And what of 1013?

Rate this topic

Guest fisbin

Guest fisbin

Fellow 1013 enthisiasts:

Arguably one of the finest television production companies to ever grace the airwaves, where are Chris Carter & Co and more importantly WHAT are they doing?

That's alot of talent to be dormant for this long. While it is supposed that somehwere in a very dark smoke filled room the embryonic phases of the 2nd X-Files feature film is being born, the fact is - they have got to be working on something new, or better yet - something old! Has anyone a clue?

They have so much to offer quality-starved folks as we view ourselves...I can not take searching for shows that are "like" MM or "similar to" XF much longer...(although Miracles & DeadZone are good)

Is CC not aware of this starving infant he has created with MM, LG, XF & even Harsh Realm?

We must be fed.

Something to enrich us, not dumb us down. Does anybody feel my pain? HELP ME!!!!! (rhetorical of course)

:down:

Guest Sullivan

I know for sure that there is still a 1013 bungalow on the Fox lot. A small structure right now, of course. I think it is Mary Astadourian that is primarily running it on a day to day basis.

As for what Chris Carter is doing, it is unclear for now...

He *is* probably doing *something* since he's been seen on some places working on a computer, and I guess the guy would'nt be working while eating if he could afford not to. ???

I strongly believe the second XF movie is in the work right now, maybe a first draft is even finished.

Maybe he's working on the Ted Serios movie, too, if that particular project is still alive.

There where rumors, a while back, of talk between Carter and Fox for another series. Had that been true or become concrete in any way, we would necessarily have heard by now.

There are other rumors, right now...

It would seem the infamous 5-show contract between he and Fox has a time clause. He may be simply waiting for it to expire to sell a new show somewhere else.

:ouro: I SHARE YOUR PAIN!  Speaking of rumors, "Prufrock" told me that he had heard one about a possible Millennium movie! And that Lance Henrickson had already agreed to do it. If so, the thought of a chance for an X Files movie and a MM movie will make life worth living again!

:alien: I agree, we are starved for quality. 1013 got me spoiled.  Everything else just pales in comparison. Chris Carter raised the bar when it comes to quality in telivison. A man with that much talent can't sit on the sidelines for long. He will be back, and, like a fine wine, he'll get better with age! :smokin:

BLACK WOLF :ghostface:

Yee starved soul...Check out my web-page to pass the time. It pales in comparison to The X Files & Millennium, but it can help pass the time. :cool:

https://www.angelfire.com/moon/ravenwolf

........sad to say but "FUX" would never in a million years ever do a MM "television" movie,let alone a theatrical one! they just completely and utterly do not give a sh*t. and as others here have said the time has loooong passed for anything to happen and not helping matters is that it is not even on the freaking airwaves here in the u.s. now for over a year. it pains me but "THAT SHIP HAS LONG-LONG SINCE SAILED."   :down:          

~se7en :ouro:

Guest Second Coming
I love 1013 stuff but think about it.  X-files canceled(basically), Millennium canceled, Harsh Realm canceled, Lone Gunmen canceled. And only the X-files are in syndication. The Millennium movie never happened, The second X-files movie still hasn't happened and the Ted Sideos movie has been "in the works" forever now. 1013 is looking like a defeated over the hill boxer sitting in a corner nursing his wounds.

Guest LauraKrycek
Well, the XF movie isn't supposed to happen for a couple of years; I think that they said before that the projected date is sometime around 2004.  I hope that they don't release it the same year as the next Indiana Jones movie, because that'd be so like FOX putting shows up against already top-rated shows to ensure its failure.  Jones is supposed to come out in 2004 or 2005; hope they both get their acts together and make everything concrete soon.  Jones is supposed to be in preproduction right now; I hope TXF is doing the same.  As far as the Ted Serios movie goes, I have no idea.  Maybe they're working on that too; that would be wise.  But I haven't heard a single word about it since they put it on the website; as a matter of fact, the blip on the site's all I EVER heard about it.  Irresponsible, that's what it is.  Anyway... I just hope that they aren't lazing around.  They probably have more than enough money for the time being to do that, but I'm hoping to hear soon what they're up to, all holed up in that little studio of theirs.

...they may have all the money but do they all the creativity to put out another show?  i'm of the opinion that 1013 peaked with MM and after that it was slow slide into mediocrity afterwards-(though LG was a lot of fun)... i cannot beleive i'm saying this but it seems to me that when M&W left 1013 that the spark,or the magic,just slowly started fading from 1013.  HR was not my cup of tea and couldn't seem to watch it without nodding off.    

...i still think,unless the XF movie story is a lock,that 1013 should take at least a few years more off,try to recharge the batteries,get the creativity "REALLY" flowing again,and then try and come back with something really mind blowing.  if they still can. i hope they can!

~se7en :ouro:

• 3 weeks later...

This is Raven Wolf :ouro: (formerly "Black Wolf" :ghostface: ).

I know it may sound crazy, but I wish CC would give me a crack at reviving 1013!  I've had ideas brewing for YEARS, which are destined to only see the lite of day by virtue of my web-site https://www.angelfire.com/moon/ravenwolf

Oh, well.  If I can't WRITE for CC & 1013, maybe I should just focus on becomming the NEXT CC! :;):

Stay tunned!  I may be one day comming to a station near you! :rofl:

RavenWolf  :ouro: