The Pest House

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

Guest betweenthelines

In the teaser of 'The Pest House', there's soul/R&B music playing while the two teens are making out. I tried looking for the name of this song on The Millennial Abyss but nothing was mentioned. Is this an actual song or another of Mark Snow's creations?

• 1 year later...
  • Elders (Admins)

Wow! This topic is 2 years old and I just found it. Sorry about that!

I'm currently working on a Millennium Music Guide as part of the new website's Episode and Credits Guide so this is of particular interest to me. The Guide already has entries in it that have not been included in previous guides, so identifying this music is of importance to me. I'll dig out my Pest House DVD for a listen, but I checked the transcript and it mentions music is playing but nothing specific. Hopefully from the DVD a few words could be heard that can be Googled to help identify the song and artist.

Meanwhile if anyone can help identify the track, please post back!

Guest Moriarty
Wow! This topic is 2 years old and I just found it. Sorry about that!

I'm currently working on a Millennium Music Guide as part of the new website's Episode and Credits Guide so this is of particular interest to me. The Guide already has entries in it that have not been included in previous guides, so identifying this music is of importance to me. I'll dig out my Pest House DVD for a listen, but I checked the transcript and it mentions music is playing but nothing specific. Hopefully from the DVD a few words could be heard that can be Googled to help identify the song and artist.

Meanwhile if anyone can help identify the track, please post back!

Hi Old Man. Do you know when the new website will be available? Don't want to push you, just asking :yes:

• Elders (Admins)

Well it was going to be by the end of Feb but it just wasn't happening. I've been working on it as much as I can on my days off, before and after work days but there's still a lot of work to do.

I do know for sure though that you won't be disappointed. As well as material which long time fans of the show will be familiar with (some things about the show are the same and won't change), we do have a lot of new content too. The episode guide is huge and its just been made larger by almost 60 new pages in the last 3-4 weeks with the music guide. We're trying to accumulate as much information into it as possible so its readily available and integrated with all of the other relevant pages. For example, you can access related episode articles, episode reviews and music profiles easily with one click after reading about a specific episode. Researching some of the music artists has proved difficult in some cases. I still can't trace for example Glen Jordan who wrote/performed some of the rave and trance tracks.

The killers and victims took a lot of hard work to research for Dontbesodark and lots of time to integrate the data throughout the site. I think I'll have to be hard faced and add other sections such as collectibles (now that Millennium Collections can be considered dead) after the site is launched. We're really trying to push the envelope for Millennium sites in terms of using the latest technical advances in dynamic websites and technologies such as RSS feeds as up to now Millennium sites have remained pretty standard in the format of traditional static pages, always with the same information on them aside from news updates; this was fine for the sites which lasted like the Abyss and MDUK but I think why shouldn't Millennium fans see such technologies used on sites about Millennium that they visit? I also wanted to add tools to make it easy to track down Millennium collectibles on Ebay for example, directly from within the site. Finally once the episode guide is finished though, I need to catch up on converting archived news items into decent XHTML code and finish the downloads section.

Thanks for asking and for your interest, its great to read support because we've been working on this for a long time now! You can see some earlier example pages in my previous Blog posts if you haven't already but to answer your question, I'm not sure at this stage. I think we are looking at maybe 1-2 months work and I'm putting off upgrading the message board here until its ready and I have time to do it properly with a couple of new decent skins. I'm feeling guilty I missed the February deadline with Libby but I know she's a perfectionist like me and would rather release a quality finished site than one only 90% finished!

Regards,

Graham

Guest Moriarty
Well it was going to be by the end of Feb but it just wasn't happening. I've been working on it as much as I can on my days off, before and after work days but there's still a lot of work to do.

I do know for sure though that you won't be disappointed. As well as material which long time fans of the show will be familiar with (some things about the show are the same and won't change), we do have a lot of new content too. The episode guide is huge and its just been made larger by almost 60 new pages in the last 3-4 weeks with the music guide. We're trying to accumulate as much information into it as possible so its readily available and integrated with all of the other relevant pages. For example, you can access related episode articles, episode reviews and music profiles easily with one click after reading about a specific episode. Researching some of the music artists has proved difficult in some cases. I still can't trace for example Glen Jordan who wrote/performed some of the rave and trance tracks.

The killers and victims took a lot of hard work to research for Dontbesodark and lots of time to integrate the data throughout the site. I think I'll have to be hard faced and add other sections such as collectibles (now that Millennium Collections can be considered dead) after the site is launched. We're really trying to push the envelope for Millennium sites in terms of using the latest technical advances in dynamic websites and technologies such as RSS feeds as up to now Millennium sites have remained pretty standard in the format of traditional static pages, always with the same information on them aside from news updates; this was fine for the sites which lasted like the Abyss and MDUK but I think why shouldn't Millennium fans see such technologies used on sites about Millennium that they visit? I also wanted to add tools to make it easy to track down Millennium collectibles on Ebay for example, directly from within the site. Finally once the episode guide is finished though, I need to catch up on converting archived news items into decent XHTML code and finish the downloads section.

Thanks for asking and for your interest, its great to read support because we've been working on this for a long time now! You can see some earlier example pages in my previous Blog posts if you haven't already but to answer your question, I'm not sure at this stage. I think we are looking at maybe 1-2 months work and I'm putting off upgrading the message board here until its ready and I have time to do it properly with a couple of new decent skins. I'm feeling guilty I missed the February deadline with Libby but I know she's a perfectionist like me and would rather release a quality finished site than one only 90% finished!

Regards,

Graham

Thanks for the answer Graham. And I think you should not feel guilty about missing the February deadline. I am quite sure that it will be great once finished. And yes, I have read your blogs and seen the example pages and it just looks great. Take your time to finish it off and if you need some help please do not hesitate. I am sure that other members feel the same way.

This is who we are :Ouroborous_Large:

• Elders (Admins)

I've been listening to this song playing on the car radio at the very beginning of The Pest House.

Its sounds a lot like Michael McDonald's voice and if it is, we're half way there.

I can the words, "Tommorrow isn't guaranteed" (then it sounds like maybe "to anyone"). I think I can the words "one more chance" and "yesterdays are guaranteed" later on as well. Its very difficult becasue the words get muffled behind the voices of the boy and girl in the car. I think its the end of the song that you can hear because it fades out.

Perhaps if a few of us tried we could identify enough words to Google the correct song and artist?

Updated:

Hi all,

You can find the opening scene from Pest House with the R&B song here. Sounds like Michael McDonald to me!

I've also been unable to identify this track from Skull and Bones as mentioned by the topic starter who included some of the audible words. To this end I've uploaded the scene from Skull and Bones and you can find it here. Its quite catchy! There is a separate topic about identifying this track here.

Please note that the files are about 4MB in size, so you may need to wait a bit before they start to load.

Mouse over them for playback controls!

Can any help identify these tracks? If we can isolate more words, we may be able to track them down with Google etc.

Thanks,

Graham.

• Elders (Admins)

I see or rather hear what you mean now, it sounds more like an afro-american voice.

I played it back for a friend who identified more of the words:

Tomorrow isn't guaranteed to anyone,

Yesterday's a memory,

Tomorow's not what they used to be.

(Later on)

Yesterday's are gone, are you?

They sound about right to you?