Introduction

Rate this topic

My fellow Millenniumers...need your opinion. Which episode do you think would be the perfect one to introduce MillenniuM to someone who has never seen the show before. Interesting to see what people think...

The Fourth Horseman

Guest Sanitarium

I'd say Pilot as well. It sets the tone for the rest of the show. Of course season 2 strays way off the course set by season 1, but at least in the pilot the viewer would get a good idea of what Frank does and what the show's about.

Guest Frank L.

I also think the Pilot. It grabs you immediatly and stays with you for a long time. I can't think of one flaw in it.

You could also try a stand-alone episode like "The Thin White Line". My father also loved it, and he didn't know MM.

• Elders (Admins)

Good topic becasue I thought about this only a few days ago. The pilot is great and sets the scene correctly but has so many really nasty moments! There again so does Gehenna! I wanted a work colleague who is gay to watch it and get into the series but it features a man battling his own homosexuality and killing persons of that ilk! I wasn't sure!

I agree as well on the Pilot as probably the best choice. Of course, it IS a bit too much for a lot of people, and if that's the case, there are one of two choices to make.....

Eiether decide "Hey, if that's too much for you, you don't need to be watching this show anyway....." and just let it go....

OR....

Pick another, more upbeat episode to start with...."Luminary" or "Jose Chung" perhaps. Or...maybe "Beware of the Dog". Only really violent part is at the beginning.

Guest SouthernCelt

For showing what Frank was all about, the pilot is definitely the way to go. Gives the "I see what the killer sees," explanation. Without that knowledge, a new watcher might be mystified by goings-on in other episodes.

Just my thoughts....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ZeusFaber

I'd have to say that it depends on the audience you are trying to win over.

For most folks, intelligent lovers of great scripted drama, I'd say stick with the pilot.

For sweet-natured lovers of feel-good fantasy, I'd go with "Omerta".

For frat-boys who just want schlock and gore, slap on "The Pest House".

the 2 part end of season two, the time is now. Threat of a nationwide virus, lots of dialogue between the main characters, the ethos of the whole show in my opinion comes to light in these 2 very riveting episodes, i remember being on the edge of my seat the entire time both were on. i think for someone who doesnt know the history behind the show, it would still be a very exciting 2 part episode to watch just for pure drama and if you are a "conspiracy theorist"....hmmmm it doesnt get any better than that, great thread 4th, as usual, always intrigued to see an new post by you amigo...Gunslinger