Midnight Of The Century

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

I’m sure that many of you have noticed this thing before, but I’ll post it here anyway, just in case, since I couldn’t find any previous posts about it..

I watched Midnight of the Century the other day (because I wanted to see the painting 4H asked about in his post somewhere here) and this is what I found. (Couldn’t recognise the painting, though.. sorry..)

Just before Frank gets the postcard with the image of an angel, the alarm clock on the table goes off. The time is then 9:21. I couldn’t resist checking the Bible again and yes, the numbers could refer to the Book of Daniel, chapter 9, verse 21.

”Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.”

(Quote from here: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Bible,_Engli...niel#Chapter_9)

I think this connection could be intentional, because the episode is partly about angels as divine messengers. What do you think?

Guest SouthernCelt
...Just before Frank gets the postcard with the image of an angel, the alarm clock on the table goes off. The time is then 9:21. I couldn't resist checking the Bible again and yes, the numbers could refer to the Book of Daniel, chapter 9, verse 21.

You might be on to something, a lot of of the numerical references in MM had ties to the Bible. Given the storyline of that episode, that might be one possible Biblical reference. Did you by any chance check any of the other prophetic books of the Bible for chapter 9 verse 12 content?

• Elders (Moderators)
You might be on to something, a lot of of the numerical references in MM had ties to the Bible. Given the storyline of that episode, that might be one possible Biblical reference. Did you by any chance check any of the other prophetic books of the Bible for chapter 9 verse 12 content?

Thanks for your reply, SouthernCelt! I checked the Revelations and the Book of Ezekiel for 9:21, too, but didn't find any connection there.

Btw, wasn't it Gabriel who told Mary that she would give birth to Jesus? I was just thinking, since the episode is about Christmas time as well.

Well spotted and researched, dbsd. There are so many clock times in MLM eps (and all 1013 shows for that matter), besides the obvious ones like 10:13 and 11:21. I always wonder if they mean something. Given the content of that biblical reference, and the content of the episode, and habit of 1013 writers making subtle references everywhere, it would be difficult for me to believe this was accidental.

• Elders (Moderators)
Well spotted and researched, dbsd. There are so many clock times in MLM eps (and all 1013 shows for that matter), besides the obvious ones like 10:13 and 11:21. I always wonder if they mean something. Given the content of that biblical reference, and the content of the episode, and habit of 1013 writers making subtle references everywhere, it would be difficult for me to believe this was accidental.

Thank you, Selfo! You're very kind. :thanx: