Big screen movie?

Rate this topic

Guest jasminefire

Guest jasminefire
Does anyone know of the possibility of an MM movie?  Any any event, what are some ideas for a plotline?  We know Frank is presumably on the run with little Jordan, if we can trust the X-Files" coda...

Guest LauraKrycek

I highly doubt that there will ever be the remote possibility of a MM movie, much as I hate to say it.  First of all, with this much time gone since the end of the series, it's kind of getting farther and farther away, especially since it's not gaining any more viewers since it's not on in the US (and it would be made in the US and its main release would be there, so that would be the audience they'd play to).  Second, people are sick of the word millennium.  In the years preceding the year 2000, everything was "millennium" this and "millennium" that.  Now, people are just tired of hearing it and they would say "dude, the millennium's here, get over it".  Thirdly, if we can't get them to even release the episodes on DVD, how are we going to get them to make a big-screen movie?

I'd say the most we have to hope for is that perhaps 1013 will make a new show that maybe lasts long enough for people to realize it's on, and he'll have Frank and Jordan play some part in at least one episode.  I think they need to plant some 1013 writers into the crew for Miracles, and then slowly take over.  Once the writers that are already on there start running out of ideas, of course, because they're doing just fine right now.  But once it starts going downhill, they're going to want to get new writers, and bam!  there's our chance.

But anyway, no, I don't think there'll ever be a movie (unless, of course, we hire the actors or people who look very much like them and make our own -- who's with me?  :p ).  However, that doesn't mean we can't still discuss possible plots for one!

Guest jasminefire
Regarding the first question, you are quite correct on all counts, Laura.  I guess I was hopeful beyond hope, having remembered reading in an "X-Files" magazine  about Carter's hinting at an MM movie just after the broadcast of the MM-X crossover episode.  I too would still be interested in story ideas, however.  I'm a yet-unpublished novelist and aspiring screenwriter, and would appreciate some creative input on a possible project...  :yes:

• 1 month later...

Jasmine,

I, too, have toyed with the idea of becomming a writer.  I'm working on my own MillenniuM story on my web-site...(https://www.angelfire.com/moon/ravenwolf)

I'd love to corrospond with you and share ideas, if you'd like! :) I haven't ever been able to commit to the idea of being a novelist, or writing for tv or movies, or even writing as a carrier...even though people tell me I should.  I'm kinda at a standstill in my life, and would like to help you, since I can't help myself.

What are your ideas?  I'd love to know!

Erin :ouro:

(RavenWolf) :ghostface:

Guest Delbert

In the "TV Zone" interview when SCi-FI UK started showing season 3, Henrickson mentioned that he and Carter would like to revisit the character of Frank Black at some point.  In other words, it is quite possible for there to be a TV appearance, or even a movie made about the character which didn't rely on the Millennium Group or use the word "millennium" in its title.  

What would such a plot involve? Frank and Jordan on the run, or rebuilding their lives, maybe.  I don't see Frank staying out of the business of helping people, and he also has to help Jordan learn how to use and withstand the onslaught of her talent.  If they're on the run, they could easily become mixed up in a crime investigation by being accused of involvement, leading to Frank revealing his background to the investigators (bit of exposition for those with no knowledge of the show!), and he and Jordan becoming involved in solving the crime.  Of course, to have the right feel, it would have to involve notions of good and evil, both human and supernatural, and religious / mythological context.  Possibly there are remnants of the Millennium Group who are determined to bring about some aspect of their expected apocalypse.  Then again, there was the secular part of the Group which didn't believe that the apocalypse was due until 2020-something, or thereabouts, so they would likely still be working to their own agenda, trying to save an uncaring world.

Plenty of stories still out there, even if the resonance of the millennium has faded.

By the way - first post on this board! Hello, all!