Did You Like It?

Rate this topic

Guest A Stranger

Did you Like MLM: Apocaplyse premiere?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What a superb recollection Richard and I am sure all those involved in the project will be appreciative of you taking the time to share your thoughts.

I have to say, I remember being incredibly doubtful than Millennium: Apocalypse would even get made. I remember when it was being discussed thinking that it was an enormous task and one with very bold and lofty ideals and to think that the project even got made it all is testament to the energy and commitment of every single person involved in it.

Around that time I was pretty much obsessed with the project. The thought of new Millennium of any kind was the single best gift anyone could give to the fans and I certainly recall the anticipation of the first episode's release and every subsequent episode thereafter. It isn't simply the quality of the episodes that shines through but every aspect of the project from the wallpapers, website, soundtrack and so on. I was incredibly keen to bring the team to BTFB for an interview as I felt there was no better way to demonstrate the passion that people have for Millennium than this project and after having the time to speak to Jason et. al. I was even more amazed at how much blood, sweat and tears went into the final project.

Thank you so much for sharing the script Seraphim it was a very enjoyable read. Now if I recall rightly, one of the major differences between the script and the realised version was in the depiction of the visions. Did Jason lay down any guidelines about what was feasible and what was not with regards to writing Jordan's visions or did he just give you all free reign and salvage what he could from what you had written when it came to shooting?

Eth

Guest Seraphim

When it came to to the vision I had free reign. It was simply a matter of what he could get a hold of. Despite that, you will find differences in some level between what is in the script and what was on film. Some of it was due to worry over a potential lawsuit in regards to images from MillenniuM. The images I chose had meaning that I wonder if anyone picked up on. The most esoteric were a mule and a peacock in visions regarding Malack. The demon (formerly a god) Adramalech would sometimes appear as a mule or as a peacock. The reason for the revised script was due to difficulties with Joe Amos (Christian Fields). Because of this, I had to have Morgan accompany Jordan to Carreau. I believe there is only one major plot difference between the revision script and the actual episode. In the script, Morgan goes with Jordan as he tells her Christian asked him to. In the episode, she asks him to as she says she does not trust Christian. The character of Uzziel was also supposed to be seen briefly by Jordan before entering Carreau and was supposed to be seen outside the restaurant as Jordan drives away. This is also an episode that featured something of a heavy edit in the movie version. Uzziel is not at all present in the movie version.

Hi Seraphim,

I did pick up on the use of the peacock in the vision but I have to confess I reach a completely different, and evidently incorrect, conclusion to why it might be there. I thought of the Yezidi's and their worship of Satan in the form of The Peacock Angel so I guess I was in the right ballpark, wrong source of inspiration.

I wonder, do you think the movie version suffers from the edits, such as the one you mention, or did it make relatively little difference in the scheme of things?

Eth

Guest Seraphim

Honestly? The episodes flow better than the movie does. I felt many of the edits hurt the continuity. While interesting, there was no Yezedic overtones for my part in the project. Everything was Native American, Abrahamic, or Hermetic.

Hi guys,

I agree with the assessment for what it's worth. I thought it was much more satisfying as a series of episodes rather than one long feature. As written as episodes (though Jason did state his intention was to turn into a movie I don't know if this was communicated to the writers) there isn't the flow between the segments that a movie requires.

That said, it is still and incredibly ambitious, and well realised, project and all who took part in it should be rightly proud.

Eth

There's no rush at all Seraphim.

As it happens, I have just started watching this again so that it is fresh and I'll keep notes as I go as to any questions or queries I have. I have to say I am enjoying it immensely at the moment. One of the performances keeps jerking my back reality because it is much weaker than the rest of the cast but for an independent feature some of the performances are surprisingly good. :thumbsup:

Eth

Guest Seraphim

There's no rush at all Seraphim.

As it happens, I have just started watching this again so that it is fresh and I'll keep notes as I go as to any questions or queries I have. I have to say I am enjoying it immensely at the moment. One of the performances keeps jerking my back reality because it is much weaker than the rest of the cast but for an independent feature some of the performances are surprisingly good. :thumbsup:

Eth

My quote above applies to both anything MA related as well as our current project.

Message received and understood my friend and on both counts there is no need to rush into action at all.

To be honest, my revisit of Millennium: Apocalypse was much needed and I am thoroughly enjoying it. A member of this forum very recently won a copy of the DVD as part of our Easter Celebrations so I'm hoping that's one more individual who might drop in and share their view of it.

I just realised that a new review of this project was posted by Michael Den Boer over at 10kbullets.com and I thought it might be interesting to repost it here and see if anyone has any reactions to his thoughts?

Theatrical Release Date: USA, 2006

Director: Jason D. Morris

Writers: Michael B. Martin, Erin McRaven, Jason D. Morris

Cast: Joe Amos, Robert J. Carrera, Glen Caspillo, Shoni Alysse Cook, Jeremia Draper, Gary Lowenthall, William Martin, Erin McRaven, Jason D. Morris, Michael Platt, Jim Rufini

DVD released: 2007

Approximate running time: 92 minutes

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 Letterboxed Widescreen

Rating: NR

Sound: Dolby Digital Stereo English

Subtitles: N/A

DVD Release: Digital Shadow Films

Region Coding: Region 0 NTSC

Retail Price: $9.99

Synopsis: The fate of the world lies in the hands of a young woman. Who’s ‘visions’ hold the key to preventing the Apocalypse. This young woman has been recruited by a government agency that uses her unique abilities to help them solve crimes. Her father who has been missing for twelve years was also linked to the same government agency she now works for. She is teamed up with a man who claims to known the reason behind her visions and the truth behind her fathers’ disappearance. Will she find the answers she seeks or will she be silenced in her quest for the truth.

Millennium Apocalypse was original released on the internet as an episodic web series. According to the commentary included with this DVD release the original web series was more fleshed out than the feature film version included with this DVD release. Outside of an alternate opening, none of the other deleted scene has been included with this DVD release.

The plot for Millennium Apocalypse bears a striking resemblance to the X- Files and Millennium T.V. series which also featured story lines about government conspiracies and end of the world scenarios. While there are many similarities to the two aforementioned series, the T.V. series that this film most resembles is Dark Angel. Even though all the foundation needed to for this story to work has been laid out. The end result is a convoluted story that quickly loses itself it is lofty ambitions. One has to wonder if the missing scenes. That was trimmed from episodic web series to make this a more desirable time length for a feature film. If leaving more or all of them in. Would they give the viewer an easier to digest story.

For a feature film that was original intended as episodic web series and obviously made on a very limited budget. The flaws do overshadow the few positives there are.

The DVD:

Digital Shadow Films presents Millennium Apocalypse in a letterboxed widescreen that preserves the film’s original aspect ratio. This transfer has been flagged for progressive playback. The daytime scenes look the crisper than the darker / nighttime scenes which tend to lack the same clarity. Colors and flesh tones look accurate and edge enhancement while present it is never too excessive.

This release comes with one audio option a Dolby Digital stereo mix in English. The audio is a mixed bag as there are a few scenes where the audio sounds to low and background noise is noticeable. Despites these flaws this is a serviceable enough track.

Extras for this release include a trailer for the film, trailers for other films also released by Digital Shadow Films, a production slide-show with music from the film playing in the background, alternative opening sequence, a brief 3-D effects segment, a preview of the film’s soundtrack and an audio commentary with Jason D. Morris. The audio commentary is an interesting track that primarily focuses on the more technical / making of aspects of the film. Overall Millennium Apocalypse gets a good DVD presentation from Digital Shadow Films that is highlighted by the informative audio commentary with Jason D. Morris.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

"According to the commentary included with this DVD release the original web series was more fleshed out than the feature film version included with this DVD release."

Were the web episodes included in the DVD review copy?