans (Such as a PDF of info) to which I had anything to offer.

When you bring up episodes, I have often wished that MA had been something longer and more drawn out. It would have been fun to make it more in the lines of a series rather than mini-episodes/movie.

Laura,

Millennium: Apocalypse was originally written as, and released as, a number of episodes around ten minutes in length. Jason stated that it was always his intention to release the project as a film (i.e. the DVD you guys have seen) but it was originally conceived of as an episodic piece. If you scroll up to post #41 you will see Liberty quoting a link and that link should take you to the website where the project still remains in an episodic format.

Does that make sense (do I ever lol)

Eth

Thanks Mark for clearing this and me up. I forgot about the fact that it started out as episodes. I never watched them, just the complete DVD.

Spook, my hair bleaches when in the sun, so you're not alone with the "blonde leak." I'm a natural auburn (Red/brown) but gray is trying to take over and I'm not letting it. I'm auburn again as of yesterday. jumping.gif Yee ha.

Hi Seraphim,

The comic-thang I mentioned is an intention myself and Barry Renshaw have shared for some time. We have expressed interest in bringing a series of webisodes (i.e. comic pages) to Millennium fans that will collect in to one story. We dabbled with this idea some time ago but despite Baz being an artist by trade I am no writer and I was firmly convinced that someone else would make a better job of it than me. Since that time my original vision has grown a little loftier and I wanted to make it an 'event' with supplementary material in the form of a making of video, behind the scenes interviews and a a viral marketing campaign. The project would be compiled out of good will and distributed free and gratis but in this abyss of Millennium content I wanted to give fans of the show a little something to get excited about. If you have any thoughts on this or are interested in lending your considerable talent to the project let me know.

On the issue of MM: Apocalypse. I would love the opportunity to hear from other contributors to the project and I know you spoke of Melissa, would you be in a position to contact her and ask if she would be willing to drop in and share her thoughts or would you like me to try?

Warm wishes,

Mark