Lost Season 2

wolvesevolve

I was surprised no one had started a new topic for Lost's new season yet! Though I did see Bonnie's post on the summer Lost thread...I'm reposting her comments to start things off here:

Terry O' Quinn continues to dominate this show in MO - He's the force behind much that happens.

A bit of a Millenniumistic plot device on the incredible season premiere.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

!!

Jack investigates the interior of, what-ever-the-hatch-leads to . an alien ship? a geodesic metal structure that could be a submarine or an underground military base - IDK.

Anyway, during the most intense moments of his searching for the lost Locke and Kate - we are hit with a blast of Mama Cass Elliott singing "Make your own kind of music"

Totally incongruous with the surroundings and totally mind blowing. So like our bud's at MM who stop at nothing to give me heart failure!

Bonnie

joys are often the shadows cast by sorrows...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lost's season premiere is one of the best I've seen! The 2 hour season ender was pretty millenniumistic, with impending danger w/ the supposed coming of "the others", the raft folks are hijaked by strangers who kidnap Walt, leaving the rest for dead. And the hatch get blown open by Locke...

To add to bonnie's post...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

The beginning of the episode opens like a Morgan and Wong ep. of Millennium, with a classic Mama Cass Elliot song playing while we watch a some unknown person waking up to a beeping computer and proceeding with a morning routine...without us seeing his face. He also injects himself with a serum...just as there's a big bang.

The guy's in the bunker under the hatch! Some antiquated "periscope" device is used by the stranger to look up at the hatch where we see Locke and Jack looking down. I don't think it's anything like an alien ship or anything. In fact, all things in the bunker seem pretty dated to the 1980's....

And of course we find out later in the episode that Jack had an encounter with this newly introduced character in the 80's....

Fantastic season opener definitely!

Edited by wolvesevolve

BEER---> Hey, the 1st ep of s2 for 'Lost' is going to be on again before the 2nd ep tonite! Yup, it was very good last week, I may just watch it again, before the new one. 'Lost' got 3rd place in the National for TV shows last week: 1.) CSI 2.) Desperate Ho's 3.) You know who. Maybe they will do better this time.

BELCH

Guest SouthernCelt

Second ep was even better than the first. :clapping: Gave us a new question to puzzle over: "Are you him?" (Very Twin Peak-ish -- "the owls are not what they seem.")

BEER---> I don't know if I'd go that far (2 over 1) but it had some terrific moments. Did anybody catch the one, that all the stuff down in the 'bomb shelter' - food stuff- and (yes) the shark in the ocean had the same label on them? You know - like a 'Heinz' label. Check it out. The writers and producers are having fun with us.

BELCH

BEER---> I don't know if I'd go that far (2 over 1) but it had some terrific moments. Did anybody catch the one, that all the stuff down in the 'bomb shelter' - food stuff- and (yes) the shark in the ocean had the same label on them? You know - like a 'Heinz' label. Check it out. The writers and producers are having fun with us.

BELCH

Wolvesevolve...welcome to TIWWA...i have to admit to being a bit slower than most in that:

1. I have never seen an episode of Lost

2. I just bought the first season compilation today...

3. so hopefully, within a week i can be up to speed a bit...i do have one question though about the 4th episode. When Locke confronts whatever it is in the jungle that has been pounding around in the brush, why didn't it kill him? The boar he brings back to the survivors obviously isnt what he saw, so what gives..or is that answered in a later episode...

4th Horseman.

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him." REV 6:8

fourthhorsemananimatedsigna3rr.gif

Second ep was even better than the first. :clapping: Gave us a new question to puzzle over: "Are you him?" (Very Twin Peak-ish -- "the owls are not what they seem.")

There are a few new puzzles...a bit Twin Peakish (1st season dream sequences, visions (like the recennt one of Walt speaking backwards) but I'd say the new season has much more Millenniumistic overtones now!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

We get much more insight as to why Desmond is under the hatch....he believes a virus has killed the rest of the world....while he has some sort of vaccine. Sound familiar? Also, has anyone else noticed the logo on Desmond's jacket, on the food, and on the doors of the bunker? It looks like an I-Ching symbol...an ancient symbol :ouro: ...with a swan in the center with the word "Dharma" in the center. And the computer and countdown timer...that's rather strange. Countdown to what?

The way everything's been presented with Desmond and the underground bunker almost makes me think that the island is like some sort of "Noah's Ark" for the apocalypse...

Wolvesevolve...welcome to TIWWA...i have to admit to being a bit slower than most in that:

1. I have never seen an episode of Lost

2. I just bought the first season compilation today...

3. so hopefully, within a week i can be up to speed a bit...i do have one question though about the 4th episode. When Locke confronts whatever it is in the jungle that has been pounding around in the brush, why didn't it kill him? The boar he brings back to the survivors obviously isnt what he saw, so what gives..or is that answered in a later episode...

4th Horseman.

Thanks for the welcome...I've been here for a little while, but mostly as the occasional lurker.

Hope you get caught up w/ Lost soon...this new season is really shaping up to better than the 1st season.

About Locke not getting killed by the creature....the theme is revisited (though no real answer as to why yet) but let's put it this way: Locke mirror's Peter Watts in some respects, that they both have experiences that draw them into a deeply held faith in something that might betray them. Locke's personal belief's might be what saves him in ep. 4...or maybe it was just a fluke. The 3rd ep. of season 2 looks like it'll get more into the mind of Locke with the realization of what the bunker is all about....and how that ties into the "creature" on the island.

Guest SouthernCelt

BELCH

You're better at catching stuff than I am. I could never see the label clearly enough or with a duration to make out what it says/shows. I had to take the word of the dialog that the sea creature was a shark 'cause all I ever saw was a dorsal fin momentarily. Maybe I should have taped it to enable freeze-framing to check details.?! :wha:

There are a few new puzzles...a bit Twin Peakish (1st season dream sequences, visions (like the recennt one of Walt speaking backwards) but I'd say the new season has much more Millenniumistic overtones now!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

We get much more insight as to why Desmond is under the hatch....he believes a virus has killed the rest of the world....while he has some sort of vaccine. Sound familiar? Also, has anyone else noticed the logo on Desmond's jacket, on the food, and on the doors of the bunker? It looks like an I-Ching symbol...an ancient symbol :ouro: ...with a swan in the center with the word "Dharma" in the center. And the computer and countdown timer...that's rather strange. Countdown to what?

The way everything's been presented with Desmond and the underground bunker almost makes me think that the island is like some sort of "Noah's Ark" for the apocalypse...

Wow. I need to sit closer to the TV! I taped the first show but lent it to a friend.

Any eagle eyes out there spot the Mosaic on the wall when Jack first entered the hatch?

I definitely agree to the apocalyptic overtones.

I had to look up 'Dharma' (no cracks about Greg, pls)

; Sanskrit; Hinduism : an individual's duty fulfilled by observance of custom or law

So Desmond seems aligned with a cult or organization - I hesitate to say millenniumistic because I'm so hopeful for it, but it could be.

Someone's preparing for the end - or a long siege.

And both Sarah and Locke experienced the same sort of miraculous healing.

You guys catch everything! Sheesh!

Bonnie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines