Your Favorite Mlm Moment

Rate this topic

Guest A Stranger

Favorite MLM Moment  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And MDM - you are so right about the yellow house scene when Catherine walks right by Frank...that whole scene is very melancholy. I found it strange that as i watched it, I WANTED it to be real...like old times...

I third this moment.

Guest chrisnu
I third this moment.

May I fourth this? I actually found it more emotionally resonant than the scene at the end. Lance and Megan tried their hardest to make that work, but her speech comes across largely as spirited hodgepodge, mainly because of the big mess the Group had turned into.

May I fourth this? I actually found it more emotionally resonant than the scene at the end. Lance and Megan tried their hardest to make that work, but her speech comes across largely as spirited hodgepodge, mainly because of the big mess the Group had turned into.

Exactly.

Sometimes words are not necessary to convey both depth and resonance to relationships. Indeed, kinesthetics, a delayed look, a brief smile of the face, a brief raise of hand....all these component systems can give rise to a much more powerful meaning than can words.

Guest Frank L.
Sometimes words are not necessary to convey both depth and resonance to relationships. Indeed, kinesthetics, a delayed look, a brief smile of the face, a brief raise of hand....all these component systems can give rise to a much powerful meaning than can words.

Beautiful post, vain68. :s_thumbup:

I don't have just one fav moment. There are so many amazing moments in MLM. However, going from the eps mentioned in the poll, I would have to go with The Sound of Snow, for the moment when Frank drives up to the Big Yellow House (now the Big White House) with that amazing song playing, and he has a bio-acoustically induced vision/hallucination of Catherine standing on the porch of the Old Yellow House, then walks down toward and past him. When I see that seen I really get chills and well up with a lump in my throat every time! I mean, I react this way from the moment the song starts until the vision changes back and the new owner comes out of the house. I just sort of feel everything that happened in the series up till that moment - all that Frank and Catherine and Jordan where through, all the experiences that Frank has had, and of course the powerful love that Frank and Catherine shared. I also think that Catherine is looks absolutedly beautiful in that vibrant, yet sad scene. It is really unforgettable.

the scene when Catherine walks right by Frank ... I WANTED it to be real...like old times...

The Fourth Horseman..

Exactly! That was exactly part of what I felt. I wanted soooo bad for them to be able to be together again. I don't normally get so into tv show relationships (except for Mulder/Scully, but that was no where near on a par with the level of intensity of Frank/Catherine). But there is something about the events, situations, mood, atmosphere, mytharcs, and so on of Millennium that makes you just want to root for Frank and Catherine. You just wish things could have been different. But you so how know, that MLM would not be the same if Frank and Catherine hadn't separated, and if Catherine hadn't died.

If you didn't have the powerful love of Frank and Catherine, and the family story-arc with Jordan, and then the separation, and the death, MLM would not have the impact that it has had. There is just something really powerful about the Frank/Catherine/Jordan story-arc. And, because it is so powerful, it leaves you with this longing for them all to be together again. You feel that ache of missing something that is completely ficticious. That is powerful and great drama at it's finest!

Selfo~

I agree that there is something truely special about the relationship between Frank & Catherine & Jordan. I always saw them, and the yellow house, as representative of the dream all of us have. No matter how different we all are, all across the world....there is one thing we all have in common....The need for some kind of a "home"/"family". Even if that family is not the one we are born into, we all long for it, as well as a place to call home. As Frank was our hero....the person we all would like to be....the yellow house and Catherine and Jordan are represantative of the security of family.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Frank L.
I agree that there is something truely special about the relationship between Frank & Catherine & Jordan. I always saw them, and the yellow house, as representative of the dream all of us have. No matter how different we all are, all across the world....there is one thing we all have in common....The need for some kind of a "home"/"family". Even if that family is not the one we are born into, we all long for it, as well as a place to call home. As Frank was our hero....the person we all would like to be....the yellow house and Catherine and Jordan are represantative of the security of family.

Sometimes this works better than words: :s_thumbup:

• 3 years later...

So many great moments listed. I went with Frank and Jordan on the mountian top in Lamentation. Like Fourth Horseman already said Bletch's memory is passed on to a new generation. It was a very special thing for Bletch to bring Frank up there and share something so personal with him.I know from personal experience it's a true friend you take to a place like that. I have had a few spots along the river I used to fish that I wouldn't take just anyone,you take someone you know will really appreciate it.

• 2 years later...
Guest notbadforahuman

I have to admit that the scene in The Sound of Snow makes me cry every time. Although I hate crying hahah I really think that that is one of my favorite episodes. The scene on the mountaintop in Lamentation comes in at a close second for me :)