Movie Or Tv Series

Rate this topic

Guest Frank L.

Whatever they'll do, they should at least try to get the same cast and crew together.

It's a good question, which format they should do, TV or movie, because is MM even appropriate for a movie? I do think so, but what should that movie be about? Will it be a serial killer movie, like the pilot, or with something supernatural, like Lamentation or a subject from season 2?

With a movie (I'd like it to be written by Chris Carter himself) they could gain a bigger audience, so that they can start a new series after the movie.

Guest noonien soong
Whatever they'll do, they should at least try to get the same cast and crew together.

It's a good question, which format they should do, TV or movie, because is MM even appropriate for a movie? I do think so, but what should that movie be about? Will it be a serial killer movie, like the pilot, or with something supernatural, like Lamentation or a subject from season 2?

With a movie (I'd like it to be written by Chris Carter himself) they could gain a bigger audience, so that they can start a new series after the movie.

Excactly! I couldnt have said it better myself. :clapping:

Reallistically, MM will never be back in the TV format.

Unless they do a re-imagining in 30 or 40 years... ;)

ZeusFaber..i agree completely. But, we need to stop and look at the facts. I have posted several times the inherent problems that will be faced in any remake of MillenniuM. First and foremost are the sheer number of characters who have either been killed off or left, example...

DEAD

1. Catherine
  2. Bletch
  3. Atkins
  4. Baldwin
  5. Andrews
  6. Peter?
  7. Laura?
ALIVE
  1. Frank
  2. Jordan
  3. Lucy
  4. Hollis - borderline due to her betrayal of Frank in S3
  5. Giebelhouse - never seen after "The Sound of Snow"
  6. Ardis and Murphy - only appeared in one episode respectively
The key to this whole thing to me is did they kill off Watts at the end of S3. If so, then there isnt much to work with. Sure there will always be Frank and Jordan, and one of the biggest interests we have here at TIWWA is just how would the Frank/Lucy enigma be finally resolved, however the introduction of brand new characters into a show where we have grown comfortable with the names above wont work for a motion picture. People often need time to adjust to new characters, ala Hollis, and this would lend itself to a sense of confusion if all bundled up and presented to us in cinema format. This avenue would only work if the series were to be revived and slotted every week in a progressive fashion. Perhaps this is EXACTLY why, in Goodbye to All That, you purposely do not see the entire body lying in the pool of blood at Peter's house. Perhaps they are/were saving the character for a "rainy day" in the future, should the show somehow be revived.

Again, these are just my opinions, but one character can MAKE or break a show, and i just dont think the continuing Father/Daughter relationship is strong enough to carry an entire 2 hour show. Besides, by now Jordan would be nearly 18-19 years old, and like most adolescents, would be attempting to establish her independence from Frank. I just dont see how all the loose ends could be neatly tied together in just 2 hours. I certainly dont want to leave the theatre shaking my head, wondering just who all those new characters are, what all the new plot lines were.

Zeus, in my opinion, we (MillenniuM fans) are at a crossroads. There is continued rumor about a movie, but does anybody think its possible to consider, given the above issues?

The Fourth Horseman

Zeus, in my opinion, we (MillenniuM fans) are at a crossroads. There is continued rumor about a movie, but does anybody think its possible to consider, given the above issues?

The Fourth Horseman

Well, even if we, or if EVERYONE, for that matter, thought it was a bad idea, (not saying everybody does...just making a point) when has something had to be a good idea for someone to make it/do it? LOL Unfortunitly, it's all about dollar count. If someone has a thought it might bring in the bucks, they'll go headlong into it. Whether or not it comes out as a quality work remains to be seen. (or not :tongue: )

Hmmm. Well given that I don't have cable we don't watch TV except using tapes or DVDs. For thiss reason my preferred format would be movies. Besides I think if they had a movie budget and proiduction schedule it would make for great "episodes".

While I appreciate what Fourth Horseman's saying about the teeming dead, I don't see a problem. You cauld make a very good episode limited to Frank, Jordan, Peter, and Geibelhouse as primary characters. The villains, victims, and support characters need not be ones we already know and can be played by new talent. The new characters can be intoduced and the further developed in successive movies or in a series if they wanted to go that way.

Again, these are just my opinions, but one character can MAKE or break a show, and i just dont think the continuing Father/Daughter relationship is strong enough to carry an entire 2 hour show. Besides, by now Jordan would be nearly 18-19 years old, and like most adolescents, would be attempting to establish her independence from Frank.

Britany Tiplady was born on January 21, 1991. So she's 14 this year! There's still plenty of time for continuing the father/daughter relationship. And she wouldn't have to be a major player in the episode either. She could have a small part, appearing at the beginning and the end. Frank has to fly somewhere away from home, so Jordan stays with family or friends. She's at that age that sleep-overs are popular.

I just dont see how all the loose ends could be neatly tied together in just 2 hours.

That's the thing. I think perhaps Fourth Horseman you are thinking that we'd only get one kick at the can. I think that perhaps that's a little too limiting. I think a series of movies could work and you don't create the movie as an end-cap but as a means of building the mythology, the legend that is the life of Frank Black. If you create a movie as an end-cap and try to tie off all loose ends you're trying to do too much in 2 hours. Assuming by miracle you could, you would be basically putting a knife in the chest of the series. Why continue with anything more? Everything's done. It's over.

I still maintain that you could have a series of movies with Frank now as a partner in "The Trust" with Peter brought onside and Lara brought back from the Asylum. In this alone there are some great possibilities. Peter needs to rebuild his relationship with Frank to former levels of trust that they has in the first season. Lara may have some issues with Peter after what she went through at the end of season 2 but she wouldn't be as prejudiced against Peter in the manner Frank might be after Season 3. The Millennium Group may be disbanded as Mulder and Scully suggested in Millennium but that doesn't mean that the factions aren't still working in isolation on their own, possibly resurfacing with new faces like the Family after they split from the Group. And imagine. Peter was very loyal to the vision of the Group. If The Trust is investigating The Millennium Group Peter may have ulterior agendas. Ensuring that certain things remain uncovered or doing things behind the scene to bring about certain outcomes. Peter could work to expose some facets of the Group he sees as wrong and work to assist other intiatives he Group is working on that must be successful. Afterall he sees the big picture. The first movie could be in Seattle with the Trust assisting Seattle Police with an investigation out there, so Giebelhouse is our primary contact at the Seattle Police. Maybe the FBI become involved and so Hollis becomes involved. She's notified that Watts and Means are workingwith The Trust and she passes this information on to the Group. etc. I think there's plenty of room to move and plenty of fertile ground (there should be with all the buried bodies in it) to cover.

Cheers,

Maxx

Guest A Stranger

Emma is still alive!

But if they ever did do a MLM movie I think it's obvious it would have little to do with the mythology of the show. Carter has said that looking back, the show should have remained on a stand alone, episode to episode basis and not gone off track with the mythology. If MLM ever came back in a film, I would imagine it not being title "Millennium" but focusing on Frank in some new scenerio with no Peter or MLM Group involvement at all. There is just too much convulated back story the fans can barely make sense of to explain. Carter has already attempted to do that with the X-Files movie. He as stated as well he would like the next X-Files movie to be a good scary stand alone style movie, not part of the mythology. My guess is the same goes for MLM, and that's what I would like to see too.

Hmmm. Well given that I don't have cable we don't watch TV except using tapes or DVDs. For thiss reason my preferred format would be movies. Besides I think if they had a movie budget and proiduction schedule it would make for great "episodes".

While I appreciate what Fourth Horseman's saying about the teeming dead, I don't see a problem. You cauld make a very good episode limited to Frank, Jordan, Peter, and Geibelhouse as primary characters. The villains, victims, and support characters need not be ones we already know and can be played by new talent. The new characters can be intoduced and the further developed in successive movies or in a series if they wanted to go that way.

Britany Tiplady was born on January 21, 1991. So she's 14 this year! There's still plenty of time for continuing the father/daughter relationship. And she wouldn't have to be a major player in the episode either. She could have a small part, appearing at the beginning and the end. Frank has to fly somewhere away from home, so Jordan stays with family or friends. She's at that age that sleep-overs are popular.

That's the thing. I think perhaps Fourth Horseman you are thinking that we'd only get one kick at the can. I think that perhaps that's a little too limiting. I think a series of movies could work and you don't create the movie as an end-cap but as a means of building the mythology, the legend that is the life of Frank Black. If you create a movie as an end-cap and try to tie off all loose ends you're trying to do too much in 2 hours. Assuming by miracle you could, you would be basically putting a knife in the chest of the series. Why continue with anything more? Everything's done. It's over.

I still maintain that you could have a series of movies with Frank now as a partner in "The Trust" with Peter brought onside and Lara brought back from the Asylum. In this alone there are some great possibilities. Peter needs to rebuild his relationship with Frank to former levels of trust that they has in the first season. Lara may have some issues with Peter after what she went through at the end of season 2 but she wouldn't be as prejudiced against Peter in the manner Frank might be after Season 3. The Millennium Group may be disbanded as Mulder and Scully suggested in Millennium but that doesn't mean that the factions aren't still working in isolation on their own, possibly resurfacing with new faces like the Family after they split from the Group. And imagine. Peter was very loyal to the vision of the Group. If The Trust is investigating The Millennium Group Peter may have ulterior agendas. Ensuring that certain things remain uncovered or doing things behind the scene to bring about certain outcomes. Peter could work to expose some facets of the Group he sees as wrong and work to assist other intiatives he Group is working on that must be successful. Afterall he sees the big picture. The first movie could be in Seattle with the Trust assisting Seattle Police with an investigation out there, so Giebelhouse is our primary contact at the Seattle Police. Maybe the FBI become involved and so Hollis becomes involved. She's notified that Watts and Means are workingwith The Trust and she passes this information on to the Group. etc. I think there's plenty of room to move and plenty of fertile ground (there should be with all the buried bodies in it) to cover.

Cheers,

Maxx

Maxx..what i was doing was trying to indicate that a renewal wouldn't be just a "walk in the park" there are some fairly large obstacles to overcome. As for Jordan, i apologize for my miscalculation, however her chronological birthdate doesn't matter, she could be made to age and a conflict between father and daughter might add a little spice to the mix.Nothing like a mix of raging hormones and flashes of the Gehenna Devil to add some spice. A series of movies? You could be right with that assumption, but seeing how long it has taken them to even consider doing ONE, i will be dead before there is any final resolution. Your comment about having the four "essential" characters works well if they want to return. Only Lance and Carter have expressed interest in continuing. I have never read where O'Quinn, Klea Scott or any of the other expressed same interest...yes it would be nice to "gather 'round the bar-b-que for a reunion", but to say that all of the former characters would remain interested is a bit pollyanic...