Monster

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

Guest betweenthelines

Rewatching "Millennium" on DVD, I noticed that a lot of the guest actors appeared on "The X-Files" at some point in time. I was watching 'Monster' today (great episode BTW) and noticed that there were a lot of people who had roles on "The X-Files":

Lauren Diewold (Danielle) played Emily in the Season 5 two-parter 'Christmas Carol/Emily'.

Chris Owens (Deputy Sherman) played not just Agent Spender, but also the Great Mutato in Season 5's 'Post-Modern Prometheus' and Young Cigarette Man in Season 4's 'Musings of a Cigarette-Smoking Man'.

Kristen Cloke (Lara Means) played Melissa in Season 4's 'The Field Where I Died'.

Robert Wisden (Gordon Roberts) played Robert "Pusher" Modell in Season 3's 'Pusher' and Season 5's 'Kitsunegari'.

Gillian Barber (Mrs. Barbakow) played alien abductee Penny Northerly in Season 4's 'Memento Mori'.

Unless there's another episode with as many X/F alumni in it, 'Monster' seems to have the most in a single episode.

• 4 years later...

Welcome to Vancouver!

Give Andromeda, the Stargates, and even Battleatar Galactica a watch for more actors from our favorite show!!!

You know you're a die-hard fan, when you notice that the hospital in "The Pest House" is the same hospital in "The Farm" from season 2 of Battlestar galactica!

You can also see the mine workings in the X-Files episode "Paper Clip" in the background of "Beware of the Dog" when Frank "The Sheriff" is talking to Michael.

Would I be right in thinking you are from Vancouver? If so, do you happen to know the name and the location of the mine workings you mentioned? I'd love to know where 'Bucksnort' was filmed just so that I can make a spiritual pilgrimage there on day (Bucksnort is my Mecca). :whistling:

I have been trying to elicit more location information from two of the location managers on the show and despite them being very busy folk I am hopeful that they will be able to help us and they have been positive about doing so so far. Might take a while but we will get there.

Eth

Would I be right in thinking you are from Vancouver? If so, do you happen to know the name and the location of the mine workings you mentioned? I'd love to know where 'Bucksnort' was filmed just so that I can make a spiritual pilgrimage there on day (Bucksnort is my Mecca). whistling.gif

I have been trying to elicit more location information from two of the location managers on the show and despite them being very busy folk I am hopeful that they will be able to help us and they have been positive about doing so so far. Might take a while but we will get there.

Eth

Nope! I have never set foot in the Pacific Ocean, nor any municipality on the west coast of North America!. I have only been to Canada once, for about 30 minutes, but that was just to say that I was there, being that I was vacationing in Upstate New York at the time.

Back to your question about your "Mecca."

The mine is at a location called Britannia Beach, some 30 kilometers outside Vancouver. Specifically, the location was The Britannia Museum of Mining. A few years back I got this great book off of ebay called "X Marks the Spot," which lists and discusses all of the locations used in X-Files episodes from seasons 1 through 5 that were shot in the Vancouver area. I love reading about this kind of behind the scenes stuff. I don't know if the other scene locations were filmed there as well, but I would assume so, given budgets and such.

A lot of locations were reused in different 1013 productions (the yellow house is also a house used in "Deep Throat," and the Peacock house in the X Files episode "Home" was also the same house used in the second episode of "Harsh Realm."

I hope this helps you with your Mecca-issue. I like "Beware of the Dog" too for the rustic and rural flavor, among other things.

Hi IHGI,

I'm about 195 miles from there truth be told. I live in a Sheffield, a city once globally renowned for it's steel production but sadly that is no longer the case these days.

I do know that Bucksnort actually exists in Hickman County, Tennessee, United States and its Wikipedia page states that the community is mentioned in the episode "Beware Of The Dog" but we know it's not the same place as the actual location used for the shoot. I have tried a number of times to scour the internet to see if any location information can be gleaned but unfortunately couldn't turn anything up. I hope our conversations with the location managers, when they happen, provide some results.

Eth

• 2 years later...
Guest revelations1_1

So, at the end of Monster, does this mean the little girl went to live in a home where the parents were part of the Millenium Group?

• Elders (Moderators)

Welcome to the board, revelations1-1/Tom.

I think the computer with the Millennium logo on the screen does indicate that Danielle Barbakow was placed with a Millennium family.

But your question has got me wondering. Was that just an ad-hoc placement, maybe as an alternative to the child being taken into social services care, or did the Millennium Group already have a programme in place for such children?