Scariest Millennium Episode

Rate this topic

Guest Frank L.

Scariest MillenniuM episode  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, I couldnt really decide, but I think this episode is scary enough. I cant say specific why. I never thought Mellinnium had actual scary Episodes, but the idea and moral (if you can use that word) behind some of them are a bit freaky and horrific, so I had to go with this one.
What happened to Antipas?...i thought the ending scene between Frank and Lucy in the hospital was particularily chilling..

1. Gehenna

2. Lamentations

3. Antipas

4. Seven and One..

Guest High Executioner
What is the scariest MillenniuM episode?

Personally, I would have to say Lamentation, and the Pilot, Gehenna and Dead Letters

after that.

Seven and one, to me, is one of the scariest episodes. It did something for me that i rarely expierence, it made me think about my worst fears. To imagine that someone can exploit your worst fears is absolutely horrifying, and that silent assassin, just intrigues me to no end. Of ocurse, i'm not saying that the other millennium episodes didnt frighten or intrigue me I loved the Mikado, and the death of Bletcher is certainly something to be explored.

• Elders (Admins)

I considered Antipas myself. Its very Omen-esque and teh scene with the giant snake eating the child was very disturbing, but not as downright scary or spooky as Lamentation. I think Joe missed Antipas so I added to the poll.

Guest Frank L.

I watched Lamentation again tonight, and now I'm convinced that it's the scariest MM episode. Haunting and scary from the first minute.

It also struck me how brilliant the Yellow House idea is. The last scene in the Yellow House is absolutely stunning. You can almost feel Catherine's (and Frank's) desperation.

And ofcourse Lucy Butler. :devil: Sarah-Jane Redmond is fantastic. In some scenes I didn't know whether to smile of joy with her performance or to shudder of fright.

Poor Bletch, may you rest in peace in the MillenniuM-universe. :rip:

I started from the begining last night. Normally Lamentations would be my choice but the Pilot.

Something about finding those young men buried alive with their eyes sewn shut. Have an aversion to anything touching my eyes *shivers*

I started from the begining last night. Normally Lamentations would be my choice but the Pilot.

Something about finding those young men buried alive with their eyes sewn shut. Have an aversion to anything touching my eyes *shivers*

Could not agree MORE.. being buried alive is terrifing enough but to have your eyes and mouth sewed shut and your hands sewn together .. :eyes::eyes:

Scariest Millennium Espisode ever? In my opinion it's "The Fourth Horseman" and "The Time is Now" combined.

I wouldn't classify Lamentation as scary though I would say what happens to Catherine is scary.

The well-worn lock isn't scary to me either, though I will say I hate that episode. There's nothing technically wrong with the episode which is a cause for hating it, but for me it comes down to this... The episode makes me hate being a guy knowing that there are monsters out there like that.

"The Fourth Horseman" and its partner "The Time is Now" I find particularly scary. Scary and relevant and poignant.

It's not that I believe that we're going to see the end of the world as detailed in The Revelation of John, but that we could see something take place that could decimate the world and civilization.

I hadn't read Stephen King's The Stand until after the SARS outbreak and perhaps I'm glad I hadn't. But when SARS was running amok and killing people left, right and centre, I thought... This is it ... and I was scared. I watched the news with growing horror and wa kind of happy that I was in the arctic.

The new blip on the screen is avian flu. Will it become the viral killer that everyone's worried about? Will it suceed in killing of 1.5 billion worldwide? What would be the effects of loosing 1/4 of the world's population?

And the Marburg Variant PhP virus as depicted in those two Millennium episodes is terrifying. Nobody is safe.

And the way it was transmitted? Eggs. Chicken. I tell you I haven't looked at eggs or pieces of chicken the same way since seeing that episode on DVD. How great is the danger? Was the turkey dinner we had for Thanksgiving OK? Will it be OK at Christmas?

What lies ahead?

Maxx

Scariest Millennium Espisode ever? In my opinion it's "The Fourth Horseman" and "The Time is Now" combined.

I wouldn't classify Lamentation as scary though I would say what happens to Catherine is scary.

The well-worn lock isn't scary to me either, though I will say I hate that episode. There's nothing technically wrong with the episode which is a cause for hating it, but for me it comes down to this... The episode makes me hate being a guy knowing that there are monsters out there like that.

"The Fourth Horseman" and its partner "The Time is Now" I find particularly scary. Scary and relevant and poignant.

It's not that I believe that we're going to see the end of the world as detailed in The Revelation of John, but that we could see something take place that could decimate the world and civilization.

I hadn't read Stephen King's The Stand until after the SARS outbreak and perhaps I'm glad I hadn't. But when SARS was running amok and killing people left, right and centre, I thought... This is it ... and I was scared. I watched the news with growing horror and wa kind of happy that I was in the arctic.

The new blip on the screen is avian flu. Will it become the viral killer that everyone's worried about? Will it suceed in killing of 1.5 billion worldwide? What would be the effects of loosing 1/4 of the world's population?

And the Marburg Variant PhP virus as depicted in those two Millennium episodes is terrifying. Nobody is safe.

And the way it was transmitted? Eggs. Chicken. I tell you I haven't looked at eggs or pieces of chicken the same way since seeing that episode on DVD. How great is the danger? Was the turkey dinner we had for Thanksgiving OK? Will it be OK at Christmas?

What lies ahead?

Maxx

Maxx...good points indeed...it was just a few months ago that this was a news item worthy of coverage on page 22 of your local newspaper..progressively it has escalated until it now permeates the front page. What is particularily troublesome is that for the first time the winds of a possible outbreak here in the U.S. have just began to blow. What did Frank say? " A pre-storm, a breeze of an approaching hurricane'? Daily, the news reports brings the most frightening harbingers of things which may become reality very soon. Here is the latest info i found today which most certainly is not comforting at all..

From the Associated Press @ Breitbart.com

"The likelihood of a human flu pandemic is very high, U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Michael Leavitt warned Monday as he sought Southeast Asian cooperation to combat the spread of bird flu.

Leavitt and the director of the World Health Organization are touring Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam to seek their collaboration in preparing for the anticipated public health emergency linked to the H5N1 strain of the disease.

That strain has swept through poultry populations in many parts of Asia since 2003 and jumped to humans, killing 65 people, mostly through direct contact with sick fowl.

While there have been no known cases of person-to-person transmission, World Health Organization officials and other experts have been warning that the virus could mutate into a form that spreads easily among people. In a worst-case scenario, millions could die.

Three influenza pandemics have occurred over the last century and "the likelihood of another is very high, some say even certain," Leavitt said after meeting with Thai health officials to review the their preparations.

"Whether or not H5N1 is the virus that will ultimately trigger such a pandemic is unknown to us," he said at a news conference. "The probability is uncertain. But the warning signs are troubling. Hence we are responding in a robust way."

Leavitt's tour comes after President Bush last month established the "International Partnership on Avian and Pandemic Influenza" to coordinate a global strategy against bird flu and other types of influenza.

Leavitt said "containment" was the first line of defense against the illness, encouraging countries to step up development and production of vaccines and strengthen efforts to detect any cases of human transmission early.

Thai Public Health Minister Suchai Charoenratanakul said Thailand would contribute at least 5 percent of its antiviral drug supplies to a proposed Southeast Asian regional stockpile.

World Heath Organization Director General Dr. Lee Jong-wook said preparation was the key to preventing a flu epidemic such as the one that struck in 1918, killing an estimated 40 million to 50 million people.

"Now we know in advance what is happening and we have to prepare ourselves. That is our duty," he said.

Also Monday, Turkey and Romania slaughtered thousands of birds after both countries said they detected the disease, and the European Union and other countries banned the import of poultry from the two nations. Bird flu has not been confirmed by expert laboratories, however, and it is unknown whether the poultry deaths in either location involve the H5N1 strain.

Nonetheless, some 40,000 birds in eastern Romania were to be slaughtered in coming days, authorities said. "I think it's better to take these preventive measures now," even without confirmation of H5N1, Romanian Prime Minister Calin Popescu Tariceanu said Sunday.

Here also are a few other headlines culled from the daily news

Brazil declares disaster areas in Amazon

Worst drought it decades drying key rivers

Flooding in eastern states leaves 10 dead

Hundreds evacuate because of heavy rain

"This is the worst damage they've seen from flooding in 25 years in New Hampshire," the governor said Sunday night.

A 7.6-magnitude quake hit South Asia Saturday morning, destroyed towns, roads and power supplies from central Afghanistan to western Bangladesh. The death toll has soared past 30,000 and international organizations say hundreds of thousands of survivors are in need of shelter in the aftermath of the quake.

As for Thanksgiving, anyone hear of a tofu turkey? :jumping::cry::eyes:

P.S. - this just in...its all over the newswires - relax people, all is right with the world again. Brittney Spears just removed her bra from auction on Ebay for the 2nd time!!!!!!

The Fourth Horseman

• Elders (Moderators)

I voted for Lamentation. When I saw it for the first time on tv many years ago, I got paralysed with pure fear. (Of course I had to watch it alone, in the middle of the night.. ) Since that night I've considered it as one of the best episodes of any tv show ever.

IMO, one of the scariest things about it was the fact that you couldn't really figure out who or what Lucy was. I did connect her name to Lucifer, but still wasn't sure. And when she said to Frank: "I'm not the person you think I am", would there have been any reason to believe her, no matter what she said about anything, since they say that the Evil One is the biggest liar of all?