Scariest Millennium Episode

Rate this topic

Guest Frank L.

Scariest MillenniuM episode  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Estrella_16
Kidney's in the fridge won over sewn up eyes and mouths in a close one for me.

I voted for The Beggining and the End. I found strange noone had voted for it earlier! What really scared me was the thought of wht POlaroid Man could do to Catherine, especially after seeing what he (or someone who looked more or less like him LOL) had done to all those pple, in season 1s finale. Not only that, but also Frank's reaction to the feeling of powerlessness (does that word exist...?¿ :helpme: ), it's weird watching him lose control at times, and when he has the talk with Watts about the 3 daughters. And what about PM's quiet voice when speaking to Catherine? He chooses "Cathy" instead of her full name, THAT was really creepy (an outstanding performance I'd say)...but what really freaked me out was the "would you DIE for God....and °especially° the "would you be beheaded...etc" :death: ...Cause he WAS playing with a knife after all! Who knows what he could have done ! And just thinkling about his words, seeing what he meant by the end of the world coming (can't quite remember..) and somehow joining these apparently crazy thoughts with The fourth horseman/The time is now, is just ... :notworthy: Everything takes a new sense then. I still think Catherine's death shouldnt have happened though.

:nahah: Ruined the whole next season, thats what I think.

If the seires had indeed ended there, WOW that would have been a great ending!! According to the series atmoshere...

Guest Bono

"Sacrament" in my opinion. I will never forget the scene where Frank stands below the stairs and stares at the father. At this moment Frank realizes that this man was responsible for the actions of his son.

Edited by Bono

• 1 month later...

I went with Lamentation. I remember my wife gasping when the demon was walking down the stairs toward Bletch. I have yet to buy season 2 & 3, but from what I remember from the original run season 1 had the most frightening episodes. And Bletch being killed was a real shock to us.

• 2 months later...
Guest Benocles

Friends,

As a new member, I'd say "Saturn Dreaming Of Mercury". Why? Not because of the story, which was mediocre, but because of those last few moments with Frank holding Jordan as they watch Lucas in the window, transforming into Lucy Butler. I'm not sure what they did with the camera, but the way she changes is very creepy in my opinion. If I were to choose an episode based off the story, I'm not really sure. Will have to rewatch some possible choices (Pilot, Lamentation, etc)...

Cheers & God Bless

Benjamin

Guest Laurent.
Kidney's in the fridge won over sewn up eyes and mouths in a close one for me.

I think that's one of the best TIWWA quote ever. And it also sums up my opinion about the scariest episode!

I think I should rewatch Saturn Dreaming of Mercury, it's been a long time... thanks for bumping up this thread Benocles!

Guest Laurent.

Yeah I rewatched Saturn instead of studying (thanks Ben! hehe)..

My opinion: pretty creepy, not scary, but veeery creepy! Especially because you don't have any idea what is going on until... well what the hell was going on anyway? I'm not sure we can really know, "we only see what we are meant to" Frank said, or something like this.

It still shows an immense change of motivation in Legion's actions. Instead of trying to recruit Frank to its side, they try to cast him aside so that he won't be there to protect Jordan. They try to separate the Black family, kind of like the Polaroid Man did before.

I wouldn't say it was mediocre, it really fits with the mentality of the end of the series. Where episode are more symbolic (or just meaningful) than story-oriented!

I agree with what everyone has said about "Lamentation". It certainly is one of the most powerful and creepy episodes of the series. (I just watched that one several weeks ago with my family. We watched with the lights off and that upped the creep factor even more.)

I also think "The Pest House" is pretty creepy. ("Sense and antisense", "The Fourth Horseman", and "The time is now" are also on that list but for being more disturbing than scary. They elicit a kind of "Oh my God. What if something like that actually happened?" reaction from me.)