If Firefly(serenity) Can Do It

Rate this topic

My feeling about a MLM movie, which I think I stated in a perevious discussion, is that it would not involve the previous MLM Group mythology, in fact it's the only way I could see it working. Carter is not Joss Whedon, someone I'm not too familar with but his shows seem much more loyal to a sci-fi fanbase, something Carter is not. The X-Files movie was not made for those who followed the show, it has been made clear that Carter wants to tell stand alone stories that work on their own for the general audience. X-Files movie worked for the fans but more importantly, it worked as a big action-adventure love story for the general viewer. That is why it succeded commerically. MLM, as a movie, needs to find it's way as a stand alone story. The numbers just aren't there to warrent a major motion picture base on a show that was cancelled, it they were, it wouldn't have been cancelled.

I has to work on it's own. It would work as a pychological thriller alone, without any knowledge of the series to even be worth filming in the eyes of Fox. Carter showed little to no interest in Group mythology in series' run, in fact his season three episdoes didn't even mention them or contain Peter, it's unlikley he cares enough to write them into a possible MLM film. Many fans of the series loved what Morgan and Wong brought to the show, the mytholgoy namely. Carter did not. It's not what he was interested in for MLM. It really depend on what you think the title "MLM" represents. It's like how some fans can't understand why Carter would make the X-Files sequel a story without aliens. X-Files is about Mulder and Scully and a certian type of story. Same for MLM. It's about Frank Black and a certian type of story. A MLM film needs to find that story before it can be told. That's why I don't get too exiced about petioning for a movie that we don't eve know has been writtten. Has Carter even started a story? A new vision of MLM? I don't know. If Carter can write a good enough script, he can sell it. It doesn't even have be titled "MLM," in fact it's a little dated, or has lost it's urgency.

Maxx, prior to my acceptance of your apology, perhaps, more importantly you should first mull over the olive branch i am extending to you. I have always believed in "man-ing up", taking responsibility for ones mistakes and not putting the blame on anyone else.

its with this in mind that i extend to you and to those here at TIWWA a sincere and humble apology over what i percieved was a slight against those who felt any expectations should be liberally sprinkled with a sense of reality. Your efforts are to be commended, and to tell you the truth, i have already pasted a big fat ugly picture of my noggin in the oroboros and plan to get it out asap.

To let you know that you arent alone in your efforts, i went around my immediate neighborhood recently, at great risk of being considered a raving lunatic ( i already have been deemed as such by my wife, and i am sure by my fellow TIWWA members here after making an ass out myself within this thread) asking my neighbors whether or not they would be willing to sign a petition to bring the show back. Sounds stupid, doesn't it? So far, by percentages, 73% of those asked remembered the show. Of those, unfortunately, nearly 66% had to be reminded that Lance Henriksen was the main character. Most identified the show's main avenue as that of a "psychic" rather than a "profiler", but the encouraging thing i found was that most were sincere in their pledge to sign a petition. I know that this does not necessarily extrapolate into a huge number of signatures, but i was extremely encouraged by the responses i received...i will continue to knock on doors, as it is...Who Knows...people can pull off miracles when they want to.....

So in closing, again, my apologies to you Maxx, and to the board...am i still allowed to post here?

The Fourth Horseman...

To My Dear Friend Horseman, The Online petition does not have enough signatures in order for FOX to consider anything.........we must go after Chris Carter, we need to write letters to him. WE need to push him, Lance cant do this alone............how many members do we have here? We need to send letters!

To My Dear Friend Horseman, The Online petition does not have enough signatures in order for FOX to consider anything.........we must go after Chris Carter, we need to write letters to him. WE need to push him, Lance cant do this alone............how many members do we have here? We need to send letters! [/quote]Agree with you 100%. I dont know if this will come to anything at all, and some of you will say, "oh yeah, just another friend of a friend story"..BUT, i do have a friend who schedules taping of various shows, Fox included, at Universal. Perhaps she can direct me/us to the appropriate channels by which to submit our requests...maybe even a more direct line to the beancounters than just mailing our requests to Carter..get back to you soon on this..no promises...

The Fourth Horseman...

• Elders (Admins)

Spaming Chris Carter isn't the way to go in my mind! :tongue:

He's as much hoping to do a Millennium movie as Lance Henriksen and Sarah-Jane Redmond so convincing him is not an issue as I see it. The issue is convincing the bean counters at Fox but when you consider how Fox's Peter Straddon had to go out on a limb for us fans and convince the bean counters that Millennium would sell on DVD and deserved a release, persuading them to shell out again is nigh on impossible. This is why Lance Henriksen is hoping the sales of Millennium DVD's will show them our support and as a futher example, look at Brian's Millennial Abyss news page this week.

I'm not suggesting that nobody campaign or sign the petition of course. I don't think I need to convince anyone I support the show and like it!

Fourth Horseman, three cheers for your efforts on your survey, I was amazed to read so many people recall the show. That certainly isn't the case here in the UK sadly enough.

Guest ZeusFaber

This was my original point. Going after CC is not the right thing to do. He doesn't require convincing. He already wants to do it. We already know he is willing.

Unfortanately. it is not solely up to CC to make the decision to go ahead with this. It is 20th Century Fox who need to see how many fans there are.

CC too often gets the blame for there not being a movie, whether that be TXF2 or MM. It's not his fault. Its the people at 20th who need convincing.

GHOST-WRITTEN. AND GHOST-BOUGHT BY SELFOSOPHISTS. ON A REGULAR BASIS, THEY GO INTO STORES AND BUY MULTIPLE COPIES OF GOOPTA'S BOOKS JUST SO THEY LAND ON THE BEST-SELLERS LISTS. IT'S SO BRILLIANT! YOU KNOW, I'VE BEEN THINKING OF CREATING MY OWN ARMY OF SURPLUS BOOK BUYERS."

- JOSE CHUNG, JOSE CHUNG'S DOOMSDAY DEFENCE

Agreed. Chris Carter doesn't need to be spammed and he doesn't need to be badgered, and he doesn't need to be blamed, and he isn't the one who will make the final decision.

Agreed. The person who needs to know how many people out there will support a Millennium movie and that it would be worth it to resurrect Millennium in some form or other is an executive at Fox of whom we have no idea who he is.

But I bet you the person who does is Chris Carter. Given that he and Lance both support the idea - heck they are the ones who brought it up I think - what they need from us is evidence of our support for the idea of making the movie, series, dvd release or whatever and they they'll be able to fill seats, gain viewers, have customers and the like and moreover make a profit.

Probably the best thing we could do is buy Millennium DVD sets of the complete series for everyone we know to increase sales and hopefully create more viewers who would do the same thing which will create the high numbers required to convince someone to greenlight the project. I don't know about you guys (and ladies), but I don't have that kind of disposable income.

As individuals the choice of if and how we'll assist Chris and Lance is up to each and every one of us. We can decide to do something about it and help them out, or we can choose not to and wait for a happy outcome - an outcome that may never happen.

Maxx, prior to my acceptance of your apology, perhaps, more importantly you should first mull over the olive branch i am extending to you. I have always believed in "man-ing up", taking responsibility for ones mistakes and not putting the blame on anyone else.

its with this in mind that i extend to you and to those here at TIWWA a sincere and humble apology over what i percieved was a slight against those who felt any expectations should be liberally sprinkled with a sense of reality. Your efforts are to be commended, and to tell you the truth, i have already pasted a big fat ugly picture of my noggin in the oroboros and plan to get it out asap.

To let you know that you arent alone in your efforts, i went around my immediate neighborhood recently, at great risk of being considered a raving lunatic ( i already have been deemed as such by my wife, and i am sure by my fellow TIWWA members here after making an ass out myself within this thread) asking my neighbors whether or not they would be willing to sign a petition to bring the show back. Sounds stupid, doesn't it? So far, by percentages, 73% of those asked remembered the show. Of those, unfortunately, nearly 66% had to be reminded that Lance Henriksen was the main character. Most identified the show's main avenue as that of a "psychic" rather than a "profiler", but the encouraging thing i found was that most were sincere in their pledge to sign a petition. I know that this does not necessarily extrapolate into a huge number of signatures, but i was extremely encouraged by the responses i received...i will continue to knock on doors, as it is...Who Knows...people can pull off miracles when they want to.....

So in closing, again, my apologies to you Maxx, and to the board...am i still allowed to post here?

The Fourth Horseman...

"SO THAT'S WHY WE ALL HAVE TO APPRECIATE – REMEMBER THAT WORD? IF WE APPRECIATE EACH OTHER, [WE] TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER WHILE WE'RE ALIVE."

Catherine to Jordan - The Fourth Horseman

Dear Horseman,

This board would not be the same board without you. Yours are among some of the best and most insightful posts to be posted. (Speaking of which, where is eth.snafu? Does anyone know? I feel like Frank seeking after Lara Means!)

You've actually gone door to door in an effort to garner support?! That's incredible. Horseman, I take my hat off to you - you are truly a braver man than I. I don't imagine I could do that myself. (Then again I did start the local star trek group here in town. It eventually dwindled to a group of one, but that's another story. )

Anyhow, more importly I don't want you to feel bad or reprimanded in this matter. That's not what this is about. So you jumped to a conclusion based on misinterpretation; we all do it.

Pick yourself up off the ground, brush off your pants and come play with us. You can even have first dibs on what section of the sandbox you want to play in next!

I'm just happy you're here with us!

Maxx

"SO THAT'S WHY WE ALL HAVE TO APPRECIATE – REMEMBER THAT WORD? IF WE APPRECIATE EACH OTHER, [WE] TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER WHILE WE'RE ALIVE."

Catherine to Jordan - The Fourth Horseman

Dear Horseman,

This board would not be the same board without you. Yours are among some of the best and most insightful posts to be posted. (Speaking of which, where is eth.snafu? Does anyone know? I feel like Frank seeking after Lara Means!)

You've actually gone door to door in an effort to garner support?! That's incredible. Horseman, I take my hat off to you - you are truly a braver man than I. I don't imagine I could do that myself. (Then again I did start the local star trek group here in town. It eventually dwindled to a group of one, but that's another story. )

Anyhow, more importly I don't want you to feel bad or reprimanded in this matter. That's not what this is about. So you jumped to a conclusion based on misinterpretation; we all do it.

Pick yourself up off the ground, brush off your pants and come play with us. You can even have first dibs on what section of the sandbox you want to play in next!

I'm just happy you're here with us!

Maxx

Maxx...thanks for your very kind words...they mean a lot to me, and i hope you know i am sincere as well in my apologies and admiration of your work as well.

in regards to ethsnafu; I have been emailing him directly for quite some time, but sadly, as of today, i have still received nary a response. in what could be interpreted as a somewhat positive sign, my emails have not been returned with an invalid address message, which means that his mailing address appears to still remain valid on the mail server

I also have his home address in South Yorkshire, but i will need the Old Man's approval before i actually post the physical address. We seem to have quite a few members from "across the pond" (or "across the ice" in Maxx's case, LOL). I haven't a clue where Yorkshire is or whether or not any of you live in the general area and could possibly maybe make an effort to reach him by phone or by actually visiting his location...

Old Man, please let me know what your policy on this would be...asap

The Fourth Horseman....