If Firefly(serenity) Can Do It

I was reading the article in Sci-Fi and then on https://fourthhorseman.com about Lance's push on a movie regrading Frank Black. I keep seeing that things depend on the DVD sales and the fanbase for the possible revival. What is Fireflys fanbase like? how many fans do they have, does our fanbase outnumber theirs?

Some clues i see come from Chris Carters silence, he hasnt said much about a possible MM movie has he?

I believe hearing before that Spotnitz would love to be a part of another MM project. So if Joss Whedon can pull off a Firefly movie, then Chris CArter can do a Frank Black movie. My suggestion is lets all be pro-active and keep this dream alive. Write to FOX, write to Chris Carter......is there a Address for Chris Carter? Lets get on this bus!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ZeusFaber
Some clues i see come from Chris Carters silence, he hasnt said much about a possible MM movie has he?

Maybe it's because every time he does there are those who try to quote him out of context and make him out to be a big bad monster making false promises. I wouldn't blame him for keeping quiet.

CC doesn't need pestering with loads of fan letters demanding a MM movie. He's already interested in doing it. It's 20th Century Fox, and only 20th Century Fox that needs persuading.

CC doesn't need pestering with loads of fan letters demanding a MM movie. He's already interested in doing it. It's 20th Century Fox, and only 20th Century Fox that needs persuading.

so would turning our attention and expressing interest to 20th Century Fox be advised/recommended/not recommended?

i'll admit to be a (forced - friend held me hostage) fan of firefly. but firefly only had what, nine episodes including the pilot, and the original, two-hour, most expensive pilot ever was actually held back and shown last. focus on the nine episodes: that'd be like getting a harsh realm movie (which i would love - a whole different topic there though).

MM had three years to build up (and admittedly loose) a fan base. we're still around what, six years (sigh) later, wasn't firefly on less than two years ago? (granted, the studio could've been wanting to make up some of the money it spent on the series - movie with actors and set more or less in place, not too bad, but still...)

so those are my rambling arguments.

should we express polite and multitudinous interest? i know demanding that 20th C make a MM movie will get nowhere, but it'll probably stay at nowhere if they don't know/realize the size of the interest.

- nothing, admitting she herself doesn't know the size of the interest.

believes...

this is who we are

we can't just sit back and hope for a happy ending

i couldn't swear it wasn't just an incredibly realistic simulation. not just the scenery, my whole life.

Like yourself, Mister Watts, the Millennium Group is not content to sit around, waiting for a happy ending.

— The Old Man to Peter Watts, The Fouth Horseman

I too will admit most heartily to being a Firefly fan! I hadn't heard about the series until my stepson brought his DVD collection for the series home for the summer when he came back from University. My wife, he and I loved it. This summer I introduced him to Millennium Season 1 and 2 and he loved it.

I tend to agree that if Firefly fans can influence the outcome to have the movie Serenity made, then so can we. Have people been reading the pinned thread, "Campaign To Persuade Fox To Make A Millennium Film"?

The last number of messages pertain to exactly this idea of a letter writing campaign. While idea of the online petition is good (there are only more than 1000 signatures however) unless Fox is checking it they'll never know. In my posts recently I suggested a more proactive effort may need to be made. The original message is on page 5, post 75 and reads as follows...

Hey Gang!

I was wondering. We're all signing this petition, but is anybody at Fox reading it? Does anybody know about it? Are they paying attention?

I've actually considered sending a pizza to Christ Carter with an oroborus made of pepperoni and an olive for the eye. And inside the pizza box when you lift the cover would be a message. But I haven't the foggiest on how that could be done.

Maybe an actual letter writing campaign would be worth it. Or a post card campaign.

Or maybe this...

Recreate the Millennium oroborus on a black field and then cut out the inside. Then have your photo taken looking through the hole in the centre. The send the polaroids in to Fox to the attention of Chris Carter and the people that make the decisions.

There would be a hold date so that everything would be mailed on the same date so it either arrived arround an important date, significant to the show - Frank's or Jordan's birthday or a date that something happened - or was postmarked with a significant day of the year - like October 13th = 1013!

It would have to be done in such a manner that it wouldn't be deemed a nuisance, but would also received well.

eh? Eh? EH? Whaddaya think, whaddaya think? :jumping:

OK. So, I got so into this concept I just made a promo piece, although I must admit it has also turned into a movie promo piece at the same time. As I was developing the artwork I suddenly realized that this would be the next logical move for Frank. To join his colleagues at The Trust. The Millennium Group is out for ideological reasons. The FBI is out given Hollis' position in the FBI and her "turning to the dark side". But he's still got his friends at The Trust.

Hope to see some replies!

Maxx

I then went back and reworked the artwork I first developed it to generalize it so it didn't promote my idea of using The Trust. The generalized piece is on page 6, post 77 and is reposted below for ease of viewing.

post-1248-1128256368_thumb.jpg

It was originally developed in Photoshop 7. What I can do is adjust the artwork so my photo is removed with a blank white spot there and my email address removed. People interested in sending their own version could insert a photo of themselves and their own email address using photoshop and then print it off and mail it in.

The ideal date for arrival at Fox would be IMHO October 13th (1013) but a postal mark dated 1013 might be just as fun. I wonder though, would anyone notice this subtlety.

Thanks Frank L and noonien soong for your feedback in the other string. Feedback and comments here also accepted especially alterations to text, etc in order to finalize the artwork. If we want to execute this in time for 10/13 we need to jump on this immediately and as a group.

Visit Maxx's Blog - The New Millennium: The Time is Now - for the newest ideas to come from the mind of Maxx Blackwell.

gallery_1248_65_32681.jpg

"THE ANTICHRIST DOES NOT COME AFTER A THOUSAND YEARS HAVE PASSED. WHEN THE THOUSAND YEARS HAVE PASSED, THE REIGN OF THE JUST BEGINS; THEN COMES THE ANTICHRIST, TO CONFOUND THE JUST, AND THEN COMES THE FINAL BATTLE..."

- Alinardo of Grottaferrata, December 1323 (The Name of the Rose, Umberto Eco)

Guest ZeusFaber
so would turning our attention and expressing interest to 20th Century Fox be advised/recommended/not recommended?

It wouldn't do any harm. Don't expect it to do any good either.

As for the fact that they can make a movie from a much shorter cancelled series (one which I have no interest in myself), remember that in the movie business it dones't all come down to statistics. It seems to me that this Joss Whedon fella has more lovers amongst the beancounters than CC does at present. As in all things, it's not neccessarily what you know, but whom you know.

Guest ZeusFaber
The send the polaroids in to Fox to the attention of Chris Carter ... The ideal date for arrival at Fox would be IMHO October 13th (1013) but a postal mark dated 1013 might be just as fun. I wonder though, would anyone notice this subtlety.

All good ideas -- and very creative -- but again, if you mark it 'FAO Chris Carter' (especially if you send it on 10/13, his birthday) it will go straight to CC (who is not the one who needs convincing) as fan mail and none of the vital 20th Century Fox beancounters will see it.

Any campaigns need to be directed at the movie division of 20th Century Fox.

You are nothing! Nothing lies ahead for you. You lie awake in the middle of the night, or you look around at others, and you feel inside, in your heart, that maybe, no, definitely that you are different? that you are special? that you can make a difference? You are nothing. The sooner you realize that mediocrity is all you are, the sooner your love will be blue.

— Lucy Butler, Room Without A View

If we send it to a bean counter it'll probably go straight to garbage. If it were to go to Chris Carter or someone who represents him, then he can direct it to the appropriate people at Fox, can he not, so they see the support? And I'm sure it would do him good to see the support himself and it may also spur him on and at least make him feel good!

See, here's are real problem. We don't know who we need to get this message to. Is there any way we can contact Chris or Lance or maybe Sarah-Jane Redmond and maybe have them advise us as to whom we do need to contact?

Whatever we do, we must not give in to the Lucy Butler that lies within us and attempts to dissuade us from trying a little harder, reaching a little farther.

Maxx

Visit Maxx's Blog - The New Millennium: The Time is Now - for the newest ideas to come from the mind of Maxx Blackwell.

gallery_1248_65_32681.jpg

"THE ANTICHRIST DOES NOT COME AFTER A THOUSAND YEARS HAVE PASSED. WHEN THE THOUSAND YEARS HAVE PASSED, THE REIGN OF THE JUST BEGINS; THEN COMES THE ANTICHRIST, TO CONFOUND THE JUST, AND THEN COMES THE FINAL BATTLE..."

- Alinardo of Grottaferrata, December 1323 (The Name of the Rose, Umberto Eco)

• Elders (Admins)

You raised a good point about anyone seeing it. Unless the creator sends it to Fox at some point its all worthless. When you consider the trouble and strife that surrounds the X-Files 2 movie (has its time slipped by now for the cinema going public?), the chances for a Millennium moview are less than zero. This is why I think a straight to TV/DVD movie would be best. Not as good as going to the big screen to see Frank and the Group again but much more practicle - but why stop at one? Plenty of TV series have had TV Movies made for them even years later. To answer the question, Serenity/Firefly could do it because it fits a much larger and appreciated genre to attract more film goers, plus Whedon is much more 'popular' and known to the public than Chris Carter sadly enough, through the whole Buffy and Angel thing :angryred: . Carter has much more talent, but he's not the household name Joss is.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.