Launch Of New Selfosophy Website!

Rate this topic

Its full of upbeat vibes! How about an online shop where you can but Onanograms! I could do with one on how to perform 5 minute forum upgrades without losing any more hair!

Thanks, Gra. And, don't worry, the online store page is already in the works. Plus, I already have plans for a page dedicated solely to the Onan-o-graph explaining its patented technology.

BTW, the latest version and upgrades look and work fantastically! Thank you once again for all your hard work on TIWWA.

Upbeat Regards,

Selfo

This is the best site in the history of the Internet. :fool:

My favorites were Neuro-Positivic Programming® and the Selfimonial of D. Franklin Elderberry. Riotous!

Wow! Now that is a compliment!

Glad you liked the NPP page. Couldn't resist a little parody of that fine creation of pseudo-science, Neuro-Liguistic Programming into the name for Selfosophy's principles of thought-change/emotional repsonse-change through communication.

Very happy you found Mr. Elderberry's bio riotous. I had a blast and a half conceiving of and writing that one.

Selfo

• Elders (Moderators)

Oh boy... you know what, Selfo - I can't stop smiling after visiting the site, so I guess it's really working! :2handstransp::hands2trans:

I simply loved the Selfosophical Axiom, for example. And I can't wait to see the Who's Who of Darkness section!

Lol,

dbsd

• Elders (Admins)

I found the Terms and Conditions funny too, even though that part of the site is supposed to be serious!

The bit where it says you must view the site of your own free will or close the site in your browser part. I can just imagine the Selfosophy Psycho holding a gun to my head and forcing me to read it! Was this intentional? Either way great stuff! :yes: Give us more!

I found the Terms and Conditions funny too, even though that part of the site is supposed to be serious!

The bit where it says you must view the site of your own free will or close the site in your browser part. I can just imagine the Selfosophy Psycho holding a gun to my head and forcing me to read it! Was this intentional? Either way great stuff! :yes: Give us more!

LOL! Yes I was intentional. I was trying to use a terms and conditions style that would sound sort of fanatical about positive things like free speech, and would sound sort of authoritarian. And, at the same time, that could be used as a legitamate disclaimer, terms and conditions, and warning for legal purposes. I wanted it to be kind of scarey, funny, and ironic in keeping with the humourous depiction of fanaticism depicted in the Doomsday Defense ep. In fact, I barrowed some of the wording, attitude, and tone of the "terms and conditions" from the website of an individual who has his own cult-like ideology, and who is a complete worshiper of Charles Manson - who, by the way, practiced and studied Scientology while in prison, years prior to the Manson Murders. So, I thought this would a be a nice subtle tie in. Another thing I was trying to accomplish was the impression of Selfosophy's formidable legal team and legal aggressiveness against it's critics and "enemies." LOL! On the other hand, I also wanted to use wording that could be taken seriously in terms of legal issues with the website - that is, I really wanted to cover my butt. So, that's why I chose the wording I did. LOL!

I have to admit though, I never pictured Roland Smooth with a gun to someone's head forcing them to read the terms and conditions! LOL! Great image! LOL!

And, more you shall have. Have a look at the "Conditions of Contact" for contacting "the website owner" on the Contact page! very similar in tone, similarly barrowed.

Oh boy... you know what, Selfo - I can't stop smiling after visiting the site, so I guess it's really working! :2handstransp::hands2trans:

I simply loved the Selfosophical Axiom, for example. And I can't wait to see the Who's Who of Darkness section!

Lol,

dbsd

LOL! Very good use of Positivics and Selfosophical Gesturing! I guess it must be working! LOL! See, how easily people can be indoctrinated by my apparent humourousness!

:devil:

I am very happy to hear you can't stop smiling after visiting the website! :bigsmile: I really hoped it would give people some laughs.

Ah, yes, the Selfosophical Axiom. That's a great one, isn't it! LOL! And, do you want to know something even funnier? I didn't even have to make that one up! That is a genuine, almost word for word so called "spiritual axiom" of certain self-help circles, self-help gurus and personalities, and 12-Step groups!

• 1 month later...

I have to check it out more. Nice design. You have to write a Selfosophy book (might have to be some type of unooficial guide to) or a parody book/novel written bya Selfosophy member (to go with the tone of the site) and sell it through Cafe Press or Lulu.

Edited by voidprime

I have to check it out more. Nice design. You have to write a Selfosophy book (might have to be some type of unooficial guide to) or a parody book/novel written bya Selfosophy member (to go with the tone of the site) and sell it through Cafe Press or Lulu.

Thanks for the compliments on the design. When you do get time to check it out further, please feel free to post any feedback, comments, etc.

Thanks for the idea about the book. I could have a ball with that. The only problem is time... time... I will have to look into it.

Good to chat with you again, void!

And, Erin, I say "very upbeat idea!"

Regards,

Selfo

Edited by Selfosophist