Exegesis

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Has it been discussed here before what the number 512 in Exegesis might ”mean”, if anything? I couldn’t find any previous posts on this particular detail by searching here, so I’ll just post this..

Many of you remember that the elderly woman, who could see into the future, was known by the number 512 in Grillflame. She helped Frank see a fascinating vision near the end of the episode.

Well, being a caveat maniac I looked through some parts of the Bible after watching the episode again a couple of days ago.

Here’ s what I found..

The Book of Daniel, chapter 5, verse 12:

”Forasmuch as an excellent spirit, and knowledge, and understanding, interpreting of dreams, and shewing of hard sentences, and dissolving of doubts, were found in the same Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar: now let Daniel be called, and he will shew the interpretation.”

I find that exciting, since we know that part of the Book of Daniel is about apocalyptic visions and that the word ”exegesis” means an analysis or explanation. Or is this connection a mere coincidence?

Love,

dbsd

This is the source I used for quoting here: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Bible,_Engli...g_James,_Daniel

• 3 years later...

Since Sept. 22, 2005 no one has replied to this and I feel it needs to be brought to everyone's attentioin and out for all us newbies. Awesome research Vi. I love research myself, and sooooooooooo appreciate learning more about the Word of God at every opportunity. Naturally, I love how it's incorporated into the show. Thank you.

Actually I had never seen this post. Thanks for bringing it back to light Earthnut.

I certainly don't think that the 512 reference was a coincidence, the Daniel verse seems to fit correctly. This is one of the things I have always enjoyed about Millennium and The X Files, a certain amount of detail in every episode.

• Elders (Moderators)

Thanks guys. It's odd to see a post that I don't really remember writing. I mean, I know i must have but it seems like it was written by someone else. Funny feeling.

Anyway, I do remember finding the connection, and how stoked I was. I believe this detail has been included with many others into the trivia listing of the mother site, btw. Please take a look if you haven't already, it's amazing.

Complete Trivia Listing

I'm having a good chuckle at the thought of Fox wanting to cast William Hurt as Frank. That makes my day.

The thought of William Hurt playing Frank Black doesn't make me chuckle, it makes me ill. Nobody could do the character justice but Lance, and after all, Frank Black was created just for him, not the other way around.

BRING BACK LANCE HENRIKSEN ! ! !

• 2 years later...

I had just stated in another post how awesome it is after so many years to being made aware of new things in the episodes. Millennium really was and still is one of the best shows ever on TV. And to confirm that, look at this forum, still alive and kicking, and new people joining all the time because they are being introduced to the show. I have a girlfriend and her husband in Arizona who are in season 2 for the first time right now and loving it.

Millennium :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: