Episode One

Rate this topic

HighPlainsDrifter

Well let me say, it is nice to see a updated version of Night Stalker. Spotnitz really gave it a very modern-slick look for this old revival. The story seemed pretty good also, but i found it a little out of sync a bit. It did remind me of Millenium quite a bit with Kolchak giving us some wisdom and thought. Very dark and disturbing is what my wife said about it. I thank Spotnitz for trying so i give the Pilot a B-. I think the stories will get better as the season goes along, i hope it last against CSI. Lets cross our fingers

Guest Laurent.
I think the stories will get better as the season goes along, i hope it last against CSI. Lets cross our fingers

I read somewhere that they re-shot the final third of the pilot because it wasn't as good as the other episodes. I will keep watching just to see where it goes from there. The pilot wasn't bad (I agree with the B- rating) but it didn't compare to MillenniuM or X-Files... but I have faith that it will only get better from here. Also, I think that the red marks idea could lead to a REALLY twisted and evil mythology. I've got my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Finally, anyone knows which writer or director from 1013 works on this show (besides sackheim, macLaren and spotnitz)? And I thought Mark Snow was in this project but the music obviously wasn't his and it is credited to Michael Wandmacher... Am I the only one who heard Snow was involved?

Well let me say, it is nice to see a updated version of Night Stalker. Spotnitz really gave it a very modern-slick look for this old revival. The story seemed pretty good also, but i found it a little out of sync a bit. It did remind me of Millenium quite a bit with Kolchak giving us some wisdom and thought. Very dark and disturbing is what my wife said about it. I thank Spotnitz for trying so i give the Pilot a B-. I think the stories will get better as the season goes along, i hope it last against CSI. Lets cross our fingers
Joe, i love you like a brother, but i have to say i was NOT impressed AT ALL with the Night Stalker pilot. I found the acting to be shockingly terrible for the most part, and the premise of some kind of pack of dogs making off with pregnant women just didnt make sense...there were no appreciable special effects, nothing. I will watch the 2nd episode, but it needs to be far better than what i saw last night...again, Just my opinion...can we still be friends? :clapping:

The Fourth Horseman

to a point i do agree with ya Horseman, the wild dog premise i was kinda confused about. How was the dog able to open the door by turning a knob? and throw over a bed? I think someone was with those dogs but it wasnt explained. You can tell that alot of it had to be re-shot. It wasnt the best pilot it could of been but i did enjoyed it. I have a feeling its gonna get better

Guest Laurent.
How was the dog able to open the door by turning a knob? and throw over a bed? I think someone was with those dogs but it wasnt explained.

That's exactly what I loved about the pilot... it left a lot of questions unanswered and it could just be the beginning of a huge mythology. In the teaser, you clearly see that a man is with the "animals" and he has the red mark on his wrist. And all the death that Kolchak described to Reed: the woman burning to death, the suicides, etc. They're only link with the pilot is the mark. What is the connection? I think this series has a lot of potential; future episodes just need more than a good story.

I'll just had that the realisation of Dan Sackheim looked like he was going on auto-pilot and the music was... disapointing (maybe that's just because I was hoping for Mark Snow). So I just wish that it will get more "artistic" on those aspects (can't find a better word). But I don't really mind all the sex-appeal that they put in the pilot.. the leads are a bit young but not there's not a big difference with Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny when they started, and Kochak's mustang is pretty cool! hehe!

Edited by Laurent.

I really wanted to like it...but i just didnt. I wanted it to be closer to the orig. and it was far more like X-Files, i just didnt like the lead, Stuart Townsend (I think) not that he was a bad actor i just didnt belive the whole story. And one thing that really bothered me is in the flash back of his wife being killed he had the same car he still drives and its a '06 mustang, how is that possible. For having money and having people from MM working on it it just should have been better.

-MM

I really wanted to like I swear! I wish i had. i am still gonna beyond TV it on my computer to see how it comes out.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Frank L.

I just watched it, and I really liked it. I have to get used to how those new camera's look, it looks a bit amateurish at times to me. On the other hand, in some scary scenes the amateur look really helps in my opinion. The acting wasn't that bad, but could be much better. At first I thought I could never feel close to any of the characters, but that has changed already. I'm really looking forward to the other episodes.