Millenium comic book

Rate this topic

Guest thebadshepherd

Guest thebadshepherd

Does anyone know what happened to the plans for a comic book based on the series?  I rmember reading about this, but never found out if it was made or not.

Dave

Guest Dixon

If you're referring to the underground Millennium comic book project which I undertook a couple of years ago, no issues of the comic book have been printed or released to the public.  While the project staff was dedicated and productive, and a significant number of materials for the first several issues were completed (including the first issue, which has been compiled in its entirety), the creative process stalled when it came time to head to the press.  Various considerations have kept me from proceeding further.  It's uncertain what might become of the project in the future, or if the fans will ever have access to these stories.

I hope, someday, to be able to put out a collection of sorts compiling these comic book materials that were inspired by Millennium.

Guest Mr. Ected Hostility
Yeah, I remember this thing from a long time ago, sh*t. Why don't you just scan in the comic you did get done and put in your website. It would be interesting to see this since it'll never get printed.

Guest thebadshepherd

Yeah, I'd love to see what you've done with this.  The artwork samples I remember were excellent, and I had a friend (kind of a Lone Gunman-Art Bell-comicbook guru) keeping an eye out for the release, and never heard anymore.

Dave

Guest Dixon

Indeed, the artwork that was being prepared for the series by artists such as Yannick Belzil, Ted Cormey, Adam Glazer, and Jonathan Ian Mathers was remarkable.  They're all extremely talented men and I encourage you to look into their various other endeavors.  Their work on the project was commendable and they are in no way responsible for the current lack of fruition.  I owe them each a debt.

For various reasons, supported by some of the above mentioned artists, I have no intention of releasing any of the material prepared for the underground comic book as an online comic.  You won't be seeing the completed stories at the Abyss anytime soon.  In this case, it's print or nothing.

Sadly, it's all about time, space, and money.

• 2 years later...

Help,

I'm sure I read somewhere there was an intention to release some of the material in the form of a scrapbook or design manual? Can anyone confirm or deny that? I have been a comic book fan for more years than I care to remember *can eth.snafu possibly be a bigger nerd?*, I have drawn the odd fan-thing in the past and would give shiny-presents to anyone who can tell me anything about this project. I have read a post, somewhere, of a member who had preliminary sketches in jpeg format and I have searched the website's of the artists involved but sadly they haven't included any MMComic stuff. It seems an abominable shame that so much work will never see the light of day.

Anyone have a snippet to share? A Page? Maybe even a staple?

Yours in comic-book-uber-geekdom,

ethsnafu

<font color='#000000'>Indeed, the artwork that was being prepared for the series by artists such as Yannick Belzil, Ted Cormey, Adam Glazer, and Jonathan Ian Mathers was remarkable.  They're all extremely talented men and I encourage you to look into their various other endeavors.  Their work on the project was commendable and they are in no way responsible for the current lack of fruition.  I owe them each a debt.

For various reasons, supported by some of the above mentioned artists, I have no intention of releasing any of the material prepared for the underground comic book as an online comic.  You won't be seeing the completed stories at the Abyss anytime soon.  In this case, it's print or nothing.

Sadly, it's all about time, space, and money.</font>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would part of this have to do with not having the rights to publish and potential copyright infringement if you don't buy them?

It also sounds a bit like the cost of publication is too high with the thought of getting your own press etc. being better but not having the funds to do that.

Guest 19:19

I've waited a long time for Brian to put them out. Maybe one day you will and I'm sure everyone hear will buy it.

• 5 months later...

I had something akin to an idea last night whilst browsing through my copy of SFX. There was a fantastically kitsch article about the vintage days of the Sci-Fi Annuals, those hard back compositions that your Grandmother used to buy for you at Christmas - you know the stuff Dr. Who, Space 1999, Blakes Seven etc. (sorry if this is too Brit referenced for overseas viewers) - and I wondered if something akin to this could be produced for Millennium. I used to download, with eagerness, the Millennial Comet Newsletter and loved it and have long lamented the fact that the long rumoured Millennium Comic was never released and have been playing with idea of producing a digital fanzine in PDF format that could be offered on a to-be-arranged basis though I happen to think four times a year to coincide with the four equinoxes would be more than apt.

I know there is a vast plethora of talent around these parts and amongst us are artists, writers, musicians, poets and thinkers who I am sure could cobble together something of interest to keep the Millennium-deprived souls out there happy. I guess it could take whatever form we so choose but I thought a collection of artwork, factual articles, poetry and fan-fiction and as it would be a digital fanzine we could even cobble together sound clips, audio rips and anything else that took our fancy to create a multimedia project inspired by and devoted to Millennium. By having no boundaries there would be limitless scope for our creative outpourings and would be a perfect avenue to explore parodies, alternative universe stories, missing episodes and future episodes as well as allowing those of us so inclined to write something more factual such as articles on the paranormal, character biographies and pieces about anyone or anything connected with our muse. I regularly make digital art pieces that never see the light of day and I am more than willing to have a bash at creating the cover art or any other needed thing. There is even a programme readily available through shareware known as The Windows Image Viewer 'CDisplay' that allows you to view images and pages sequentially rendering a digital magazine as near to a physical one as possible. If anyone has ever wanted to stick their creative teeth into Millennium but has never had the courage to place their work on the forum then this may be fantastic chance for those interested to come together and encourage and inspire each other to unleash a few MM boundaries and get experimental with the subject - Lord knows where we could take Millennium - and that could be half the fun.

Anyone interested?