Scariest Millennium Episode

Rate this topic

Guest Frank L.

Scariest MillenniuM episode  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Frank L.
I voted for Lamentation. When I saw it for the first time on tv many years ago, I got paralysed with pure fear. (Of course I had to watch it alone, in the middle of the night.. ) Since that night I've considered it as one of the best episodes of any tv show ever.

IMO, one of the scariest things about it was the fact that you couldn't really figure out who or what Lucy was. I did connect her name to Lucifer, but still wasn't sure. And when she said to Frank: "I'm not the person you think I am", would there have been any reason to believe her, no matter what she said about anything, since they say that the Evil One is the biggest liar of all?

Absolutely. And I agree with you completely.

There are a LOT of really scary episodes here! Used to be, I would have said it was a tie between Piolet and Gehenna, or Lamentations. But, maybe because I've now seen them so many times on DVD, the edge is worn off, and so now I've gotta go with The Pest House, which is just a good, old fashoned horror show. Not the most eloquently written one, like the Piolet, but just plain creepy! :devil: :guillotine: :hang:

For me I have to say episodes like The Well Worn Lock and Through A Glass, Darkly had the biggest effect on me recently after just watching through all 3 season again. This is not to say episodes such as the Pilot and Lamentation wern't scary but I think it has something to do with recently becoming a Dad myself and seeing how innocent and vulnerable children are has taken on a completely different meaning now!

:ouro:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest betweenthelines

I voted for 'The Fourth Horseman'. Between Frank's nightmares, the spontaneously bleeding family, and the chaotic ending... well I ended up sleeping with a light on, so what does that tell you? :bigsmile:

Guest Gatekeeper

I found Lamentation very gross and only frightening towards the end.

Saturn Dreaming of Mercury is one episode that was truly creepy. The sight of the eyes, the house explosion and the chameleon-like presence of Lucy Butler/Legion once again made for a chilling episode.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Frank L.

So what's the score now?

1. Lamentation (6)

2. Pilot (4)

3. The Fourth Horseman/Through A Glass, Darkly/Seven And One (2)

4. Gehenna/The Mikado/The Pest House/The Time Is Now (1)

Common, people, vote, vote, vote! There are 1595 registered members and only 20 votes!

• 2 months later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Close call, but I went with Gehenna. That one really had some intense imagry, and the villian on that episode was pretty creepy. Pure evil. As far as scary goes, I also can't think of a worse way to go then to get microwaved to death, and hearing that door close behind you, knowing what is about to happen.

I voted for "Lamentation" although it wasn't an easy choice, as there are so many really frightening episodes!

But this episode leaves me frozen with fear every time I watch it. This long sequence in the yellow house is really frightening, just because this house used to be the safe haven and now is turned into some kind of personal hell by Lucy Butler. And then this episode is also a real shock, as Bletcher is killed unexpectedly. I never forgot "Lamentation" since I first saw it on TV and still it is one of these episode which I watch regularly on DVD!

The very close second is "The Fourth Horseman" / "The Time Is Now" (which works only when watched together). These 90 minutes are some of the creepiest ever seen on TV. It leaves me breathless every time!

On the next ranks I would choose

3. the pilot

4. Antipas

5. Saturn Dreaming Of Mercury

As I said: So many really scary and great episodes to choose from. :clapping:

My vote: "Lamentation". Scared my pants off. When the devil comes down the stairs, yikes. I have stairs just like that in my house and after watching this episode, i have to admit i was a bit scared to go up ;).

But then again, i think there are multiple scary episodes. Like The Mikado for instance. In the end, I think it just comes down to what kind of scary you like or don't like.

Lamentation without a doubt. I remember seeing it years ago and feeling a mixture of terror at the devil on the stairs and shock at poor Bob Bletcher hanging limply in Frank's study. Lamentation also marked a break from MM's presentation of evil with a human face to explore a more supernatural idea. The Time is Now wasn't scary so much as mind-blowing - to think that they would kill off a main character - now that was something I wasn't expecting!